Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

2016 Japanese Grand Prix 年日本グランプリ

MexicolaMexicola Member Team Principal
edited October 2016 in World of Motorsport
I'm bi a lot of things, lingual isn't one of them.

Maybe this time the MODS WILL ACTUALLY STICKY THE THREADS YOU FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
Post edited by MBKF1 on

Comments

• mike96mike96 Member Team Principal
    Am I the only one who thought this was a spam thread?
    PSN ID: maptidh | Steam ID: mikeerfol

2017 Predictor Game Champion | 2015, 2017 Predictor Team Champion for Willyams with RevolvingPrawn
  • MBKF1MBKF1 Member Moderator
    Mex, I haven't stickied them because I've had the most pathetic excuse for WiFi the last 3 weeks and there's other things to be doing! However, managed to get some good WiFi, so I'll do it now.

Also edited the title slightly, because at first I also thought it was spam :p 
    MBKF1 | Community Moderator | Please be aware that I don't do much actual moderating
  • MexicolaMexicola Member Team Principal
    edited October 2016
    MBKF1 said:
    THAT WAS THE POINT. DAMN IT. NO. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
  • JiggyJiggy Member Petrol Head
    MBKF1 said:
    Mex, I haven't stickied them because I've had the most pathetic excuse for WiFi the last 3 weeks and there's other things to be doing! However, managed to get some good WiFi, so I'll do it now.

What a disgrace of a mod, this has to be top priority at all times.
    [what the good people of the f1 section of the Codemasters forum didn't know, was that Jiggy is actually a moderator on some other forum. However, he has been largely absent for most of this year, yet they still won't remove him from his mod-position. Needless to say, the community can be described as vibrant. This would most likely be inaccurate, seeing how the author of this little detour doesn't know what the hell is going on over there. To keep things on-topic: KONNICHIWA WU-TANG CLAN JAPANESE GP MAD MAX-SAMAAAAAAAA]
    Waited 5 years for Wu-Tang to be name-dropped in one of these threads.
    Jiggy said:
    MBKF1 said:

oi shut up or ill give u lifetime ban, dont tell me wot to do ye
    MBKF1 | Community Moderator | Please be aware that I don't do much actual moderating
    MBKF1 said:
    Jiggy said:
    MBKF1 said:

fite me i hav blecc belt in japanese karate fam
    Jiggy said:
    MBKF1 said:
    Jiggy said:
    MBKF1 said:

don believe u in tha slightist m10-2

But back to the subject of the Grond Pre, in shock news, today was probably the first time since I can remember, when I didn't set an alarm to watch qualifying. :O
  • Chadwick8505Chadwick8505 Member Wheel Nut
    MBKF1 said:
    Jiggy said:
    MBKF1 said:
    Jiggy said:
    MBKF1 said:

don believe u in tha slightist m10-2

But back to the subject of the Grond Pre, in shock news, today was probably the first time since I can remember, when I didn't set an alarm to watch qualifying. :O
    People still watch qualifying live?! 
    I always watch qualifying live, that makes me better than y-

No, seriously, I always do. It's as natural as breathing to me.
    edited October 2016
    I have no life and my soul is dead. Of course I watch all of them live.
    Wow good for you guys. I used to watch at least one practice session live and both qual and race live. But I just couldn't keep that going. Now I record it or replay it online. 

Still watch the races aces live as much as I can. 
    I'll set an alarm for the race tomorrow, but probably watch everything an hour later so I can watch the race with my dad (he refuses to get up before 7.00am, and he's not fussed with the build up). So I'll watch the build up by myself at 6.00am for an hour, and wake him up as they're about to start. :p 
    edited October 2016
    I have no life and my soul is dead. So I null my daily pain by downing a ten-glass of Smirnoff and drunkenly yell racist abuse at the drivers and mourn 800 years of British rule when I get up at 6am.
    In other depressing admissions, getting up early for the Japanese GP is the only thing that makes me feel alive.

• HughesyHughesy Member Champion
    edited October 2016
    Lewis needs to go back to driving school and learn how to use a clutch... Never mind engine failures, it's his poor clutch control that has cost him the title.

Also you guys slate Lewis all the time for moaning, but this is great from him. It was late from Max, but not illegal   

Post edited by Hughesy on
  • sjsharp2010sjsharp2010 Member Champion
    Not the greatest race pretty dull really the only highlight was Hamilton's fightback from 9th back up to 3rd if C4's highlights were anything to go by

In war victory, In peace vigilance, In death sacrifice -grey warden motto

I said to my dad last night that I thought today's race would be a pivotal moment in the championship. I said, if Rosberg won, then he'll go on to win the championship, because he'll have the confidence that he can yet again beat Hamilton on the track. And if Hamilton won, he'd go onto win, again because of the confidence, that when everything goes right for him, he is the fastest one.

So Rosberg won, and therefore I still stand by my prophecy, so I think Rosberg will go on to win the championship. Nico really had the perfect weekend, and that was the sort of blow he needed to deliver to Hamilton, and he's done it at the perfect time, with just 4 races to go.

I know Lewis has had his fair share of misfortune with his engine troubles, but even so, Nico would be a truly deserving champion. He has driven beautifully all season. 

Saying all of that, the Hamilton fan in me still has that glimmer of hope that he can somehow turn it around :dizzy:

A couple of mildly interesting stats I've thought of, firstly, Nico has the chance of equalling the record for most races won in a season, 13. Yes, there have been more races this season than ever before, but still, a superb achievement should he do it.

Also, if Lewis wins the next 4 races with Rosberg finishing 2nd every time, then Rosberg will still be the champion, by 5 points. This means that despite Hamilton winning 10 races in the season, he still wouldn't be the champion, which is surely a new record!
  • sjsharp2010sjsharp2010 Member Champion
    MBKF1 said:
    I said to my dad last night that I thought today's race would be a pivotal moment in the championship. I said, if Rosberg won, then he'll go on to win the championship, because he'll have the confidence that he can yet again beat Hamilton on the track. And if Hamilton won, he'd go onto win, again because of the confidence, that when everything goes right for him, he is the fastest one.

So Rosberg won, and therefore I still stand by my prophecy, so I think Rosberg will go on to win the championship. Nico really had the perfect weekend, and that was the sort of blow he needed to deliver to Hamilton, and he's done it at the perfect time, with just 4 races to go.

I know Lewis has had his fair share of misfortune with his engine troubles, but even so, Nico would be a truly deserving champion. He has driven beautifully all season. 

Saying all of that, the Hamilton fan in me still has that glimmer of hope that he can somehow turn it around :dizzy:

A couple of mildly interesting stats I've thought of, firstly, Nico has the chance of equalling the record for most races won in a season, 13. Yes, there have been more races this season than ever before, but still, a superb achievement should he do it.

Also, if Lewis wins the next 4 races with Rosberg finishing 2nd every time, then Rosberg will still be the champion, by 5 points. This means that despite Hamilton winning 10 races in the season, he still wouldn't be the champion, which is surely a new record!

Yeah I agree I definitely think Rosberg has the edge for sure now. Hamilton really needs Rosberg to have a DNF of his own or a race at least where he doesn't score highly. The only thing right now that is in Hamilton's favour is the fact the next 3 races are in America and he tends to go well there. But he not only needs to go well there he needs Rosberg to fall apart a bit as well.

In war victory, In peace vigilance, In death sacrifice -grey warden motto

I think Rosberg has just been much better handling the off track bull $&@? This year. Last year he was awful at it, he let Hamilton get in his head too much last year. This year it seems like he's managed to get over it and just drive the car, focused one race at a time.

At this point it is certainly Rosberg's championship to lose. But at the same time if anyone could take it away in dramattic fashion, it's Hamilton.