Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

1st ever PS4 Community Race Livestreamed at January 18th Canada (Sign-up and Interest Thread)

Comments

• seajamiet12seajamiet12 Member New Car Smell
    edited January 2017
    Hello All,

My preferences would easily be Saturday or a Sunday. I work Monday - Friday 9am-5:30pm. 7:30PM is just a little too early. You will get more viewers and exposure from a weekend race as well, as more people will not be working like me. There's a reason AOR is on a Sunday, and Matt did his community race on Bank Holiday Monday .

If it has to be a weekday, 8PM is literally the earliest I can do, 9pm works best. I also would prefer 50% , it's not meant to be a full on serious race. My vote for the track is Spa.
  • alex1994128alex1994128 Member, Drivers Race Engineer
    Hello All,

My preferences would easily be Saturday or a Sunday. I work Monday - Friday 9am-5:30pm. 7:30PM is just a little too early. You will get more viewers and exposure from a weekend race as well, as more people will not be working like me. There's a reason AOR is on a Sunday, and Matt did his community race on Bank Holiday Monday .

If it has to be a weekday, 8PM is literally the earliest I can do, 9pm works best. I also would prefer 50% , it's not meant to be a full on serious race. My vote for the track is Spa.
    Most likely there will be more signups then startes (already 22) 

I put a poll at the First Post and will go with the Majority Vote
    AOR and RaceDepartment PS4 racer
  • 7thGearRL7thGearRL Member, Drivers Wheel Nut
    Voted, I did 100% races on F1 2011-2013, and I certainly do not miss them one bit haha

They are usually a long-winded and connection issues could just disrupt proceedings. Open to days and tracks, but voted for my preference of course.

• Jthorn97Jthorn97 Member, Drivers Pit Crew
    Don't want to ruin the party but how is this supposed to be a "community race" when there are just random people signing up? The thing with the PC race was that most of the youtubers came together and did a race. This seems to just be a normal social race. 
    Jthorn97 said:
    Don't want to ruin the party but how is this supposed to be a "community race" when there are just random people signing up? The thing with the PC race was that most of the youtubers came together and did a race. This seems to just be a normal social race. 
    The reality is that no big YouTuber wants to race on PS4 right now and i thought it would be just nice to have one race where ppl from different leagues/communities come together, and show that the otherwise very segmented PS4 community can do collective events.

As i said the ultimate goal would be that the top 4 of the 5 miggest leagues compete against each other, but also do not forget the the Youtuber race was also filled with random ppl to get the numbers.
  • RoimataRoimata Member New Car Smell
    edited January 2017
    my experience with a 100% race and streaming it, i takes too long to watch the whole stream. I mean people watching need to watch it like for 2 1/2 hours of there time. At racestars.nl we have a f1 league with  100% distance and streaming it on youtube, but not allot of end viewers since it's simple too long to watch and we have quite a large player base with 6 full leagues and the link is posted in all off the 6 whatsapp groups,
  • FRACTUREDFRACTURED Member, Drivers Champion
    edited January 2017
    Remember when codemasters set one of these up themselves? 

Good times.

Edit Lozzy, removed swearing.
    Post edited by Lozzy on
    VIOLENCE. SPEED. MOMENTUM.

The two time, 2016/2018 F1 Beta testing Champion of the World.
  • Jthorn97Jthorn97 Member, Drivers Pit Crew
    edited January 2017
    Jthorn97 said:
    The reality is that no big YouTuber wants to race on PS4 right now and i thought it would be just nice to have one race where ppl from different leagues/communities come together, and show that the otherwise very segmented PS4 community can do collective events.

As i said the ultimate goal would be that the top 4 of the 5 miggest leagues compete against each other, but also do not forget the the Youtuber race was also filled with random ppl to get the numbers.
    Well I would pick the drivers if that was the case. I would get into contact with drivers from different leagues like AOR, F1Italian, Racestars, PSGL, etc and then do a race. 

If it's "first come, first served" it will only turn out to be a normal social where random people are just signing up. 
  • jinCHEZjinCHEZ Member, Drivers Wheel Nut
    Jthorn97 said:
    Jthorn97 said:

Well I would pick the drivers if that was the case. I would get into contact with drivers from different leagues like AOR, F1Italian, Racestars, PSGL, etc and then do a race. 

If it's "first come, first served" it will only turn out to be a normal social where random people are just signing up. 
    I believe the priority is community involvement of some sort
    Jthorn97 said:
    Jthorn97 said:

All those leagues are in the middle of their seasons and this would be sth. I'd like to bring forward at the end of march

And i stated that if there are more then 20 sign ups then the guys who race in leagues or are active community members are getting priority.

For now it's just getting ppl together from different community background whi are willing to do a one off race against drivers they otherwise would not race. Therefore the "sign-up" approach.
  • DauntingConchDauntingConch Member, Drivers Co-Driver
    I think it would be great to have @Worntoathread @jinCHEZ and @DauntingConch onboard, to have some of the original beta testers from march on board and also to avoid that this race turns into an AOR Social
    Hi Alex, thanks for the mention,  I am however only on xbox so can't participate.  Good luck with it, I think sounds a great idea :-) 
    edited January 2017
    I think it would be great to have @Worntoathread @jinCHEZ and @DauntingConch onboard, to have some of the original beta testers from march on board and also to avoid that this race turns into an AOR Social
    Hi Alex, thanks for the mention,  I am however only on xbox so can't participate.  Good luck with it, I think sounds a great idea :-) 
    yeah, would be just cool not to get half of AOR racing in here ^^

btw  i think the polls have spoken, Saturday the 18th it is a 50% In Canada

I hope that in the next 10 days we get a lot of sign ups and interest from different leagues to make this an encounter of diverse leagues, groups and racers :smile:
    Post edited by alex1994128 on
  • PhilMcGivernPhilMcGivern Member, Drivers New Car Smell
    I'd be down for an 100% race ;)

also want start a YouTube channel... any tips would be greatly appreciated :D
  • Sutil69FUSutil69FU Member New Car Smell
    Hi Guys!
    This is very Interesting!

Im in, if i can!
    I'm an italian Youtuber (Sutil69FU) with 42k subscribers and member of F1Italianteam... a forum with one of the best league i think, MASTER LEAGUE.
    I won 3 title.

Nick Psn: Sutil69F1 
    Hope see u on the track!
    Sutil69FU said:
    Hi Guys!
    This is very Interesting!

Im in, if i can!
    I'm an italian Youtuber (Sutil69FU) with 42k subscribers and member of F1Italianteam... a forum with one of the best league i think, MASTER LEAGUE.
    I won 3 title.

Nick Psn: Sutil69F1 
    Hope see u on the track!
    Incredible!   You are more then welcome to participate and yes F1 italian is well known to me as you guys are maybe the fastest league on PS4 :)  

Of course you are allowed to spread the word and get a few fellow f1 italians to race with us aswell :D
  • inspiretheworldinspiretheworld Member Petrol Head
    edited January 2017
    Maybe if you get the numbers you should do 2 races so everyone can be involved in this. I feel it's a bit unfair if people are being left out. :)  
    Maybe do them on different days so you can stream them both. 
    PS4 - inspiretheworld
    Steam - beans_on_toast
    bax said:
    If you are planning to stream PS4 using a PC streaming software (xSplit, OBS), and you wish to give your live coverage some F1 overlay...
    please consider to use this small app: http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/47591/race-overlay-f1-mini#latest

I can give you something more, with tyres, timings, penalties and pit stops, but I need a place in the race room to update (manually) data from the game director page.
    While the overlay is looking pretty good and it would be a nice addition, i think tht it would be too much of an ask for the streamer to constantly update the positions manually.

Maybe if you get the numbers you should do 2 races so everyone can be involved in this. I feel it's a bit unfair if people are being left out. :)  
    My time is limited aswell and as for now there would be only two drivers not participating and for those two it would be though luck. IF we have 30+ signups then we could talk about splitting the even, but as fr now everything stays as it is
  • MilosMikiMilosMiki Member New Car Smell
    bax said:
    If you are planning to stream PS4 using a PC streaming software (xSplit, OBS), and you wish to give your live coverage some F1 overlay...
    please consider to use this small app: http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/47591/race-overlay-f1-mini#latest

I can give you something more, with tyres, timings, penalties and pit stops, but I need a place in the race room to update (manually) data from the game director page.
    While the overlay is looking pretty good and it would be a nice addition, i think tht it would be too much of an ask for the streamer to constantly update the positions manually.

My time is limited aswell and as for now there would be only two drivers not participating and for those two it would be though luck. IF we have 30+ signups then we could talk about splitting the even, but as fr now everything stays as it is
    have you read the link? apparently it can be done by someone else rather than the streamer 
    AOR PS4 F1 Driver - Renault | AOR DiRT League Coordinator | PSN: RBOS_00
  • xMayhemMadnessxMayhemMadness Member New Car Smell
    Don't know if this affects whether I get in Alex but I am a multiple podium sitter in PSGL also.
This discussion has been closed.