Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Patch 1.08 - Tyre Wear Test Discussion Thread

1235»

Comments

• peterf1peterf1 Member Unleaded
    Koppara said:
    jinCHEZ said:
    It's just worded differently (and actually more correct). If you analyse the current existing tyre wear bug you can see that the tyre wear is actually correct when you start on a certain tyre. It is when you pit that you get a false tyre wear on the next tyre, so it is actually correct what she says but nobody "saw" it that way.
    You are correct, @jinCHEZ :)

I've updated the thread here - patch 1.08 has now been released on all platforms.

got it now. wonderful ambiguous and potentially rich language is English.
    shall patch tonight, the last patch for this game I shall assume.
  • Bcolt93Bcolt93 Member Petrol Head
    jinCHEZ said:
    It's just worded differently (and actually more correct). If you analyse the current existing tyre wear bug you can see that the tyre wear is actually correct when you start on a certain tyre. It is when you pit that you get a false tyre wear on the next tyre, so it is actually correct what she says but nobody "saw" it that way.

I've updated the thread here - patch 1.08 has now been released on all platforms.
    That's very interesting, because this would really set a big gap between the tyre compounds considering you can go 23 laps on softs in austria but only 6/7 on US  (what i gathered from starting on those compounds
    not that shocking though. didn't Verstappen do 45 laps on the softs in real life? And I don't think those who started on the ultras made it last L15, so it seems pretty accurate to me. We will obviously have to test it quite a bit, but most of the real life season the hardest compound lasted forever but sometimes wasn't a very viable option
  • ZvikoZviko Member Race Steward
    Vettel did 30 laps on ultras before he got a right rear puncture in Austria, meaning you should be able to do 15 in 50% races. I dont think i've managed that..
  • JP072JP072 Member Petrol Head
    I recently did Austria with the red bull 50% race, after the managment program they suggest i could do 12/13 laps on the ultra's.
  • DavewellDavewell Member New Car Smell
    edited February 2017
    the game is broken the online doesnt work !
    sorry its work but it took me 30 minutes
    Post edited by Davewell on
  • AdamFreemanAdamFreeman Member Race Steward
    Patch seems fine i play on xbox offline and apart from the already bad tears and frame drops and freezes nothing new appears.

The tears all be it bad are playable but the freezimg is ruing races for me, only happens with cockpit cam for me I dont wanna revert back to Tcam but might have to.

Any reason why cockpit cam is hitting performance so bad?
  • kingmjjkingmjj Member, Drivers Co-Driver
    Bcolt93 said:
    jinCHEZ said:

That's very interesting, because this would really set a big gap between the tyre compounds considering you can go 23 laps on softs in austria but only 6/7 on US  (what i gathered from starting on those compounds
    not that shocking though. didn't Verstappen do 45 laps on the softs in real life? And I don't think those who started on the ultras made it last L15, so it seems pretty accurate to me. We will obviously have to test it quite a bit, but most of the real life season the hardest compound lasted forever but sometimes wasn't a very viable option
    Hamilton did like 21 or 23 laps on the US. The US and SS are horrific in Austria post patch 
  • USPBauer24USPBauer24 Member Wheel Nut
    Dice and Ubisoft have supported their games years after release.

Codemasters really do not care about their customers. 
  • tone1492tone1492 Member New Car Smell
    Dice and Ubisoft have supported their games years after release.

Codemasters really do not care about their customers. 
    Ubisoft really doesn't have a choice. Their games launch with so many glitches and bugs it takes years to fix them.
  • alberto22246alberto22246 Member New Car Smell
    Thanks a lot for this new patch, now I can do Qualifing with softer tyres without be penalized in race bacause of tyre wear bug.

• DreamWizardDreamWizard Member New Car Smell
    Where do you download this ps4 1.08 patch???

• F1ITACommunityF1ITACommunity Member Wheel Nut
    Where do you download this ps4 1.08 patch???

automatic when you start ps4. Is 46MB so you may not have notice. Look on your ps4 notification

• Driver74Driver74 Member Wheel Nut
    Question: we found a little problem in our league (xbox). Sometimes, the tires explode by 95% and sometimes by 65%. 
    Have anyone the same ? 
  • DocTR2339DocTR2339 Member New Car Smell
    fps glitch is very boring..please fix it...
  • oogieeoogiee Member New Car Smell
    the only thing I have noticed is that even if I have used the harder tire in quali but post my fastest time on the softer tire, the harder tire goes back to 0% wear if I have to use it again in the race. 
    e.g in germany I did a quali run on softs and then did a faster quali run on the super softs. technically the soft tire should have about 4-5% wear.
    In the race I went SS, Soft and Soft. Both my softs started on 0% at the start of the stint eventhough one of them should have started on 4-5% wear at the start of the stint.
  • baxbax Member Unleaded
    edited February 2017
    After 1.08 patch we noticed this issue: low wake effect (maybe not a good translation), the speed of a car in the wake increases slightly. If in DRS zone,  the DRS works (the wing position changes) but the speed does not increase as it should. Most of the cars reach quite the the same top speed at the end of a straight (5 km/h difference), behind or not another car, DRS or not.
    This is not always happening (everything is ok in qualifying session and when the race starts, issue appears after first safety car in or after the first tyre change... not sure) and not happening for all cars but for most of them.
    We noticed this issue only during online races, private room, 12-16 cars, PS4, 50% and 100% race, Spa and Monza.
    Issue was not there before 1.08 patch.

Did someone else noticed this?
    Post edited by bax on
1235»