Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

DiRTy Gossip Thread

Comments

• gfRallygfRally Member Champion

If only we could bring back Group B rally with these pedestrians (they never die, they just run and dive).  I could only imagine 30 of these in front of you running as you drive (through? eek)

twitter: gflinch

• warpengagewarpengage Member Pit Crew
    @KickUp ; I know this may sound like a silly question but will all car team liveries have number plates? Some didn't in DiRT Rally and I always thought that was a small detail that was missing, because rally cars need them for the liaison. After all, they are road-legal machines.
  • KickUpKickUp Member, Codemasters Champion
    @KickUp ; I know this may sound like a silly question but will all car team liveries have number plates? Some didn't in DiRT Rally and I always thought that was a small detail that was missing, because rally cars need them for the liaison. After all, they are road-legal machines.
    Most will. 

DiRT Chief Game Designer & Co Driver.

Twitter kick_up

@KickUp, I do believe some rallys will give wavers to allow certain cars to compete without a "legit" plate. Monte Carlo 2016 for instance. Is this true?
  • KickUpKickUp Member, Codemasters Champion
    @KickUp, I do believe some rallys will give wavers to allow certain cars to compete without a "legit" plate. Monte Carlo 2016 for instance. Is this true?
    I don't know the full specifics but I think some do. 

DiRT Chief Game Designer & Co Driver.

Twitter kick_up

Thank you.                                                               
  • BluestigBluestig Member New Car Smell
    gfRally said:

If only we could bring back Group B rally with these pedestrians (they never die, they just run and dive).  I could only imagine 30 of these in front of you running as you drive (through? eek)
    This could work perfectly in a rally game. Just make the spectators dive away instead of resetting the car. 
  • human1101human1101 Member Unleaded
    specially if they made the oinky scream 
  • cjl9cjl9 Member Wheel Nut
    KickUp said:
    Not so. I bet you can't find any photos of a car without at least a rear number plate (absent accident damage of course!)
  • versediversedi Member Co-Driver
    BadD0g said:
    Azoresst said:
    gfRally said:
    spothedog said:
    So if I'm looking into having a PC built DR requirements would be ok? I'm a little PC challenged so any suggestion are welcome.
    Simple answer to everything.  Get the fastest gfx card you can afford, i5 cpu. 16 gb ram (debatable 8or16).  Everything else is a bonus for what you have left... ssd, etc
    The price difference between 8 and 16GB of RAM is so negligible these days compared to the rest of the cost that you might as well go for 16, SSD though is most definitely worth the money even only for the OS
    Not in Portugal. 16GB is exactly the double of the price of 8GB and if I choose to go with 8GB (DDR4) the money I safe is enough to buy an 120GB SSD.
    FWIW, when I upgraded from 8GB to 16GB there was no performance change at all in DR, so don't feel like you're missing out. The SSD is absolutely more beneficial, load times are only about 5-8 seconds at most.

Sorry, off topic! Uh, kebab 22B pizza New Zealand @KickUp 4 Your Stage mystery location!
    There we go, back on track.
    DiRT Rally is really low memory consuming, I've never got it more than 2GB usage.
    BF1 for instance takes 4,5GB to .... whatever you have. Usage is usual around 6,5GB because it can't get more (I've got 8GB, OS takes around 800MB and the rest is for different stuff like TS, etc.)
    „The speed was okay, but the corner was too tight.”

• RodgerDaviesRodgerDavies Member Race Engineer
    Really interesting fact @sqdstr - thanks
  • tbtstttbtstt Member Champion
    sqdstr said:
    cjl9 said:
    KickUp said:
    Not so. I bet you can't find any photos of a car without at least a rear number plate (absent accident damage of course!)
    Example Neuville at Tour de Corse 2016:

Rear:

Front:

Insurance for rally cars in France (at least for WRC rallies) is set on the car's number and not on the plates, so they don't have plates for French WRC rallies (Monte Carlo, Corsica and the old Rally de France)

Edit:
    Here's a more detailed article about it:
    http://en.best-of-rallylive.com/layout/set/print/News/Number-games
    Good article @sqdstr, cheers for posting that! 

"If In Doubt, Flat Out"

Forever Sideways

• SirPhilMcKrakenSirPhilMcKraken Member Pit Crew
    edited February 17
    I tried the S1 E2 in Assetto Corsa last night, its hairy!! Good fun, Kudos have definitely got tarmac physics right and cars dont snap like they do in DR
  • boganibogani Member Champion
    I tried the S1 E2 in Assetto Corsa last night, its hairy!! Good fun, Kudos have definitely got tarmac physics right and cars dont snap like they do in DR
    Well, it would be quite silly if they didn't get thetarmac to feel good as that is the only surface they have ;)

However, the WRC mod cars still feel like GT3 cars with a rally skin. They are not nimble enough imo.

"I had the biggest moose problem in my whole life I think"

"Was it on the side of the road?"

"Huh?"

"The moose"

"The mousse in the tire"

• SirPhilMcKrakenSirPhilMcKraken Member Pit Crew
    bogani said:
    Well, it would be quite silly if they didn't get thetarmac to feel good as that is the only surface they have ;)

However, the WRC mod cars still feel like GT3 cars with a rally skin. They are not nimble enough imo.
    Well yes, alright xD

The fiesta one isnt too bad, I do agree though. I think its mainly down to the dirt physics being non existant though so they work reasonably well considering. I'm hopeful they do try their hand at it in the future, the force feedback is really good and the cars don't turn too fast like they do in DR (can't remember how that aspect felt in D4 now lol)
  • DytutDytut Member Petrol Head
    @KickUp ; If D4 does really well... would you consider releasing a free DLC where we can get you as codriver? :-D
    Arete or 43. M. Andersson on steam/leaderboards.

• boganibogani Member Champion
    I see the "wheel shake" effect has returned. Wasn't that in DR also but were removed as people didn't like it? Correct me if I'm wrong :)

"I had the biggest moose problem in my whole life I think"

"Was it on the side of the road?"

"Huh?"

"The moose"

"The mousse in the tire"