Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

DiRTy Gossip Thread

Comments

• dani211212dani211212 Member Unleaded
    The More I read about Dirt 4, The More i am fascinated With it..
    Career Mode with Team Branding seems to be great. With a lots of  Cars and hope for long list of Events in Career Mode. The only thing that missing (my opinion), would be teammate and team championship in Career Mode to be Perfect... But still kudos to Codies for Best Rally game for Time to come :)

• Roggenbr0tRoggenbr0t Member New Car Smell
    The More I read about Dirt 4, The More i am fascinated With it..
    Career Mode with Team Branding seems to be great. With a lots of  Cars and hope for long list of Events in Career Mode.
    Same here, the DiRT 4 hype train is picking up steam at an alarming rate the more I read/hear about the game (except some minor "worries" like whether there will be more/louder turbo flutter/chirping or if the Impreza N12 will not make a comeback (again)).
    And I'm also hoping for quite an expansive number of events in career, or even some rather "open ended" endgame, where you can make full use of the team you've built up during the course of the career (e.g. something along the lines of the "Custom Championship" in D:R).
    Makes me wonder whether/how much the "My Team" aspect will carry over to other parts of the game (like Online modes) as well.
  • gfRallygfRally Member Champion

@ChristinaMc

You know how they say a picture is worth a thousand words?  How about next roadbook just post a picture or two :)  Heck, you wont have to type as much, lol 

Great roadbook sounds really interesting.

twitter: gflinch

• tbtstttbtstt Member Champion
    MrDeap said:
    Totally unexpected from a car manufacturer...(yes, it's from the official Subaru youtube channel )

Subaru USA marketing deliver the goods again! 

"If In Doubt, Flat Out!"

• tbtstttbtstt Member Champion
    I prefer it when a rally car races against a bobsled instead.

Even better when Meeke was involved*...

* No car parks were harmed in the making of this video. 

"If In Doubt, Flat Out!"

• gfRallygfRally Member Champion
    I prefer it when a rally car races against a bobsled instead.

interesting choice... classic Subaru vs Mitsubishi :)   love it 

twitter: gflinch

• SirPhilMcKrakenSirPhilMcKraken Member Petrol Head
    MrDeap said:
    Totally unexpected from a car manufacturer...(yes, it's from the official Subaru youtube channel )

Saw this the other day, it's quite funny lol. It was wrecked at the end
  • DarhourDarhour Member Pit Crew
    edited March 18
    That was a bit disappointing putting a Subie on a bobsleigh track while we were expecting it to be competing against the bobsleigh on its own each one on separate tracks.. Anyways, it was obvious from the start that it was not a rally car.
  • PorkhammerPorkhammer Member Champion
    What a waste of car. :(                                                       

"You must always strive to be the best, but you must never believe that you are."

-Juan Manuel Fangio

• F2CMaDMaXXF2CMaDMaXX Member Race Engineer
    edited March 18
    I think there was a Jalopnik article on making the car look like a basic rally car for the purpose of that run.

****EDIT.
    So not quite as i remembered the article, but they wanted it fairly stock looking, they used the IOM TT record car as a base.
    http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/travel/features/a32913/subarus-craziest-stunt-to-date-done-by-who-else-but-a-man-from-the-isle-of-man/

• sqdstrsqdstr Member Pit Crew
    No gossip but I didn't know where to put it, I remember someone posting a youtube vid of Loeb in a 306 Maxi.
    He's leading the Rallye de Hautes Provences in that car, beating modern R5's and a Fiesta WRC.
    Not by much but still, quite impressive  :)
  • PorkhammerPorkhammer Member Champion
    edited March 19
    sqdstr said:
    No gossip but I didn't know where to put it, I remember someone posting a youtube vid of Loeb in a 306 Maxi.
    He's leading the Rallye de Hautes Provences in that car, beating modern R5's and a Fiesta WRC.
    Not by much but still, quite impressive  :)
    It is an impressive car. It could beat WRC cars of the day as well - though only on tarmac. Preferrably dry, but I've seen Panizzi and Delecour do their magic with it in the wet as well, back in the day.

"You must always strive to be the best, but you must never believe that you are."

-Juan Manuel Fangio

• RallyDrivenRallyDriven Member Champion
    Can't remember what rally it was in the U.K. Last year, maybe Isle of Man, a maxi was beating an r5 until it got wet. A good driver in that car (which Loeb definitely is) has a lot of potential to beat r5's. You might have the money to afford the car, doesn't mean you can drive it well!

Michael

Real life rally co-driver and Full time agricultural student

-------------------------------------------------------------

Xbox One League - Michaels League - Feel free to join!

• Rygar86Rygar86 Member Wheel Nut
    If I'm not mistaken, I heard there is something like 300 stages in the career mode for Dirt 4. Is that just for the rally stages or does that include the other racing disciplines as well?

If this is not the case, then what is the breakdown of stages for each type?

Thanks! :)
  • RodgerDaviesRodgerDavies Member Team Principal
    Rygar86 said:
    If I'm not mistaken, I heard there is something like 300 stages in the career mode for Dirt 4. Is that just for the rally stages or does that include the other racing disciplines as well?

Three 'landrush', five RX (each with multiple configurations) and ??? rally stages. I believe the rally stages are curated using the Your Stage generation tech, so could be as many as they choose.

One question that i recently thought up; will the career stages all be completely 'as is' from the generator, or are any of them tweaked with unique objects or other details?
  • DidzisDidzis Member Petrol Head
    Rygar86 said:

In rallycross there are 5 tracks with 3 layouts per track (not sure about the new ones, but lets assume they will have 3 layouts as well). so that makes 15 for rallycross. For landrush I think I read that there's gonna be 3 tracks, with also, probably 2-3 layouts per track, so that's like 6-9 for landrush.
    There could very well be 300 stages for rally 
    i5-3350P | Be Quiet! Shadow Rock 2 | MSI B75A-G43 Gaming | MSI HD7870 OC | Kingston HyperX Red 8GB | Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB | WDC Blue 1TB | Corsair VS550 | Fractal-Design Core 3000 | Logitech Driving Force GT

DiRT2 | DiRT3 CE | DiRT Showdown | DiRT Rally | GRID | GRID2 | GRID Autosport