Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

A few small features that could make a big difference

Here are some ideas for F1 2017 :smile:
  • Mechanical Failures for actual plyaers (and not just engine failures)
  • Limited number of engines (if you go over you get a grid penalty)
  • Real FOM on-screen graphics
  • More AI mistakes (spins, oversteer ect)
  • Realistic car characteristics (eg Manor wasn't even that quick in a straight line in '16)
  • Different AI stratergies in changeable (e.g Hamilton at Monaco 2016 staying out on wets)
  • Sponsors on helmets (although FOM might not allow this)
  • Change helmet between seasons
Hope you guys see this and implement as many of these features as possible!

Comments

• USPBauer24USPBauer24 Member Unleaded
    Design and name your own team / car with colours and logos.
  • whitmarsh2whitmarsh2 Member Wheel Nut
    Here are some ideas for F1 2017 :smile:
    • Mechanical Failures for actual plyaers (and not just engine failures)
    • Limited number of engines (if you go over you get a grid penalty)
    • Real FOM on-screen graphics
    • More AI mistakes (spins, oversteer ect)
    • Realistic car characteristics (eg Manor wasn't even that quick in a straight line in '16)
    • Different AI stratergies in changeable (e.g Hamilton at Monaco 2016 staying out on wets)
    • Sponsors on helmets (although FOM might not allow this)
    • Change helmet between seasons
    Hope you guys see this and implement as many of these features as possible!
    1. Definitely yes. It's a part of real life so i'd like it to be part of games. Optional of course.
    2. Don't see why not. Surprised it wasn't in already. 
    3. If it's done well and adds something, yes.
    4. Definitely.
    5. Definitely.
    6. If it adds something to the game, yes. 
    7. Yes.

On another note, why can't we create a character and helmet specifically for online?
    I run the European side of PRL! Feel free to sign up here!
  • haydn23haydn23 Member Petrol Head
    R+D that actually works, and kinda being able to decide on a character background aswell as maybe better customization of character look maybe elder scrolls esque
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD4KthnFwavKbaHfHtz5ulg
    Steam: Haydn02  Xbox: Sid3ways Nismo PSN: Jenbut21 Twitter: @SidewaysNismo Uplay: H4ydn02
  • SentryAlphaSentryAlpha Member, Drivers Pit Crew
    Seriously said:
    I mean how many threads have been opened now about this thing? I expect minimum 40. I mean ****. Here are so many other threads about the same thing. I mean it's everything fine, but it makes nonsense to open million of other threads about the same thing.
    I mean seriously what are we doing here
    Gamertag: jageroni | I'm on Xbox and kinda from the USA | 'MERICA
    Seriously said:
    I mean how many threads have been opened now about this thing? I expect minimum 40. I mean ****. Here are so many other threads about the same thing. I mean it's everything fine, but it makes nonsense to open million of other threads about the same thing.
    Ping pong or forum posting?
    Steam: Haydn02  Xbox: Sid3ways Nismo PSN: Jenbut21 Twitter: @SidewaysNismo Uplay: H4ydn02
  • R4pp3rR4pp3r Member Race Steward
    haydn23 said:
    Seriously said:
    Ping pong or forum posting?
    *Ping*
    Nothing better than watching a driver on the ragged edge. Nothing better than feeling a car right on the limits of its own performance.
    Maybe an engineer relationship bar kinda. So maybe u get a small increase in resource points and maybe get given better strats if u and ur engineer have a better relationship.
  • dwin20dwin20 Member Unleaded
    Outputting more UDP telemetry data fields for more complete third party telemetry information - although would be better if telemetry were just a part of the game. 
  • nicolas1423nicolas1423 Member Unleaded
    MatthewT2001 indeed it would be awesome