Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

DiRTy Gossip Thread

Comments

• Rygar86Rygar86 Member Race Steward
    edited April 20
    KevM said:

Hell no, I'd love to see what CM could do with the license.  I'd have it & DiRT no problem, without hesitation.

If they had the WRC licence would that mean they would have to provide a Rally for every country in the current WRC callender? It seems like that is part of the licence agreement, like F1 for instance and the WRC 6 currently has, but with only a few short stages per country. If this were the case then surely Codies would instead use the "Your Stage" technology to achieve this requirement and then we would have a full suite of countries, but this time with no limits on content, making for the perfect rally game, something that has never been achieved. Just think, you could finally do 20 odd stages per country like they do in real life Rally's and race in every country that the pros are racing in at same time!

Or maybe Codies (and I think this is more likely and would be better) will just achieve this over time without the official licence by simply releasing new DLC and new Dirt titles until eventually they finally have every country on offer integrated into the "Your Stage" system, making them the official and untouchable demi gods of Rally games!

"You may say Im a dreamer, but Im not the only one"

Post edited by Rygar86 on
  • RodgerDaviesRodgerDavies Member Champion
    If they get it, they deserve the chance to prove themselves. Was hoping CM would get hold of it it down the line, but if not there are certainly worse possibilities out there.
  • FedemaisonnaveFedemaisonnave Member, Drivers Co-Driver
    It would be possible to use your stage in any scenario? Or ir is trickier to implement it in mountains like greece?
  • FloatingGrassFloatingGrass Member Pit Crew

It would be possible to use your stage in any scenario? Or ir is trickier to implement it in mountains like greece?

Or El Condor wink wink wink
    Expect none and 10/10 times you won't be disappointed.
  • boganibogani Member Champion
    Anyone have insight how these licenses work? I guess it's the WRC promoter that wants a game out there to promote the sport. Is there a bidding war between developers who get the license? Do the WRC promoter fund any of the production costs?

"I had the biggest moose problem in my whole life I think"

"Was it on the side of the road?"

"Huh?"

"The moose"

"The mousse in the tire"

• versediversedi Member Champion
    May shed some light about how strict dates and requirements are:
    https://www.euronext.com/nl/node/421295

The speed was okay, but the corner was too tight.
  • KevMKevM Member Champion
    With the WRC licence, I would nearly prefer they didn't use YourStage tech and go for accuracy.

Existing "WRC" titles only have 'made up' stages with token landmarks, but look at Dirt Rally as a contrast.  Sweet Lamb is accurate, Col De Turini is accurate, Panzerplatte is accurate, Ouninpohja is accurate, but for licensing, they have to be re-named.  

Codies could accurately represent WRC cars, sounds, handling and locations (they are half-way there with existing assets) and keep YourStage for the DiRT franchise.  Best of both worlds.  WRC for authenticity, DiRT for infinite possibilities and a 'free hand' of content, disciplines & cars

I bought WRC6 just because of what it is, and its turned out to be horrific.  I still crave a competent WRC title like the good ole days
  • KevMKevM Member Champion
    All they need is one accurate stage per location.  The location could then be bulked up with virtual stages.

Yes, it took a crazy amount of time, but didn't it pay off?  The stages in DiRT are awesome!
  • boganibogani Member Champion

KevM said:

All they need is one accurate stage per location.  The location could then be bulked up with virtual stages.

Yes, it took a crazy amount of time, but didn't it pay off?  The stages in DiRT are awesome!

You wanted them to go for accuracy with the WRC license and use Your Stage in their DiRT games, isn't that what you wrote?

"I had the biggest moose problem in my whole life I think"

"Was it on the side of the road?"

"Huh?"

"The moose"

"The mousse in the tire"

• dgeesi0dgeesi0 Member Champion
    while i would like places like sweet lamb if your stage works well then overall the longevity is in your stage.

look at Dirt rally now its basically done.yet with your stage in dirt rally it would be going for many many years.that is why im so excited about your stage.endless replayability.
  • ark13700ark13700 Member Unleaded
    Your Stage + the new WRC cars = take my money
  • DytutDytut Member Race Engineer
    @ChristinaMc, @KickUp, any news on what's happened to the leagues? They seem to have disappeared completely.
    Arete or 43. M. Andersson on steam/leaderboards.

• SirPhilMcKrakenSirPhilMcKraken Member Team Principal

tbtstt said:

An exceptionally trivial question for @KickUp, but have the trophy/achievements been decided upon yet? Any subtle (or not so subtle) references for forum members to look out for? 

Yes and yes. May or may not be covering it in a Road Book, who knows. 

:D 

If there's not a PhilMcKraken related trophy then its a no from me.