Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

DiRTy Gossip Thread

Comments

• boganibogani Member Champion
    I should warn you they have removed the game audio with looping **** elevator music  :s

"I had the biggest moose problem in my whole life I think"

"Was it on the side of the road?"

"Huh?"

"The moose"

"The mousse in the tire"

• nystedt88nystedt88 Member Unleaded

bogani said:

I should warn you they have removed the game audio with looping **** elevator music  :s

it was the most frustrating gameplay video yet!!! is it to much to ask to have somone who can drive play it?
  • juu1iusjuu1ius Member Co-Driver
    Idd, someone already mentioned him already, but give it to Jimmy  -  good driver, entertaining to watch and can blab while driving :)
  • SergeyTokarevSergeyTokarev Member Pit Crew
    So, channel with 644 subscribers can have a ps4 code? Just give one to @Porkhammer already :D

PSN ID: RadeonX1950
  • KevMKevM Member Champion
    I'm not watching any more vids.  They can't drive & pick the same cars.  Slaptrain's Ascona drifting has me remaining optimistic.

I prefer to wait & decide for myself, hands on!!  Straight to the RWD - no assists :)
  • dani211212dani211212 Member Wheel Nut
    edited May 19

bogani said:

Anyone know what car is being driven in Spain at about 1 minute in the video? 

its Space Star R5

KickUp said:

So, channel with 644 subscribers can have a ps4 code? Just give one to @Porkhammer already :D

No one has been given a code. They came to the event in London yesterday.
    As I have said many times before we cannot tell the journalists who attend these events how to drive or what they can and cannot do. 

They could probably have used the game audio without any copyright trouble though?

"Huh?"

"The moose"

"The mousse in the tire"

• ark13700ark13700 Member Unleaded
    Minor gripe, but for the DirtFish challenges where you hit smash targets/time tokens, it would be nice for the notification for hitting multiple targets at once shows up as +3 instead of having +1 flash repeatedly. Would that be an easy fix?
  • KickUpKickUp Member, Codemasters Champion

ark13700 said:

Minor gripe, but for the DirtFish challenges where you hit smash targets/time tokens, it would be nice for the notification for hitting multiple targets at once shows up as +3 instead of having +1 flash repeatedly. Would that be an easy fix?

I agree but the way the system was set up didn't support it well. So it not going to be fixed for this game. 

DiRT Chief Game Designer & Co Driver.

Twitter kick_up

bogani said:

KickUp said:

As I have said many times before we cannot tell the journalists who attend these events how to drive or what they can and cannot do. 

They could probably have used the game audio without any copyright trouble though?

Perhaps their capture kit didn't record the audio so they had to use this instead. 

Twitter kick_up

• ark13700ark13700 Member Unleaded

KickUp said:

I agree but the way the system was set up didn't support it well. So it not going to be fixed for this game. 

Ah i see. Guess it won't really affect the game's enjoyment anyway, and coding can be a **** sometimes

KickUp said:

bogani said:

KickUp said:

Perhaps their capture kit didn't record the audio so they had to use this instead. 

Nah, they wrote in the desription the removed the audio for copyright reasons.

"Huh?"

"The moose"

"The mousse in the tire"

• Rygar86Rygar86 Member Pit Crew

KickUp said:

Nope, that would not be ethical. You can only hope that people will like the game and do a good job of representing the game to the market. Are you guys at Codies still planing on doing some gameplay footage before release as was mentioned earlier? Im also still hoping for an epic Dirt Show before launch :smiley:

Can I ask as well, what kind of stuff you guys are up to at the moment? Is it mostly testing and bug fixing right now? 

Anyway, hope its going well, the game is looking absolutely fantastic so far and looks to be the extremely worthy successor to the wonderful Dirt Rally that many of us were hoping for, plus even more :)

bogani said:

KickUp said:

bogani said:

KickUp said:

Ah fair enough. It's nothing we enforced on them. 

Twitter kick_up

• versediversedi Member Race Engineer
    @KickUp you probably missed my question, will there still be random rocks on road in D4?
    „The speed was okay, but the corner was too tight.”

• Rygar86Rygar86 Member Pit Crew

bogani said:

I think those guys are just really green @bogani and a bit confused about things. I have to say the quality of their video capture is really high quality, the best Ive seen of D4 by far. Game looks stunningly good and that footage of the mini in the fog in Wales is soooo sexy. Also, unless Im mistaken, the rain effects on the RX track look improved as well.