Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

DiRTy Gossip Thread

Comments

• versediversedi Member Champion
    edited June 1
    Rygar86 said:
    Another video! This guy is a machine...what a legend! :smiley:

The rain in Spain stays mainly in the plain! 

Look on car behaviour on chase cam... looks bad :( I hope its a gamer handling ;)
    What's bad? Could you elaborate on that? I see you whining about the car reactions but you didn't state even one solid argument to make us agree with you.
  • AreyoubenAreyouben Member Race Steward
    edited June 1
    It looks a little bit like the car rotates around it's center instead of it standing on 4 wheels, kinda like the old CMR games.
  • FlykasFlykas Member New Car Smell
    Tarmac handling looks similar to Dirt, car just floats around with lack of grip. But whatever I didn't expect it to be realistic, will still be fun tho :]  
  • boganibogani Member Champion
    Flykas said:
    Tarmac handling looks similar to Dirt, car just floats around with lack of grip. But whatever I didn't expect it to be realistic, will still be fun tho :]  
    Kinda like vanilla RBR. Still was fun though. At the time ;)

"I had the biggest moose problem in my whole life I think"

"Was it on the side of the road?"

"Huh?"

"The moose"

"The mousse in the tire"

• SamRWDSamRWD Member Petrol Head
    Yeah, vanilla RBR was not great with  tarmac. I mean it was decent, but not anywhere loose stuff they did. I really hope Dirt 4 will replace RBR, it's an old game with a lot of shortcomings. I can't wait to do my first stage on the 9th :) 
  • FlykasFlykas Member New Car Smell
    Well RBRB was way better on tarmac because it had clear distinction between when you have really good grip and when you suddenly loose it. Here it just always slides around. 
  • gfRallygfRally Member Champion
    @gfRally I'm Leon ;) and if a Dirt 4 inspired heist movie goes ahead, I'm all in! 

I'm not good being put on the spot as you can tell xD
    Pleased to meet? you Sir..
    You guys are all brave souls for allowing them to do this..  I hate doing stuff like that, I would be stuttering and sweating. :) 

twitch: gfrally    twitter: gflinch

• RallyDrivenRallyDriven Member Champion
    gfRally said:
    @gfRally I'm Leon ;) and if a Dirt 4 inspired heist movie goes ahead, I'm all in! 

You guys are all brave souls for allowing them to do this..  I hate doing stuff like that, I would be stuttering and sweating. :) 

Why do you think you didn't see my interview!? :P

Michael

Real life rally co-driver and Full time agricultural student

-------------------------------------------------------------

Xbox One League - Michaels League - Feel free to join!

• gfRallygfRally Member Champion
    edited June 1
    gfRally said:

Why do you think you didn't see my interview!? :P
    I am assuming your name is Michael, and I didn't see anyone interviewed with that name?  Sorry if somehow I missed it... Care to clear that up?  

Missread your post...  Yeah I understand, but thats not what the others said about you :joy:

twitch: gfrally    twitter: gflinch

• SirPhilMcKrakenSirPhilMcKraken Member Team Principal
    gfRally said:

Charmed ;)

Haha it didn't bother me, I'm just not good at improvising but I thought it was funny how focused I looked when using the wheel xD
  • EtirionEtirion Member Pit Crew
    edited June 1
    Right, vajb just got his key from Codies and will be streaming Dirt 4 on ps4 live this evening (probably sometime around 8pm (CEST), maybe an hour later or so) throw him a follow and check at for when it goes live! Streams will continue the next days/weeks/months.

Download size is 34.2GB (ps4) for him, a few of you might be interested in that.
  • Rygar86Rygar86 Member Race Steward
    edited June 1
    For those who are catching up and havnt seen them yet, I thought I would consolidate all the Dirt 4 videos so far, from our (lucky bastard :D) friend aki1337, enjoy...

Spain at night: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HI77FaslEk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvzHK0ixSbk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5xapB-LEVk

• dgeesi0dgeesi0 Member Champion
    nice to see Vajb is on later will watch him B)                                 
  • KlimasAdrianKlimasAdrian Member New Car Smell
    edited June 1
    versedi said:
    Rygar86 said:
    Another video! This guy is a machine...what a legend! :smiley:

The rain in Spain stays mainly in the plain! 

Look on car behaviour on chase cam... looks bad :( I hope its a gamer handling ;)
    What's bad? Could you elaborate on that? I see you whining about the car reactions but you didn't state even one solid argument to make us agree with you.
    I said that becouse the car not turning propetly. Car rotates around it's center instead of it standing on 4 wheels like in dirt rally and old dirt games. So i think its a gamer handling. I see other videos with for example Fiesta R5 and car turning very realistic like on this video : 

We will see today during vajb stream ;) I saw his game rig so its very possible that he will use Simulation Handling ;) 

• carpacarpa Member Race Steward
    Rygar86 said:
    Lynx2000 said:
    I bet that Alvarez'  first name is Sebastian it's just the next generation of rally winning Sebastian's first we had Loeb than Ogier and now we have  Alvarez 
    Someone is cloning them in their basement :D
    There is something strange with that name because we also have a Sebastian Vettel in F1...
    "I race to win, of course. But even before of winning, I race to race. As fast as possible"
    - Gilles Villeneuve