Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Why bother with Rallycross daily events when people are blatantly cheating them

RichWard25RichWard25 Member New Car Smell
I can't be the only one that feels there is no point to completing the daily events in Dirt 4, right? 

Let me explain my reasoning. On Dirt Rally I got to the point where I was regularly finishing in the top 20 on daily, weekly and monthly challenges and from time to time setting fastest stage times on the longer events. During this time I would see a few regular names getting the same kind of results. Now when it comes to Dirt 4 and it's community events, I seem to be lucky to finish in the second tier and I'm often over a minute off the fastest time. Now sure I'll admit that I don't have perfect runs through these "cut and paste" stages like I would on Dirt Rally, but loosing over a minute seems a little far fetched. I also have to scroll a long way down the leaderboard before I see any names I recognise from Dirt Rally too and I know they won't have just gotten bad overnight either. But the thing that really made me feel that things are going too far was the results of today's (Tuesday 27th) Rallycross daily event. A 4 lap race that I had not trouble comfortably finishing ahead of the ai. Sure I was held up a little at the start with the expected first corner madness that may have cost a couple of seconds. But a clean race, in the same car as everyone else and locked to the default setup, I though I had a pretty good run. Then I looked at the leaderboard post race to find that I was 44 (yes that is fourty four) seconds off the fastest time. For someone to have achieved that, they would have had to take an average of 11 seconds per lap out of me. I can understand maybe 2 seconds per lap (where most of the believable times on the leaderboard start), but there is no way that is legitimately possible. You have to get to the bottom of the top 10 before the times become realistic and even then they must have been inch perfect laps to be that quick with the default setup.

There isn't any way to flag these times as suspicious in game and I can't see how they can be better policed because so many names just appear as Dirt Player. 
Post edited by RichWard25 on

Comments

• ScyyScyy Member Co-Driver
    edited June 2017
    Joona, pork, dgessio, gheed and several others are all still consistently at the top just like dirt rally. Keep in mind there are a lot more people along with ps4 and Xbox in the mix.

I'm in the same boat as far as I used to get in the top 50 on most events in dirt rally vs I'm usually in the middle of the second to top tier on dirt 4. With the occasional really good showing with a car and location I like.

While I have no doubt there will be cheaters, as long as joona or someone else is at the top I'll believe the times.

That being said those rally cross times do seem off.
    The Hypno Toad on Leaderboards
  • PLASTIKMAN66PLASTIKMAN66 Member New Car Smell
    Totally agree something is wrong somewhere. I have not played for a week or so because I have been away but the last RallyX event I did somebody was 1 and a half minutes faster. I drove steady and didnt crash and to be that time ahead just is not possible.
  • ANDYBELANDYBEL Member New Car Smell
    I jumped the start and was forced to take 2 joker laps, was only 9 seconds off the leaders on Xbox after a clean race, no cutting or cheating.
    It obviously doesn't happen every event. Just a few.
  • nbates66nbates66 Member Unleaded
    i don't get it, just because someone might have made 11 seconds per lap better on you they must have been cheating? (think I beat your time too by the way, am I cheating?)
  • ANDYBELANDYBEL Member New Car Smell
    I think the clue is in your comment 'I drove steady'.

You can't drive steady in rallycross and expect to be up there in the top tiers. 

If in doubt flat out........as the late great CM would have said.
  • damvickdamvick Member New Car Smell
    I think people would feel better if we could see the ghost replays of the winner of each event. 
    I will add that I've raced one of the top names in pro tour aND lost by 4 seconds total. To lose by over a minute on some stages, well, i'd love to be able to see the run.
    And here they are. You are just slow.

You dont lose 90 seconds in 4 laps by driving steady! Steady is refering to a pace not a style. FFS

There is  bug, clearly
    ANDYBEL said:
    I think the clue is in your comment 'I drove steady'.

You can't drive steady in rallycross and expect to be up there in the top tiers. 

If in doubt flat out........as the late great CM would have said.
    Would you care to point me to where I said "I drove steady?"

damvick said:
    I will add that I've raced one of the top names in pro tour aND lost by 4 seconds total. To lose by over a minute on some stages, well, i'd love to be able to see the run.
    I never mentioned Pro Tour and I completely accept that I'm a long way off the pace when it comes to stage rallying in Dirt 4. I've not put any time into setups and have become quite bored of the stages featuring the same set of corners in different orders. 

nbates66 said:
    i don't get it, just because someone might have made 11 seconds per lap better on you they must have been cheating? (think I beat your time too by the way, am I cheating?)
    There is no "might" to consider here. For someone to complete a 4 lap race 44 seconds faster than me, and we'll over 30 seconds faster than the first 'realistic' times in the event, they would have lapped me had I been on the track with them. 11 seconds is over 1/3 of a lap, so to have averaged that every lap over the 4 lap duration of the race, in the same car, with the same default setup, is just not logical. 

And no, I wouldn't say you or the other few hundred people that were ahead of me in the results were cheating, but for there to be such a huge time difference between the top 6 or 7 in the event and then the next few thousand people separated by tenths of a second doesn't play with me. 

And just just to be clear, this was never about me crying that I didn't win. I thought I made a perfectly logical and rational argument expressing my concerns over the validity of the event. 

What I meant is I'm close to those at the top in pro tour yet some of these dailies I'm more than a minute off. I'd like to see the ghost car of the daily, weekly, and monthly stages so we can see where we're losing the time. 
  • DytutDytut Member Champion
    damvick said:
    What I meant is I'm close to those at the top in pro tour yet some of these dailies I'm more than a minute off. I'd like to see the ghost car of the daily, weekly, and monthly stages so we can see where we're losing the time. 
    I haven't even tried the ghost car yet, but can't you just save the stage to your stages and run it again with ghost cars from the leaderboard?
    Arete or 43. M. Andersson on steam/leaderboards.

• SkyRexSkyRex Member Race Steward
    Just did the Daily Grp A and was 5th overall.  Recognized @CrazyNevada on 2nd, which should be legit. 1st was 11sec infront, but the standard setup is bad on the Evo and I drove quite conservative and even had a half-spin once. So 11 less seconds on a >6min stage seems totally plausible.

For RX, does you have any reference of your driving, so we could see if it is actually fast or not, therefor if the cheating is plausible or not?
    This is my RX driving-style and pace on Fearless difficulty:

• madwakmadwak Member Wheel Nut
    @SkyRex  -  Nice driving, that's how to do RX :smiley:
  • RichWard25RichWard25 Member New Car Smell
    edited June 2017
    I think you missed my point. I'm not trying to argue that my time was fast or anything like that, I'm trying to draw awareness to the people that are so far ahead of anyone else. 

As far as the Rallycross event that I referred to in my original post is concerned, I have 2 pictures of the final results. One showing my time and those around me and another showing the top 12 times. Unfortunately it won't allow me to upload those pictures here directly from my iPad but I can provide you with some basic information from them. 

• My time was 2:46.747. As I have previously stated, I never claimed that it was a world beater of a time but it was a solid, clean run that I knew could have been better. That would average out at 41.7 seconds per lap including the standing start and joker lap. 
    • The fastest time was 2:01.829. That equates to 44.918 seconds faster than my time and has an average laptime around 30.5 seconds per lap. 
    • The second placed time was 2:17.564. 15.735 seconds slower than the fastest time and with an average laptime of 34.4 seconds. 
    • Third was 24.768 seconds slower and fourth and fifth were 30+ seconds off the fastest time. 
    • Once you get down to eighth the times begin to get much closer together and to what you would expect from a Rallycross event. Hundreds of people would fall into the next bracket of a second difference. 
    Now if I were to look at the current leaderboard for Höljes Full Circuit, Midday, Dry, I would see that the current fastest laptime is 35.099 seconds. There are currently 3 people in the 35 second bracket and non of them are featured in the top 10 of the Daily Event. In fact, if I scrolled down the leaderboard I wouldn't see any of the top 5 from the Daily Event before I gave up around the 800 region at which point the times had reached 37.9 seconds. 

Now it is worth noting that these leaderboard times take into account the use of other cars from the Rallycross Supercar class and the use of custom setups. 

So there are some factual figures directly from the game that I'm sure anyone with even basic mathematical abilities can work out that these are impossible times. 

• KevMKevM Member Champion
    Nothing ever changes....

i switched her off cross-platform leaderboard about a week after release, as a certain YouTube ad started doing the rounds on the gossip thread

the guy seems to have droves of repeat custom
  • RichWard25RichWard25 Member New Car Smell
    Once again we have the same story. Today's Rallycross Daily currently has someone sitting at the top of the times with a 2:00.045. Is there any chance that someone from Codemasters can look into this?
  • NarzugonNarzugon Member Wheel Nut
    I was just running some practice laps at Holjes before I do the daily. So far my best lap is 38.5xx with some gearing changes. I seen the 35.xxx lap times on the leaderboard and was like "Whaaa?".
  • NarzugonNarzugon Member Wheel Nut
    edited July 2017

I was able to drop my best lap time after more laps. I recorded a 37.9xx during a Freeplay championship at Holjes with the stock Focus tuning. My best lap time during the Daily was a 38.6xx I believe. Meh..  My thing is I know I'm mediocre and I don't mind being 100th or 1000th in the world. I just want to learn how to be faster. But I don't want to be chasing bogus times.

At any rate, here are some stats.

Xbox Leaderboards for Holjes overall best lap time.

P1 is at 35.439

Mixed Leaderboards for Holjes overall best lap time.

P1 is at 35.009

Xbox Leaderboards for Holjes for Daily.

P1 is at 2:35.905

Mixed Leaderboards for Holjes for Daily.

P1 is at 2:00.045

P2 is at 2:32.563

Is a 35 second lap time legit? I don't know. But P1 of the daily is certainly suspicious. Bugged or cheated? As for everything else, at least the platforms are of similar times.

Post edited by Narzugon on