Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

The Dirt Daily Thread

Comments

• GregPit81GregPit81 Member New Car Smell
    edited July 2017
    Why we don't use personal setup with engineer B, is really bad
  • KevMKevM Member Champion
    Hate the standard Manta full-stop.            
  • DscruDscru Member New Car Smell
    Todays daily was the least fun I've had in D4 so far. 
    So close to quitting out during this Manta stage because of how dull it was to tame & drive this thing.

DR had default setups that were at least fun to drive, and every car felt unique. It had a lovely sweet spot between 'on the limit' and outta control. D4 is the complete opposite.
    Is this a different dev team?
  • caerphotocaerphoto Member Wheel Nut
    Main problem with the default Manta setup is the absurdly long gears, imo.
  • PorkhammerPorkhammer Member Champion
    caerphoto said:
    Gears can be adjusted to. Hypersensitive steering not so much.
    "forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza" -michaelangelo
  • caerphotocaerphoto Member Wheel Nut
    caerphoto said:
    Gears can be adjusted to. Hypersensitive steering not so much.
    True, although switching to my wheel's full 900º rotation and using soft-lock in game made that problem go away, at least for the manta. Haven't tried some of the other twitchy cars with this yet.
    Still, I get your point – this shouldn't even be a problem we have to work around.
    It's because they keep setting the camber angle to super positive, like for all cars. Minimizing steering effort, yeah well **** that. It makes so many cars completely undrivable.
  • LutzMLutzM Member Unleaded

Yes, besides the Stratos, I also have problems with the Alpine and Renault 5. Really hypersensitive steering. Annoying to drive with.

This is because you use 300deg of rotation...it's not a failure of the game.
    The Alpine on tarmac is fun to drive with 300deg but on other surfaces you need to have more rotation - as easy as that!

I'm tired of the complains that some cars are sensitive with steering and this is the games fault! No, it's not gentlemen!!!!
    Either you set your rotation much higher and enable softlock or you just don't drive those cars and complain afterwards!
    edited July 2017
    LutzM said:

Yes, besides the Stratos, I also have problems with the Alpine and Renault 5. Really hypersensitive steering. Annoying to drive with.

The Alpine on tarmac is fun to drive with 300deg but on other surfaces you need to have more rotation - as easy as that!

I'm tired of the complains that some cars are sensitive with steering and this is the games fault! No, it's not gentlemen!!!!
    Either you set your rotation much higher and enable softlock or you just don't drive those cars and complain afterwards!
    With that logic, all the other cars would suffer from it as well.

Funnily enough, all the other cars makes good use of my 300 degrees. How do you explain this magic?

No, mr "HURR DURR SOFTLOCK OR NOTHING HURR", this is very much a flaw of the game. Because it only happens in Dirt Rally and Dirt 4. It never happens in GT Legends, Raceroom Racing Experience, Assetto Corsa. Rally Trophy, Rally Masters. Dirt 1, 2, 3. GTR 1, 2. Race07... see where I'm getting at here?
  • LutzMLutzM Member Unleaded

No, mr "HURR DURR SOFTLOCK OR NOTHING HURR",
    Conversation ends for me at this point.
    LutzM said:

No, mr "HURR DURR SOFTLOCK OR NOTHING HURR",
    Conversation ends for me at this point.
    Good.
  • boganibogani Member Champion
    LutzM said:

Funnily enough, all the other cars makes good use of my 300 degrees. How do you explain this magic?

No, mr "HURR DURR SOFTLOCK OR NOTHING HURR", this is very much a flaw of the game. Because it only happens in Dirt Rally and Dirt 4. It never happens in GT Legends, Raceroom Racing Experience, Assetto Corsa. Rally Trophy, Rally Masters. Dirt 1, 2, 3. GTR 1, 2. Race07... see where I'm getting at here?
    Didn't Paul already shot down this as a bug with the answer that different cars uses different steering geometry?

"I had the biggest moose problem in my whole life I think"

"Was it on the side of the road?"

"Huh?"

"The moose"

"The mousse in the tire"

bogani said:
    LutzM said:

Didn't Paul already shot down this as a bug with the answer that different cars uses different steering geometry?
    No idea, can't think that far back - rage consumes me. ;)
  • Snaky115Snaky115 Member Co-Driver
    edited July 2017
    *Starts R5 Delta daily with Peugeot*
    "The engine was misfiring in service"

..... CODEMASTEEEEEEEEEEEERS!!!!

EDIT: Curses, not a win, i blame you RNG misfiring engine, even though its a daily challenge...
    Post edited by Snaky115 on
    FX-8350, 16GB, RX480 8GB Red Devil
    And a KEYBOARD! #KeyBro (Gamer mode until Sim improves)
    #Latvia
  • madwakmadwak Member Wheel Nut
    It's because they keep setting the camber angle to super positive, like for all cars. Minimizing steering effort, yeah well **** that. It makes so many cars completely undrivable.
    Talk about the pot calling the kettle, you're the one trying to minimize the steering effort by setting a 300 degree rotation. Why don't you grow a pair and play the game like it's meant to be played and stop chucking your toys out of the pram.
    edited July 2017
    madwak said:
    Talk about the pot calling the kettle, you're the one trying to minimize the steering effort by setting a 300 degree rotation. Why don't you grow a pair and play the game like it's meant to be played and stop chucking your toys out of the pram.
    Oh shoo. It's meant to be played however the user feels like. Otherwise there wouldn't be any options to do otherwise. It's a game, not reality.

Snaky up there plays from chasecam. You'd best moan at him as well. You know you want to.
  • Snaky115Snaky115 Member Co-Driver
    I am on gamer handling, i am innocent! D: Shoo yourself!
    FX-8350, 16GB, RX480 8GB Red Devil
    And a KEYBOARD! #KeyBro (Gamer mode until Sim improves)
    #Latvia
    edited July 2017
    Snaky115 said:
    I am on gamer handling, i am innocent! D: Shoo yourself!
    I'm not shooing you, I'm shooing the evil man!
  • DytutDytut Member Team Principal
     Porkhammer said:
    madwak said:
    Oh shoo. It's meant to be played however the user feels like. Otherwise there wouldn't be any options to do otherwise. It's a game, not reality.

Snaky up there plays from chasecam. You'd best moan at him as well. You know you want to.

Well to be quite honest I find many of the cars you think have hypersteering to have the best steering at 900 degrees, so if they'd be to your liking I couldn't play the way I feel like :-P
    Arete or 43. M. Andersson on steam/leaderboards.

Dytut said:
     Porkhammer said:
    madwak said:

Well to be quite honest I find many of the cars you think have hypersteering to have the best steering at 900 degrees, so if they'd be to your liking I couldn't play the way I feel like :-P
    So you must really hate the majority of the cars with normal steering?