Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Microsoft hands out refunds for Dirt 4 on base of false advertising.

Comments

• FerranisFerranis Member Unleaded
    Plus the devs are aware of the problems. Do you think you get your results faster by being loud? Thats what badly raised little kids do.
  • fabzviifabzvii Member New Car Smell
    Fizzlenog said:
    tilithom said:
    I find Rally better on physics and it's not even fair to compare stages. You can go trough same excact corner 3 times on stage in 4 and as track builder is not bad it were nearly not enough for me. Would be other story if they still had made career tracks on way they used to, now they lack sould and personality.

Is there any rally drivers word about handling? I have negative one about 4 from one but not someone anyone would have heard of I think.
    Yes one rally driver that played dirt rally a lot says there is an issue with the dirt 4 handling particularly too much grip and that some cars feel weird.
    Source?
  • tilithomtilithom Member New Car Smell
    Ferranis said:
    Plus the devs are aware of the problems. Do you think you get your results faster by being loud? Thats what badly raised little kids do.
    I have heard that but have not heard that they are going to fix it. "Looking into it" is closest to that but please correct me if I have missed something.
  • sqdstrsqdstr Member Race Steward
    tilithom said:
    Ferranis said:
    I have heard that but have not heard that they are going to fix it. "Looking into it" is closest to that but please correct me if I have missed something.
    And why do u think that's not the same? I personally wouldn't even look into something if I wouldn't want to fix it...
    tilithom said:
    Ferranis said:
    What more do you need? The time sheets of their employees? Enjoy it for what it is now - or don't. There are plenty of awesome games out there.
  • tilithomtilithom Member New Car Smell
    Word that they are going to do something to it. not just look into it as that can mean nothing. I refunded it and are enjoying Dirt Rally more than ever, 4 was not for me but good that it's for some others.
  • LightningFast90LightningFast90 Member Wheel Nut
    edited August 2017
    The funniest thing in the racing game world are people who complain about 'realism' in racing games without having ever driven anything even remotely similar to the cars depicted on the tracks or surfaces concerned,. The developers never promised anything more than a 'simulation' of driving a rally car, it is a small yet important distinction. Terms and words are so often misused or misunderstood on the internet! Imo Codemasters should be querying Microsoft for providing refunds on such extremely flimsy complaints...
    Gratia infinitum sub metum, victroriam ad celeritas et potentia per aspera.

Crisp Whites 
    Fossils
    Fast Cars

Dislikes:
    Undergrads
    Soft Cheese
    Flies, Spiders and Snakes
    Double Negatives

• FizzlenogFizzlenog Member New Car Smell
    fabzvii said:
    Fizzlenog said:
    tilithom said:
    I find Rally better on physics and it's not even fair to compare stages. You can go trough same excact corner 3 times on stage in 4 and as track builder is not bad it were nearly not enough for me. Would be other story if they still had made career tracks on way they used to, now they lack sould and personality.

Is there any rally drivers word about handling? I have negative one about 4 from one but not someone anyone would have heard of I think.
    Yes one rally driver that played dirt rally a lot says there is an issue with the dirt 4 handling particularly too much grip and that some cars feel weird.
    Source?
    I'll find it later but he has a popular video on dirt rally and you can tell it's him because he uses white racing gloves. Another video of a different rally driver playing rally in a triple screen setup saying how impressed with the physics on the game but did say rwd was a little off. Comments section on the videos have the opinions in there. You can probably just search rally driver/professional playing dirt 4 since they will all have a similar opinion that it feels bad/weird
    The funniest thing in the racing game world are people who complain about 'realism' in racing games without having ever driven anything even remotely similar to the cars depicted on the tracks or surfaces concerned,. The developers never promised anything more than a 'simulation' of driving a rally car, it is a small yet important distinction. Terms and words are so often misused or misunderstood on the internet! Imo Codemasters should be querying Microsoft for providing refunds on such extremely flimsy complaints...
    Lol what? The rally part of the game is broken if we are going by anything they said like dirt 4 being dirt rally but improved physics. The rallycross is spot on but rally is clearly not finished and shouldn't have been released yet. I have all kind of experience in the dirt, mud, sand, and gravel also 2 wheels and 4. Nothing I have driven came close to feeling like it has brutal traction control on
  • fabzviifabzvii Member New Car Smell
    Fizzlenog said:
    fabzvii said:
    Fizzlenog said:
    tilithom said:

Source?
    I'll find it later but he has a popular video on dirt rally and you can tell it's him because he uses white racing gloves. Another video of a different rally driver playing rally in a triple screen setup saying how impressed with the physics on the game but did say rwd was a little off. Comments section on the videos have the opinions in there. You can probably just search rally driver/professional playing dirt 4 since they will all have a similar opinion that it feels bad/weird
    You probably mean Jonn_Rally ?
  • KevMKevM Member Champion
    Ferranis said:
    Man KevM... can't you just leave it be? Just don't play D4 and be done with it. The constant complaining gets annoying.
    Your advice...  just don't play it?

I dont.

What I did do though, was pay for it.  To play it.  Which I don't do.

Kinda why this thread makes sense....
  • JZStudiosJZStudios Member Champion
    KevM said:
    Ferranis said:
    Man KevM... can't you just leave it be? Just don't play D4 and be done with it. The constant complaining gets annoying.

I dont.

Huh, it's almost like when the game released and the **** that ensued when I said to just return the game was me being correct.
    I just don't understand why people refuse to return things they don't like. It just sucks on PC because the refund policy sucks.
  • SlowishSlowish Member Wheel Nut
    JZStudios said:
    KevM said:
    Ferranis said:

I dont.

Huh, it's almost like when the game released and the **** that ensued when I said to just return the game was me being correct.
    I just don't understand why people refuse to return things they don't like. It just sucks on PC because the refund policy sucks.
    Well, that's true enough; the refund policy is a joke when it comes to setting up hardware while the clock is ticking. Setting up my controllers used up almost all the 2 hours due to the handbrake menu scrolling bug; add to that, default setups that require lot's of tuning just attempting to correct obvious handling issues only to get a rough idea of the results - good luck.

PC Mobo MSi Z270 Pro / CPU Intel i7-7700k @4.2 ghz / RAM G.Skills RipJaws 32GB DDR4 / OS Windows 10 / GPU Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC2 / Audio SoundBlaster ZX / Tactile OB Realtek (Extensions) / SB Audigy (Chassis) / Control AccuForce / OSW Mige (10k) SimuCube / CSS SQ / CST F1 Pedals / Displays 27" triples / Oculus CV-1

fabzvii said:
    Fizzlenog said:
    fabzvii said:
    Fizzlenog said:
    tilithom said:

Source?
    You probably mean Jonn_Rally ?
    Yes him
  • JZStudiosJZStudios Member Champion
    Slowish said:
    JZStudios said:
    KevM said:
    Ferranis said:

I dont.

Well, that's true enough; the refund policy is a joke when it comes to setting up hardware while the clock is ticking. Setting up my controllers used up almost all the 2 hours due to the handbrake menu scrolling bug; add to that, default setups that require lot's of tuning just attempting to correct obvious handling issues only to get a rough idea of the results - good luck.
    Yet people defend it and get mad when I say I want my money back.
    I'm still falling back on "I can buy any pair of Puma's, expensive, cheap, on sale, doesn't matter, wear them for a month, send them back and get my money refunded."
    A 2 hour refund policy is a joke. People attack me saying I should know EVERY facet of a game before I buy it. Gee, doesn't that make the experience fun?
    The thing I don't understand is this: You bought it and it was not for you, ok - and sometimes a refund is not possible, which sucks. But why use more time on it on the forums? If I buy a game and it sucks I deinstall the game and move to something different. Complaining on the forums is about the last thing that comes to mind. It will change nothing and consume times and nerves for nothing.
    edited August 2017
    The guys listen to the opinions on the forum, hence early access DiRT Rally

In my opinion, they found the X Factor with V2 handling & DR was hugely successful as it was a real leap forward in Rally simulation.

When planning D4, the team faced the red pill blue pill decision.  

DR is too hard & too niche?  Tone it down & capture a wider customer base?
    or
    DR is challenging & rewarding?  People bought into the authenticity, make it even more authentic & take Dirt to the next level?

I think they took a chance on commercial viability & missed the mark with what made DiRT Rally appealing

So, to answer your question.  I guess I just live in hope that we get D4v2 handling and I can enjoy the effort the team have put into making D4.  IMO, D4 with DR handling, would be awesome.  The UI, the visual tweaks, the soundtrack, the track generator are all fantastic, but wasted on me due to the mad handling.  I can't accept the Rally mess.  Not in the same game as the awesome rallycross physics.... that proves the team CAN do it.  I just can't get my head round why they HAVENT??
    Post edited by KevM on
  • LightningFast90LightningFast90 Member Wheel Nut
    Fizzlenog said:
    Lol what? The rally part of the game is broken if we are going by anything they said like dirt 4 being dirt rally but improved physics. The rallycross is spot on but rally is clearly not finished and shouldn't have been released yet. I have all kind of experience in the dirt, mud, sand, and gravel also 2 wheels and 4. Nothing I have driven came close to feeling like it has brutal traction control on
    So? Did I at any point in my post suggest that they had it right? Don't think so. My point was that Codemasters have produced a simulation of rallying, whether a consumer feels that it is realistic or not, is no basis for a refund as it is a subjective viewpoint only. Fyi speaking of personal experience in order to justify a viewpoint over that of another is a slippery slope my friend as you don't always know the experience levels of the other. :)
    Gratia infinitum sub metum, victroriam ad celeritas et potentia per aspera.

Crisp Whites 
    Fossils
    Fast Cars

Dislikes:
    Undergrads
    Soft Cheese
    Flies, Spiders and Snakes
    Double Negatives

LightningFast90
    Codemasters have produced a simulation of rallying, whether a consumer feels that it is realistic or not, is no basis for a refund as it is a subjective viewpoint only. 
    Simulation & Subjective...  they don't really go together in the same sentence 

Either it's a simulation or it's an interpretation.  If it's an interpretation, they can't call it simulation, as that's false.  
    Clearly, we don't need to be Kris Meeke to realise that a car can't actually do what it does in-game.  (Not even the broken C3 WRC). :)