Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

F1 2017 Voice Communication in Multiplayer doesnt work

Hello, i searched through some forums already but noone seemed to  have the problem i have..
My problem is about the Online Voice communication between the players. i can see that they talk, for example in the lobby i see their icon blink if they talk and ingame i see the name who talks, but i cant hear them at all. the ingame sound is fine, i can hear the cars, i can hear everything just fine (idk if something maybe sounds a bit different since its a new game but the game gives sound to my headset) 
The other players can hear me, i tested that with friends in the lobby, they told me via steam that they hear me. 
I checked my options few times, my push to talk is ON and i tried changing the audio from automatic "standart" to my headset only. I use a headset but an extra mic, idk if that has anything to do with it just an extra info..
I tried to repair the installation but, nothing was found and after starting it it didnt fix it. 
Idk what i can do to fix it.. 

Comments

• MatteoM94MatteoM94 Member New Car Smell

I also follow the post because I have the same problem
  • PilonPilon Member New Car Smell
    Got the same Problem, Are you using Windows 10 too? Maybe there must be anything checked on, we have to wait for codies for give us a possible solution. 
    Ingamename is Pallam 
  • MatteoM94MatteoM94 Member New Car Smell
    Yes I use win10..I play using my own logitech g430, all sounds work except the vocal chat on multiplayer...i tried to use lg 5.1 speakers but I did the same..i have fx8350 4ghz / gtx1080ti fe..mobo gigabyte.
  • MrbenjaminMrbenjamin Member New Car Smell
    yep same issue for me Win 10 with a Gtx 970
  • PilonPilon Member New Car Smell
    Well if i have the time i will try to Check some things with win10 things i Turned off. I think that this is something spezial on win10
    Ingamename is Pallam 
  • steviejay69steviejay69 Member Race Steward
    edited August 2017
    Our league use Discord for in-game comms. It's free. You can set Voice Activity or PTT channels.

You should adjust the Control Panel|Sounds|Communications "When Windows detects communications activity to 'Do nothing'" if you dislike the auto mixer levels and then set them yourself.

We then mute the in-game lobby audio and set PTT to On (map it to something you don't really use). You can still give Jeff voice commands.
    AOR Season 16 Sign-Ups are now CLOSED!
    You'll find me at apexonlineracing.com

• SkyKartoffelSkyKartoffel Member New Car Smell
    I have the same problem. Win 10, gtx 1070, logitech G930 headset.
    Has anybody found a solution for this? 
  • serugiran1992serugiran1992 Member New Car Smell
    Same problem with Logitech G930, Ryzen 5 1600, RX580, Win10 1703. Another user posted that we should plug te headset into the output from the sound card instead of using the usb.
  • aladinfraladinfr Member New Car Smell
    Our league use Discord for in-game comms. It's free. You can set Voice Activity or PTT channels.

You should adjust the Control Panel|Sounds|Communications "When Windows detects communications activity to 'Do nothing'" if you dislike the auto mixer levels and then set them yourself.

We then mute the in-game lobby audio and set PTT to On (map it to something you don't really use). You can still give Jeff voice commands.
    As I posted in another thread, voice control randomly broke. Restoring from backup fixed it.

Hello,
    Which backup?
    thank you

de quel sauvegarde??
    Merci
    aladinfr said:
    Hello,
    Which backup?
    thank you

de quel sauvegarde??
    Merci

I made a Steam backup of the game and saved to 2nd HDD.

• HooHoo Member, Codemasters admin
    I've passed this to our test team to see if they can work out what is happening. If you find any other workarounds in the meantime then please let us know.
  • Far1anFar1an Member Unleaded
    Hoo said:
    I've passed this to our test team to see if they can work out what is happening. If you find any other workarounds in the meantime then please let us know.
    Dear @Hoo

the problem seems appearing on pc as following:

If aplayer uses a usb device - output sign as "standard communicationdevice" ... no voices of the ingame Push to talk hearable.
    If u change it to digital output or chinch output...no problems appearing.

Hope you can follow this description,

Greetings.
    Thanks for the reply @Far1an. I'd be keen to know if this helps anyone else who is experiencing this issue!
    Far1an said:
    Hoo said:
    Dear @Hoo

the problem seems appearing on pc as following:

If aplayer uses a usb device - output sign as "standard communicationdevice" ... no voices of the ingame Push to talk hearable.
    If u change it to digital output or chinch output...no problems appearing.

Hope you can follow this description,

Greetings.
    USB devices are separate sound controllers. The game always picks up the new sound controller if the game is set to 'default sound device' (which it is by default). Windows 10 almost always sets a new sound controller as the default. This seems then to upset the game until you toggle the game back to the specific device you want to use. This is also what @Far1an is saying.

This I think is also part of the issue with Bluetooth headsets as they appear as a new sound device as well.

@Hoo ;

meme avec le péréphérique par défaut, j'ai aucune voix joueur.

even with the default device, I have no player voice.

aladinfr said:
    meme avec le péréphérique par défaut, j'ai aucune voix joueur.

even with the default device, I have no player voice.

Default device doesn’t work well if there are two or more devices. Select a specific device.

deja fait, mais rien. je crois que je suis pas le seule dans se cas.
    already done, but nothing. I think I'm not alone in this case.

I'll see if I can find the hardware that you are using and pass this over to our test team.