Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Why are people making such a big deal by the smallest of bugs

I understand F1 2017 is not perfect but some people are to critical of what is one of the best games in the codemasters F1 series. I have over 7 hours of gameplay and the only bug i have encountered which i think for a game which released days ago is not bad at all. The fact people on this forum are threatning to boycott the game is insulting to the people that made the game. I know the online is messed up but codemasters are actively trying to find ways to address this and other bugs you may encounter
Tagged:

Comments

• ptank20ptank20 Member, Drivers Wheel Nut
    Because the bugs are not small. The wear bug in career and the DSQ bug in multiplayer are massive bugs which ruin the experience.
    what's the wear bug?
  • Liverpoolrule19Liverpoolrule19 Member Unleaded
    Because the bugs are not small. The wear bug in career and the DSQ bug in multiplayer are massive bugs which ruin the experience.
    But they are trying to fix them at as soon as possible
  • DenjelRicDenjelRic Member New Car Smell
    I personally don't really bother small bugs. So far i've encountered 1 SC glitch, but i can understand when people encounter an assload of small bugs get irritated
  • TwayTway Member Wheel Nut
    It very much depends on what exactly your're playing, and how you're playing it. I think people can get a bit too emotional over it, but I know it's easy talking when everything is working well for you. The only thing that I've run into that has detracted from my experience has been the issue that AI are much faster in practice and qualifying than in race, so that now that I can finally fine tune the difficulty, it's still always going to be wrong in some sessions. That's a thing that I can live with, but especially the multiplayer issues I see people reporting, those seem to make the game virtually unplayable for many people. I don't think it's so strange that they come here to complain about it.

Having said that, any bug that was not in the beta (or even the pre-day one patch build) but is present now, is the unfortunate result of something breaking in the attempt to fix something else. It's very unfortunate, but such things do happen, and I'm sure that the developers are feeling horrible about it also. All there is to do is wait and hope they sort things out quickly.

It does amuse me slightly how people had been saying things like "don't worry, that will be fixed in the day one patch", when now it seems to have caused more problems than it solved.
  • AJC2424AJC2424 Member New Car Smell
    It does depend on the way you play 100%. I'm on PC and so have only been in Career Mode. Haven't had any problems, personally. But I do intend on getting the PS4 version, too, to play online multiplayer with a friend of mine. If the online multiplayer is as unreliable as people are saying - I'm just waiting to hit inevitable problems with that.
  • CompLex1986CompLex1986 Member Wheel Nut
    ptank20 said:
    what's the wear bug?
    If you do 25% races in career, then the parts wear much faster than with 100% races.
  • glazen1981glazen1981 Member New Car Smell

Better ask why codemaster lets us pay for a game what is not done and is full of bugs

I cant play career mode because of bugs since my clutch does not work :( 55eur and now i have to wait until the bug is fixed or what ? :O

• CompLex1986CompLex1986 Member Wheel Nut
    But they are trying to fix them at as soon as possible
    That doesn't make them small. That makes them only easily fixable if they are going to fix them soon.
  • ptank20ptank20 Member, Drivers Wheel Nut
    ptank20 said:
    what's the wear bug?
    If you do 25% races in career, then the parts wear much faster than with 100% races.
    Ah I see well that's a game breaker 
  • gimmick73gimmick73 Member New Car Smell
    edited August 2017
    While I'm disappointed with PS4 Pro tearing.... and I'm disappointed about the QC employed before release... Microsoft and other companies make a business out of releasing software for a deadline rather than quality.

Now the game is out we need to HELP codemasters identify bugs so they can fix them asap.

PS. I'm happy to beta test for PS4 Pro... PM me.
  • Ujhelyi91Ujhelyi91 Member Wheel Nut
    The problem is small bugs that have been around since 2016 haven't been addressed (maybe they were pre release, apparently the game was much better than it is now after the patch). 
    It's situations like this where the departments that do great work are being overlooked because it's almost like the other departments just really do not care ... or maybe they aren't competent enough.
  • FurbiiFurbii Member New Car Smell
    The thing is this is unacceptable. 8 years and they still have the same issues over and over and over again every year, and many times worse than last years game.

Multiplayer is broken. Inflated stats, DSQs, ghost cars not really ghost, when you set collisions on the next race is with ghost cars.. and a big list.
    AI making some dumb decisions like going for supersoft or any other compound 3 laps before raining..
    Online for example if someone crashes you from behind or something like that, you get a penalty. I was in SPA, there was someone trolling in the straight and i just barely almost hit him and i got the "illegal overtake" penalty.. and that kind of stuff.

Engineer saying "what did you say? repeat" over and over when my mic is off is another one that wasn't fixed with the day 1 patch.

What did they fix in the day 1 patch? what was the state of the game when they finished development and before "working" on the day 1 patch?
  • MrStef85MrStef85 Member New Car Smell
    I understand F1 2017 is not perfect but some people are to critical of what is one oof the best games in the codemasters F1 series. I have over 7 hours of gameplay and the only bug i have encountered which i think for a game which released days ago is not bad at all. The fact people on this forum are threatning to boycott the game is insulting to the people that made the game. I know the online is messed up but codemasters are actively trying to find ways to address this and other bugs you may encounter
    I paid 70 euro's for this, so i do expect that i get a great quality product for that amount of money. For example, the screen tearing on the pro is big.

They had a bèta too get feedback, and too solve issues for the final version. Now the final version is out, i don't get it that CM didn't see some glitches and bugs. Did they even tested it before the release?