Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Can We All Just Calm Down For a Minute?

2»

Comments

  • auroborosauroboros Member Wheel Nut
    To the OP, a voice of reason. Great post.
  • DemonrDemonr Member Unleaded
    The difficulty for many is, over the course of the last few years the same or similar bugs are there at game release and do not get fixed, eventually the frustration takes hold that its the same story, i was a codies supporter, defended them to the hill until 2016 came out,within the first hour i was frustrated and disappointed that a game aimed more to league racing had practically no useable features to make league racing great, my example, safety car didnt work, bugged tyres, wrong yellow flags, wrong blue flags, game crashes, and having to leave the lobby and rejoin at the end of qualifying to be able to see the start of the race from a broadcast view which on many occasions you couldnt get back in.

    Some might see this as a rant but it isnt, i havent bought the game this year, i have kept an eye on the forums and the chats from the league i was an admin in for 5 years and i am seeing the same problems with multiplayer being mentioned that have been there for years, safety car doesnt work, wrong yellow flags, wrong blue flags and so on, not sure about tyres yet but there are many other issues that make multiplayer very difficult to run leagues on.

    Now yes i am sure codies are doing there best to fix these problems and yes it is better if people place informative bug reports, as someone who has chosen to not buy the game but has had the chance to play the game quite a lot i have not been tempted to go and buy it. The best part so far has been the classic cars but it shouldnt be.

    To those who say, "why buy it so early" well for the limited edition with sennas car of course, because we are F1 nuts and we want to race the newest F1 games.

    The part though that really gets me but i want to be proved wrong more than you can imagine is this, there are many people who like yourself have said "look there on it, there fixing the bugs," i have also been that guy by the way for the past few years, and you sit in belief that they will fix it, and all will be well, but the last few years this has not been the case, having ran a league for many years on codies F1 games there have been too many "have we really got to work a way around this issue that shouldnt be there" it became a frustrating disappointment over the years that resulted in me not buying the game.

    I want codies to succeed, i want the F1 game to be great, i understand there will be bugs, they have to be fixed, if codies can do that then i will applaud them, i might even buy the game. However if the same happens with 2017 that happened with 2016 that there were still way too many bugs that did not get a fix or could not be fixed then my support will be crushed.

    To finish, i cant say that i disagree with your post or that i am arguing against your post, just giving my opinion on why some may appear so frustrated.
  • Razer12hopRazer12hop Member Pit Crew
    Demonr said:
    The difficulty for many is, over the course of the last few years the same or similar bugs are there at game release and do not get fixed, eventually the frustration takes hold that its the same story, i was a codies supporter, defended them to the hill until 2016 came out,within the first hour i was frustrated and disappointed that a game aimed more to league racing had practically no useable features to make league racing great, my example, safety car didnt work, bugged tyres, wrong yellow flags, wrong blue flags, game crashes, and having to leave the lobby and rejoin at the end of qualifying to be able to see the start of the race from a broadcast view which on many occasions you couldnt get back in.

    Some might see this as a rant but it isnt, i havent bought the game this year, i have kept an eye on the forums and the chats from the league i was an admin in for 5 years and i am seeing the same problems with multiplayer being mentioned that have been there for years, safety car doesnt work, wrong yellow flags, wrong blue flags and so on, not sure about tyres yet but there are many other issues that make multiplayer very difficult to run leagues on.

    Now yes i am sure codies are doing there best to fix these problems and yes it is better if people place informative bug reports, as someone who has chosen to not buy the game but has had the chance to play the game quite a lot i have not been tempted to go and buy it. The best part so far has been the classic cars but it shouldnt be.

    To those who say, "why buy it so early" well for the limited edition with sennas car of course, because we are F1 nuts and we want to race the newest F1 games.

    The part though that really gets me but i want to be proved wrong more than you can imagine is this, there are many people who like yourself have said "look there on it, there fixing the bugs," i have also been that guy by the way for the past few years, and you sit in belief that they will fix it, and all will be well, but the last few years this has not been the case, having ran a league for many years on codies F1 games there have been too many "have we really got to work a way around this issue that shouldnt be there" it became a frustrating disappointment over the years that resulted in me not buying the game.

    I want codies to succeed, i want the F1 game to be great, i understand there will be bugs, they have to be fixed, if codies can do that then i will applaud them, i might even buy the game. However if the same happens with 2017 that happened with 2016 that there were still way too many bugs that did not get a fix or could not be fixed then my support will be crushed.

    To finish, i cant say that i disagree with your post or that i am arguing against your post, just giving my opinion on why some may appear so frustrated.

    This is exactly my experience.
  • barca9barca9 Member Unleaded
    edited September 2017
    "The bugs. Yes, there are a lot of game-breaking bugs"

    Could you name 1 then? Just one bug in this game that prevents you playing it because the game is rendered "broken"...
    1. http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/56961/back-markers-dont-move#latest
    Was following Hamilton in a Ferrari for a whole race, gap 4 sec give or take. Then he just loses all the advantage over me in one sector because of Sauber lapped car. What's the reason to continue the race? Happens to me all the time. Inb4 you say you've never seen this good for you.

    2. http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/57019/ai-strategy#latest

    3. All of the multiplayer

    4. http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/57001/starting-grid-bug#latest

    5. http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/56976/qual-ai-calculated-lap-times#latest
    http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/56314/qualifying-with-ai-is-broken

    6. http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/57031/setup-changes-automatically#latest
    Post edited by barca9 on
  • Rinehart27Rinehart27 Member Unleaded
    barca9 said:
    "The bugs. Yes, there are a lot of game-breaking bugs"

    Could you name 1 then? Just one bug in this game that prevents you playing it because the game is rendered "broken"...
    1. http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/56961/back-markers-dont-move#latest
    Was following Hamilton in a Ferrari for a whole race, gap 4 sec give or take. Then he just loses all the advantage over me in one sector because of Sauber lapped car. What's the reason to continue the race? Happens to me all the time. Inb4 you say you've never seen this good for you.

    2. http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/57019/ai-strategy#latest

    3. All of the multiplayer

    4. http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/57001/starting-grid-bug#latest

    5. http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/56976/qual-ai-calculated-lap-times#latest
    http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/56314/qualifying-with-ai-is-broken

    6. http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/57031/setup-changes-automatically#latest
    Just to take example no 1, if indeed this actually happened as you say... (because your story is that the Sauber was 4 sec slower in 1 sector alone so that would be roughly 12 seconds a lap slower which frankly doesn't sound plausible) and there were no extenuating circumstances such as Hamilton clipping the Sauber and damaging his front wing that your not telling us about... you're implying this was a one off event so couldn't you (a) flashback or (b) back off for a couple of seconds to negate the advantage or (c) accept that this kind of thing does happen from time to time. If it only happens once, the game isn't broken, it's a glitch. That's always going to occur in the virtual world. 
  • FRACTUREDFRACTURED Member, Drivers Champion
    ...serves no purpose and contributes nothing to the patching/improvement process. 
    QA Dept...

    I jest.
    You remember when you first came to my office? I asked you, "Do you want to be an eagle, or do you want to be a **** bird?" And you said "I want to be an eagle".
    You got to be what you say you're going to be, which you aren't.
    You got to do what you say you're going to do, which you haven't.
  • RodrigoMendesRodrigoMendes Member Wheel Nut
    I think people need to understand that they're part of the problem by buying the game this early. Waiting for the bugs to get fixed would help everyone being happy :smile:  
    If u ask me, I think we consumers are getting used to something that we should not.

    If you buy a smartphone from day one, you should expect that will worked 100% fine in this day. Because before the launch, the company have to make all the tests to guaratee that. Same for cars, refrigerators, anything, etc.

    You're not buying a thing that will be developed by the time. You're buying at full price a ready product.

    Despite that, of course products can be defective. But gamer industry is getting to far with this. And this game is a proof of it. There's too much bugs and glitches. I'm not talking about new game modes or something. I'm talking only about the game issues.

    With that in mind, we are just assuming that software should have issues. And it's not true. They shouldnt at launch.

  • DarkMarkXDDarkMarkXD Member Wheel Nut
    I don't really understand this post, these forums were created to give us a voice - we are merely using them.

    The Technical Assistance section was created to allow us to share game issues with Codemasters so that they can fix them for us, if we don't do this then the issues won't get resolved. If we don't show any emotions in our posts, Codemasters aren't going to appreciate how frustrated we are all getting. In my opinion, from previous experience, the more information they receive the better (especially when trying to recreate and fix an issue).

    I don't think anyone was expecting this game to be bug free, but from 25th August 2017 (the official release date) all major bugs ideally would be patched so that we have a product which is ready, especially as the price is over £40 per unit.

    Unfortunately I think the best way to progress is to carry on as we are, that way the people with the most frustrations will be actually helping Codemasters by providing information for them to fix the issues.
    PSN - DarkMark_XD | Still not an F1 game BETA tester after 2 attempts | Founder of the PS4 XD Gaming Leagues
  • TSuperRacer22TSuperRacer22 Member New Car Smell
    edited September 2017
    The reason why they maybe rushed out the fixes was becaus they now hold the official 'FIA F1 E-sports Championship' starting yesterday, they couldnt have it being too bugged, the FIA would pull the plug and probably give the licence to someone else
  • Leader2011Leader2011 Member Wheel Nut
    The reason why they maybe rushed out the fixes was becaus they now hold the official 'FIA F1 E-sports Championship' starting yesterday, they couldnt have it being too bugged, the FIA would pull the plug and probably give the licence to someone else
    They do the same year on year, they release an untested game and then release untested patches to fix the game but end up breaking it even more.
  • TSuperRacer22TSuperRacer22 Member New Car Smell

    The reason why they maybe rushed out the fixes was becaus they now hold the official 'FIA F1 E-sports Championship' starting yesterday, they couldnt have it being too bugged, the FIA would pull the plug and probably give the licence to someone else
    They do the same year on year, they release an untested game and then release untested patches to fix the game but end up breaking it even more.

    Maybe the FIA will be interested?   They have a contact address I would assume

  • sjsharp2010sjsharp2010 Member Champion
    Operator1 said:
    *sigh* ...Oh good heavens. More complaining about complainers??

    Please stop acting like customers are the problem when the functional quality of the game is the problem.

    Why can't people just report the game problems they're experiencing without being constantly told to stop talking about the game's problems? How will issues get acknowledged & fixed if nobody talks about them?

    Everybody wins when game bugs are reported & resolved - you win, I win, he wins, she wins, you over there win, you sitting in the back win too - we all get a better game.

    If you enjoy the game, nobody is telling you to stop enjoying it. What do you feel you have to gain by trying to stop people from openly & freely discussing game problems here?

    I do agree with you in part however if they go in and change something about the game that someone is enjoying as it is are they really winning? So in some cases one person's winning might be another persons losing so they need to be careful about that. So if they feel that something they like is about to be changed and fear those changes might not suit them then they need to speak up as well.


    I think the problem here is just trying to sort things in an orderly manner and letting CM get on with fixing the problems that between us we feel need fixing.

    In war victory, In peace vigilance, In death sacrifice -grey warden motto

  • Been playing the game since launch. Can't for the life of me find any bugs to complain about.

    Thoroughly enjoying the game. It's definitely challenging, yet rewarding at the same time.
  • Operator1Operator1 Member, Drivers Champion
    edited September 2017

    sjsharp2010 said:
    I do agree with you in part however if they go in and change something about the game that someone is enjoying as it is are they really winning? So in some cases one person's winning might be another persons losing so they need to be careful about that. So if they feel that something they like is about to be changed and fear those changes might not suit them then they need to speak up as well...

    "One person's winning might be another persons losing?" Who wins with broken games? I haven't noticed anyone speaking up to say "please keep all of the unjustified multiplayer disqualifications" or "please don't change these calculated AI qualifying times" or "please don't fix the graphics or audio problems" or "please don't correct the incorrect multiplayer stats" or "please leave all of the random game freezes/crashed in the game," etc.

    We're talking about fixing bugs, not changing features. Nobody likes issues that render the game dysfunctional. Nobody likes having their races ruined by glitches. Nobody's "winning" with a broken game - and even if they were, that doesn't mean errors/exploits should be left in the game just to preserve the "fun" for the people who might find ways to take advantage of those problems.

    Besides, if there are people who want to speak up in favor of certain features, I'm all for that - they have a voice too. My point is that nobody should be trying to silence people who report game issues because we all get a better quality game as a result when issues are acknowledged & resolved.


    *Disclaimer: my comments are only my own musings, not 
    'stating opinions as facts' or 'speaking for others.'
    #NeverPreOrder. It's preposterous that consumers have to BEG game companies to simply make games that reliably function properly. Consumers do NOT buy video games to waste their recreational time doing the unpaid work of a paid professional tester. It's nonsense to imply game companies have no obligation to deliver games that reliably function properly at launch just because "it's not easy & nothing is perfect & you can't please everybody." A game's "success" is measured by how much it sells, not by how much it's played & enjoyed. They listen to money more than requests & complaints. They'll continue selling whatever we continue buying. What we put up with, we end up with. #VoteWithYourWallet

  • SobritosSobritos Member New Car Smell
    "The bugs. Yes, there are a lot of game-breaking bugs"

    Could you name 1 then? Just one bug in this game that prevents you playing it because the game is rendered "broken"..


    Yep... failing too far back behind the SC BS. Right there you have a game breaking bug. Right there you have a bug that completely destroys HOURS of practice and your race. 
  • SobritosSobritos Member New Car Smell
    edited September 2017
    Codies apologists are the one tha need to calm down.
    Just think for a moment that this "product" is something else... lets say... uhm.. a raw blowfish pizza:

    Scene: Raw blowfish pizza parlor.
    Customer- i would like a raw blowfish pizza please.
    Clerk- that would be €40.
    Cu- uhm one question, the blowfish was properly prepared right? I mean, it could be very dangerous if not.
    Cl- why? Uhm yeah as you can see in the pictures this is a very good pizza. Very tasty, youll love it.
    Cu- youre not answering, is the fish properly prepared? Somebody tasted it and nobody died? Will i be alive after finishing eating it?
    Cl- totally.
    Cu- totally what? Ill be totally dead or ill be totally fine?
    Cl- yes!
    Cu- ok... listen i need to be sure because ive just payed a lot of money for this and i dont want to be dead. My nephews birthday is tomorrow and i said i was going. I cannot not go.
    Cl- ok, lets do this, dont eat it... for now. Ill ask the cooks if everything is all right and get back to you with an answer.
    Cu- how long will i take?
    Cl- uhmm i dont know, a week? Maybe a month.
    Cu- WHAT?
    CL- Listen the cooks are... well, lets just say that they are easily scared and dont like too talk to much. So leave it to me.
    Cu- but i already payed for it, i cant wait im hungry!
    Cl- you can go across the street, they have pizza over there.
    Cu- not blowfish pizza. This is the only place in the world that sell this kind of pizza because the BFM (blow fish management) only gave the licence to you!!!
    Cl- ok, so you wait. And in the meantime you can eat this blowfish candies.
    Cu- does it have real blowfish?
    Cl- no, but our cutomers asked for those since three years ago. Be greatful that we include those with your pizza.
    Cu- this unaceptable, in fact im reading your yelp review and it say that people died! 
    Cl- wow nice iphone, is that the new one?
    Cu- yeah, i spent three days waiting in line outside bestbuy.
    Cl- awesome, is it any good?
    Cu- well yes is new right? I mean the battery lasts like 15 minutes and my wife got a brain tumor for calling her mom but i mean, its 2017 who make calls, You text damn it!
    But yeah apple said that fixes are coming so theres that.
    Cl- preorders right?
    Cu- yep...
    Cl- ...
    Cu- ...
    Cl- sooooo...
    Cu- soooo... one week right? ...for the cooks reponse?
    Cl- maybe a month though
    Cu- ok... so... ok thanks and thank you for the candies.
    Cl- no poblem sir just remember to be greatful because you asked for those.


    And scene!
  • auroborosauroboros Member Wheel Nut
    Some funny comments. Soon Charlie Whiting will be giving a 5 second stop and go to CM. LOL
    I agree that the game has issues that need addressing, but they are not thieves. The game works within my acceptance, infact it surpassed my expectations. I bloody love this game.
    To quote Leo Da Vinci... Art is never finished but merely abandoned. 
2»
Sign In or Register to comment.