Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Patch 1.6 - Discussion Thread

Comments

• RaalteRaalte Member Race Steward
    Funny how a lot of people asked for a stat reset. Now they got one and everybody losing their mind.

Still I find it weird that there is more than a week difference between pc and console patches. Last patch is was a few days later. Did CM submit it later to Sony and Microsoft than to Steam? Or are Sony and Microsoft the lazy ones? 
  • KampfquarkKampfquark Member Unleaded
    Other games release patches on a daily base. See DiscJam (Thursday, Satuday, Sunday). No way it's Sony.
  • Palych221056Palych221056 Member New Car Smell
    Please, fix the bug on tyres in the online game.

• rfvgtrfvgt Member New Car Smell
    TheGoaler said:
    rfvgt said:
    Yeah, 'cause, you know, Codemasters is doing this just to troll us. They get millions of new fans with those dozens of games they release every year. It's not like they need their loyal fanbase or anything. They are right up there with EA, Activision and Ubisoft in terms of budget, so they can afford losing hundreds or thousands of customers just to have a good laugh on our/your expense.

If they are laughing, then watch. I don't believe in the word Karma, but i do believe in what it means and stands for. Mighty companies have fallen. Look at SEGA for instance. We are still customers that pay part of their salaries. If they want to act cavalier about it and have that 'Who cares, we're rich' mentality, then mark my words, it's going to bite them in the ass. Sooner than later.
    Just to be clear: my post was 100% sarcasm :lol:
  • rfvgtrfvgt Member New Car Smell
    TheGoaler said:
    rfvgt said:
    Remember when playing games used to be about having fun? And not about what rank you are and how many trophies/achievements you have? Good times...
    Dude. I'll admit this. Trophies have ruined games for me, in a way. The only game i play year round is the NHL series. I got all trophies in '17 but still play it for love of the game. I'm American. I'm not that into F1. I love NASCAR way more, but i love racing games. 
    I got all trophies in F1 '16. I can tell you that the 'So you think you're fast' trophy was one of the most exhilarating experiences in my gaming life. 'Ultimate challenge' was one of the most nerve-wracking. I'd say going for those 2 trophies were true fun. Have your opinion about trophies, but don't put others that go for them down. Some are obsessed with them, but getting all trophies today is what 'beating a game' was yesterday. That's how i see it. I mean we have a playstationtrophies.org site that is an indicator that trophies are a big deal. 
    I'm with you man! I'm a casual trophy hunter myself. When I play games like the Uncharted series, I play it the first time on medium difficulty, the second time on the hardest. The third time playing it through is my trophy hunting run, where I get every trophy that I've (intentionally) missed before, like collecting treasures and so on. If a game is fun to me, I love trying to get as many trophies as I can. But it's not my main priority. And I'm not trying to diss the trophy hunters among us. BUT not getting a trophy (or getting it later than I should) would never be a reason for me to sell a game and claim to never buy a game from that company ever again. Some sound like the rank reset is the worst thing that has ever happened in the history of mankind. That's why I'm having a hard time taking them seriously. I get why they're mad, I'd be pissed off too. I just think they're overreacting. Like I said a couple of days ago, if they've spent the last three weeks playing this game, it's apparently a good game, right? So if they sell it over something like this, its their loss.
  • blackpower86blackpower86 Member New Car Smell
    when finish game life, this is as the update came to consoles, ****.
  • LeedsUnited21LeedsUnited21 Member Unleaded
    agree i dont care where i finish online. i just enjoy the fun of vs real people and pushing for that fastest lap lol
  • SpeedRoadadminSpeedRoadadmin Member New Car Smell
    Is there any news about the 1.06 patch for PS4? Thank you

• oscarolimoscarolim Member Unleaded
    Wohlrajh said:
    @jennyannem So when are the online stats going to be reset on PC ?? It's been some days and we still don't know if our races done since patch 1.06 deployment are for nothing.. It's a little frustrating to be honest, also we don't know if our rank is going to be reset ? Can you give us some visibility about this please ? Thanks :)
    Ranks will be reset, yes. We're going to be releasing another PC patch very soon (with full notes), and in that, your stats will be reset.
    I'm sorry, but whoever made that decision doesn't play with a full deck. The XP progression was not wrong, the achievement to get to level 50 is already quite time consuming, and now you want people to start again. Is this some sad joke?
  • MrGhostO1OMrGhostO1O Member Wheel Nut
    DSQ Bug is still present in the game as well as no collision and missing blue flag alerts/penalties.

Was doing a test race for a german league where one player left the game during the loading screen between quali and the race, one joined during the race. It was inters quali session and the race was a transition from wet to dry. Everyone was DSQ at the end without any reason/warning and explanation.

I've created a topic in the technical support thread but i will post it here because this absolutely needs attention for the esports to work well.

RAW FOOTAGE:
    Sorry for the low quality, YouTube does not process long videos well.

• speeddemon8021speeddemon8021 Member Petrol Head
    DSQ Bug is still present in the game as well as no collision and missing blue flag alerts/penalties.

Was doing a test race for a german league where one player left the game during the loading screen between quali and the race, one joined during the race. It was inters quali session and the race was a transition from wet to dry. Everyone was DSQ at the end without any reason/warning and explanation.

I've created a topic in the technical support thread but i will post it here because this absolutely needs attention for the esports to work well.

RAW FOOTAGE:
    Sorry for the low quality, YouTube does not process long videos well.

I'm pretty sure the DSQ's would of been for not using mandatory tyre despite using it,People leaving during quali seems to totally destabilise the game and you get the full array of bugs/glitches when that happens.
  • TailphelpsTailphelps Member New Car Smell
    edited September 11
    Please fix Blue Flags online!! Their are none!.. PS4
  • shpend28shpend28 Member New Car Smell
    I can't switch teams after season one, when I start the new season it starts with the old team. f1 2017 on ps4
  • larryllarryl Member Pit Crew
    shpend28 said:
    I can't switch teams after season one, when I start the new season it starts with the old team. f1 2017 on ps4
    you've got to be kidding us.......
    F1-2017 Beta Tester - League Driver - Thrustmaster T150 - PlaySeat Evolution White - PS4 - No Assists
  • Ho3n3rHo3n3r Member Pit Crew
    shpend28 said:
    If nobody else offered you a contract, that's normal.
    Ho3n3r said:
    shpend28 said:
    If nobody else offered you a contract, that's normal.
    I have three offers from Williams, Renault and Force India. I've tried all 3 and the new season still starts with Sauber.
  • aaroncampionaaroncampion Member Unleaded
    shpend28 said:
    U only can switch teams if you get offers. If u dont perform well and the teams reputation aint high enough u wont get a offer
    shpend28 said:
    U only can switch teams if you get offers. If u dont perform well and the teams reputation aint high enough u wont get a offer
    I forgot to mention that, I have 3 offers and no matter which one I choose the new season still starts with the old team.
  • ak666modak666mod Member New Car Smell
    :D ist mir jetzt egal ob sie die ränge zurücksetzen. gestern rang 50 erreicht und den meisterschaftsstern erhalten  :D
This discussion has been closed.