Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

DNF ---> new gearbox?

If I retire from a race, can I use a new gearbox in the next race without incurring a penalty (as in real life) or do I receive a 5 place grid drop?

Best Answer

Answers

• EnsiFerrumEnsiFerrum Member Pit Crew
    Why do you not just test it?

Make a backup from your savegames (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\[SteamID]\515220\remote)
    Try it.
    "I find your lack of communications disturbing" - Lord Darth Vader to Codemasters Community Manager
    Body is n characters too short. <- THIS IS RIDICULOUS!!
    Once with professionals ...

Sys-Spec:
     Intel Core i7-6700K / 32GB RAM / ASUS Stryx GTX 1080 A8G / Creative Soundblaster Z
     Fanatec CSL Elite / CSL Wheel P1/ CSW Formula Carbon / CSL Elite Steering Wheel McLaren GT3 / ClubSport Wheel GT / CSP v3 / ClubSport Shifter SQ V 1.5 / ClubSport Handbrake
     TrackIR / WMR Lenovo Explorer
     Windows Version 1803 (Build 18219.1000)
    In this case it might be easy:
    Crash the car -> new gearbox -> no penalty.
    Would make me wonder if the engine recognizes the crash was induced by the driver .....
    "I find your lack of communications disturbing" - Lord Darth Vader to Codemasters Community Manager

Sys-Spec:
     Intel Core i7-6700K / 32GB RAM / ASUS Stryx GTX 1080 A8G / Creative Soundblaster Z
     Fanatec CSL Elite / CSL Wheel P1/ CSW Formula Carbon / CSL Elite Steering Wheel McLaren GT3 / ClubSport Wheel GT / CSP v3 / ClubSport Shifter SQ V 1.5 / ClubSport Handbrake
  • CaptainAustCaptainAust Member Petrol Head
    Because im on ps4 lol... Was thinking that in IRL too, what if the driver is at fault for the crash? Honestly i think there are just way too many variables to make it work and be reliable and realistic. I understand what codies have tried to do with all the component wear and things but it's just too complex,, and that's F1's fault i guess, the whole sport needs to go back to basic in my opinion. Although i would like some feedback if people actually do manage to test it. If i remember, the next time i have a mechanical or a crash in career ill swap the box. 
    As I have some savegames, and currently not in the mood to continue my career either, I will do a test tomorrow. But might take a while. Just on my 1st gearbox.

Sys-Spec:
  • CaptainAustCaptainAust Member Petrol Head
    That's the thing isnt it,, since when is it ok to charge people $70 to be glorified beta testers?