Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Next year..

TopAirspaceTopAirspace Member Pit Crew
Codies, please next year just reapply all of your focus on the official FIA 2018 cars, 

I really can't help but think that if you guys hadn't applied so much of your focus on all of the gimmicky classic cars then F1 2017 could have really launched as a great game this year... 

And as a community have we learned from this? Please stop asking codies to do stupid things... what we want is F1 2018 to be exactly that... a game that replicates the 2018 season as best as possible, and most importantly we want it to be a game that works from the get go.

The more content we demand from them, the more diluted and waterd down the core of the game will remain.......

It's the old saying, do one thing and do it well.

Comments

• fstarredfstarred Member Unleaded
    edited September 12
    Couldn't agree more, when I heard of classic cars I was very scary that devs lost focus on real and mainly bug . And, sadly, some bugs still persist from 2016 (VC car could be managed more, more better for example). Btw I'm still confident that some 2017 bugs  will be fixed for the next patch 
  • Luke1991Luke1991 Member Pit Crew
    I'm fairly happy with how the 2017 side of the game turned out, bugs aside the content is a good improvement on last year. I just wish there was more focus put into championship mode. The fact that the engine management isn't in that mode confuses me.
  • sirio994sirio994 Member Wheel Nut
    edited September 12
    I was scared about it honestly. But right now it's almost the opposite: they put old cars in without the best representation or handling. IMHO they put them in just to sell more copies and give more longevity to the game. To me they are not there to be well replicate.

Classic cars are great, but i don't like the handling of some of those. They seem to be "artificially old", that's the thing i don't like...

But yes, they took time away from other details or possibile things (AI, strategy, cool down lap, etc)
  • ForzaBrendanForzaBrendan Member New Car Smell
    All we need for next year is driver transfers, and it would be 100% a masterpiece. But thanks to FOM we may never get that one little thing.
  • TopAirspaceTopAirspace Member Pit Crew
    edited September 13
    Operator1 said:

LOL! Only a few weeks after a buggy launch and people are already preparing to open their wallets again for the next installment?? We'll never get good quality at launch when people are so eager to hand over their money. "As a community, have we learned from this?" Why would any company listen to requests & complaints when ignoring them doesn't hurt their sales?

Like the old saying goes: "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me." ...Or, in this case: fool me year after year after year after year, and it's just easy money.

Personally yes i have bought every F1 game since 2010,

This time around we really have to ask ourselves... what is F1 2017?

Because what really stands out this year is this, if we remove the somewhat half arsed attempt at Classic Cars we are essentially left with a reskined version of F1 2016 with a few physics alterations to replicate the new cars this year along with a few new career mode features.

Essentially everything else remains the same with all of the issues / bugs that plagued F1 2016 rolling on over into F1 2017 aswell.....

Imagine had they spent a year sorting out all of those issues along with fine tuning all the important core features of the overall racing experience instead?
    Post edited by TopAirspace on
  • MachOne1MachOne1 Member Wheel Nut
    Next Year maybe I'll wait instead of blowing my Birthday Money on a Buggy Game until it's fixed  :D
  • kevinkirkkevinkirk Member Race Engineer
    I cant believe someone  just complained about classic cars being added to the game. 
    Xbox one, controller
  • PJTierneyPJTierney Member Wheel Nut
    I have enjoyed driving the Classic F1 cars in Multiplayer.

Modern cars should be the priority but I want to see even more classics added next year. 
    PJ Tierney | Web | Twitter | Instagram | YouTube

F1 2017: 100% Complete
    F1 2016:
     100% Complete
    F1 2011:
     100% Complete
    F1 2010:
     100% Complete
    F1 Race Stars: 
    100% Complete
    DiRT 4: 100% Complete
    DiRT Rally: 100% Complete

Xbox One, Controller, No Assists, Bumper Camera (DiRT) / T-Cam (F1)

• R9NALD09R9NALD09 Member Unleaded
    edited September 13
    All I'm going to say is that the more I play 2017 the more I realize why we only got proper gameplay videos a week before release...
  • CofferCoffer Member Pit Crew
    edited September 13
    PJTierney said:
    I have enjoyed driving the Classic F1 cars in Multiplayer.

Modern cars should be the priority but I want to see even more classics added next year. 
    They're fine, but they lose much of their value when they don't have any proper rival cars from the same years. Just having multiple legends race one another is boring, and given the extreme pace difference between some of them, racing them only serves to devalue some of them. They're not exactly good league racing material either.

Ideally if they do it again next year (which I'm very doubtful of seeing as it costs them a lot to get the rights for these cars and a lot of teams can just say no, like McLaren did in 2013), they should focus on tight championship battles more than just showcasing the odd legend here and there. Cars like the MP4/4 and F2004 run their course within a couple of laps. Put together two closely matched cars like the MP4-15 and the F1-2000, however, and you end up with something much more interesting. There are plenty of such cases from the last 30 years that they can use, and they can even showcase unique midfield cars that stood out if they somehow feel the need to pad out the field in some way.

Examples that even stick to the 5 teams they currently have the A-OK to use cars from:
    1986 - Williams, McLaren, Lotus (via Renault)
    1990 - McLaren, Ferrari
    1994 - Williams, Benetton (via Renault)
    1995-1997 - Williams, Benetton (via Renault), Ferrari (can pad this out with the McLaren in the case of 1997)
    1998-2001 - McLaren, Ferrari
    2003 - Williams, McLaren, Ferrari
    2005 - Renault, McLaren (can pad this out with the Ferrari)
    2006 - Renault, Ferrari
    2007 - McLaren, Ferrari
    2008 - McLaren, Ferrari (can pad this out with the Toro Rosso and the Renault too)
    2010 - Red Bull, Ferrari, McLaren
    2012 - McLaren, Ferrari, Red Bull, Lotus (via Renault) (can pad this out with the Williams too, giving you cars from all 5 teams - these cars in general should've been in the game over the RB6)

Right now there's no real sense of rivalry when racing, say, the F2004 against the RB6 or something, which is something F1 would never have survived without. By catering to pure nostalgia (half-heartedly in fact, seeing as you drive against fictional modern wannabes in the equivalent of BOSS GP as opposed to the real drivers, who are not available at all), they've missed an obvious opportunity.
    Post edited by Coffer on
  • BERTELBERTEL Member New Car Smell
    Wont buy it next year.. Same tracks (+ paul richard, worst circuit in the world)  Same cars (+ halo's).
    and we all know its going to be another polished up 2015 title.  
  • dirt3joedirt3joe Member Race Steward
    Classic cars and circuits are a must for me.

Game simply doesn't have enough value to me if all it does is replicate the current F1 season. 

I would not buy this game if it were just the 2017 circuits and cars because the circuits are the same as 2017. And as the other guy said, 2018 will be pretty much the same circuits again.
  • sjsharp2010sjsharp2010 Member Champion
    dirt3joe said:

Game simply doesn't have enough value to me if all it does is replicate the current F1 season. 

I would not buy this game if it were just the 2017 circuits and cars because the circuits are the same as 2017. And as the other guy said, 2018 will be pretty much the same circuits again.
    Yeah if it was ajust a copy and paste o f2016 I wouldn't have bothered with 2017 so I'm glad the new things are in there. As I was in2 minds as to whether to get 2017 myself until I saw the R&D tree.  It wasn't until then that I was sold on it.

In war victory, In peace vigilance, In death sacrifice -grey warden motto

• fstarredfstarred Member Unleaded
    dirt3joe said:

Yes, so what you ll get this year and  in the future will be still unsolved bugs, crazy SC situations and more other boring things for what?

Maybe the ugly copy of pcars or ACorsa..  sorry if I want to play F1  season then
  • CavSTiagoCavSTiago Member Co-Driver
    F4lcoX58 said:
    2018 = Halo = Don't buy the game.... lol
    2015 = A half game; 
    2016 = A complete game; 
    2017 = A complete game + extras; 
    2018 = It seems that Codemasters has come to the end of this model of game in F1 2017, there is nowhere else to go. The graphics engine is already at its maximum, we already have classic cars, we already have a full career mode, we have everything. There has to be a new era of game generation. We need revolution. #NoHalo