Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Patch 1.6 - Discussion Thread

Comments

• DolphinGrayA4DolphinGrayA4 Member Unleaded
    I got the patch downloaded this morning but then i had to leave for work. Cant wait to see the changes!
  • FrancoRojasFrancoRojas Member New Car Smell
    Did they fix the problem with the AI qualify laps in Career Mode? Can I finally start a decent career now with this update?
  • sirio994sirio994 Member Wheel Nut
    edited September 13
    I think they fix the grip and the AI. I was very slow in the wet, just took the pole with Kimi in China (full qualify), prior to the patch i was constantly 10th or more (one shot qualify). Seems like the AI is now fully affected by the track's grip.

It was a full wet qualify from the start. Should try some dynamic sessions (wet to dry or dry to wet)
  • PonzettoYTPonzettoYT Member New Car Smell
    • Hi! I want to post about the safety car. Its never appears, only VSC but i have never see the safety car and i play a lot of races. Please check it.
  • ed24ed24 Member, Drivers New Car Smell
    I found the wet far too easy on the patch - but only one career race so far so could be just a one-off
  • EnglishBobSnrEnglishBobSnr Member New Car Smell
    edited September 13
    Patch 1.6 on PS4 Pro (with boost mode active)

Has it fixed the low res issues? It has, providing you wait for them to load. 

and (at 1m 48secs)

• FetalFetal Member Unleaded
    edited September 13
    • Hi! I want to post about the safety car. Its never appears, only VSC but i have never see the safety car and i play a lot of races. Please check it.
    Just did Sochi 100% distance... had 2 Safety car periods and 1 VSC.  Safety car doesnt appear as much as 2016, but it is there.
    also it allowed everyone to bunch up before pulling in now.
    Really loving this patch. From what i've seen so far there are many (positive) changes not included in the notes...
  • hardbakedhardbaked Member Wheel Nut
    I did my first season on 25% races and had possibly 3 SCduring that season. 
    Season 2 now I'm doing all races on 50% and have done 5 races and had a SC twice now. 

What distance races are you doing? If I remember correctly from F1 2016 the lesser race distance made it more uncommon to get a SC 
  • JensonbartleyJensonbartley Member New Car Smell
    sirio994 said:
    Really loving this patch. From what i've seen so far there are many (positive) changes not included in the notes...
    Like?
    AI affected by track's grip. The pace at beginning of each sessions, in inters and full wet. I'm courious to see if there are strategy changes (SC, weather conditions). 

PS: the pre race UI has changed. Now you can change the settings before the loading screen
  • LawsyjnrLawsyjnr Member New Car Smell
    Is there any news on when the Xbox release will be?
  • pro3pro3 Member New Car Smell
    We're aiming for Xbox to go live in the next day or so...  once I know for certain, I'll let you know :).

We are looking into the issues you're reporting in multiplayer, and we're looking
    to get fixes out to you as soon as possible

Only news Xbox user have got it's live on PS4.
  • NILBRASILNILBRASIL Member New Car Smell
    Why have not you released the 1.6 patch for Xbox One? They valued both the version for the next Xbox One X, but they are leaving the platform last to send these corrections. What's the problem? Why not launch along with the fixes for Pc and PS4, where does the pc use the same operating system platform that the Xbox One uses? What criteria were used to prioritize pc and ps4 and not Xbox One at the same time? We want Codemasters answers. We are consumers like any other from any other platform. Why this lack of attention to the Xbox One platform?
  • SpeedRoadadminSpeedRoadadmin Member New Car Smell
    The way you can search for online rooms is ridiculous. Before they did not see each other, but now they do not even know what there is. Does CM really laugh at us? Who are the professionals who make the patches? Who checks those patches? You go from bad to worse CM. When it seems that it is impossible to do it worse you go and do it much worse. It is unfortunate how they work. I have already given up hope that they will do something right. Congratulations because worse can not be done

• Driver74Driver74 Member Unleaded
    NILBRASIL said:
    Why have not you released the 1.6 patch for Xbox One? They valued both the version for the next Xbox One X, but they are leaving the platform last to send these corrections. What's the problem? Why not launch along with the fixes for Pc and PS4, where does the pc use the same operating system platform that the Xbox One uses? What criteria were used to prioritize pc and ps4 and not Xbox One at the same time? We want Codemasters answers. We are consumers like any other from any other platform. Why this lack of attention to the Xbox One platform?

Good question.

@ Jennyannem  We, the consumers cant understand that the F1 Series have so many bugs since F1 15.
    Can you explain us why CM have these problems ?
    Is it the engine, have the developers a experience deficit  ?
    With some more Information, we can have some understanding and feel not angry.

Thx for a answer Jenny.

• Babijn1970Babijn1970 Member New Car Smell
    This patch is the end for F1 2017 for me not going to do those levels again :(
  • pro3pro3 Member New Car Smell
    NILBRASIL said:
    The reason why PC get patches first is because there's no approval system that allows updates to just be released and go live instantly. For consoles Sony and Microsoft both review patches before they go live on there respective console. This is out of codies hand. PS4 only got update this morning. Sony usually has a quicker review system than Microsoft hence the reason why PS4 got it this morning. This is out of Codies hands they send the patches together and Sony and Microsoft decide when they go live.
  • pijinpijin Member Petrol Head
    The way you can search for online rooms is ridiculous. Before they did not see each other, but now they do not even know what there is. Does CM really laugh at us? Who are the professionals who make the patches? Who checks those patches? You go from bad to worse CM. When it seems that it is impossible to do it worse you go and do it much worse. It is unfortunate how they work. I have already given up hope that they will do something right. Congratulations because worse can not be done

They probably send the patches to Microsoft and Sony at the same time. I think Microsoft is just a bit slower to process updates.
This discussion has been closed.