Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

DiRTy Gossip Thread

Comments

• dgeesi0dgeesi0 Member Champion
    some people will always try and justify anything.the games brilliant.it doesn't bother me if you don't buy it or not.only thing that annoys me is when people spout nonsense.

the more you play the game the better it gets.the stages are amazing.the graphics are.its a great game.your basing opinions on a game you havent played yet.if you dont want to buy from a cdkey site don't.it doesn't bother me  tbh.i pay the cheapest price.

you dont have to spend 8 hrs to get it right im picky and i aim for the top times. some could just ask they would get help and be set up nice in minutes but like anything drama is often the easiest option.

dumpster fire im a cody nut brought literally all the codie games for over twenty years. wrc 7 is one of the best rally games made ever.i played them all and it really is a great game.i just wish some would stop crying about previous wrc titles.what does it matter if ever other title they made was bad when we talking about playing this one ?

has codemasters never made a bad game ever ? dirt showdown was terrible dirt 4 isnt great either. you could be playing the best rally game this year but wont based on past games.sad to have such a closed mind.when you could be playing such a great rally game.

• KevMKevM Member Champion
    JZStudios said:
    So the forums finally let me log back in, and 143 WRC7 DiRTy gossip comments later and I can safely say I also won't be picking up this dumpster fire.
    Sorry @dgeesi0 but I'm not spending 8 hours trying to figure out how to get my wheel setup to work. It's a crapshoot with this title, and I'm not even willing to spend $20 on a shady CDkey site from stolen credit cards. They've proven themselves fairly incompetent 3 years in a row now.
    We have a saying "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me." I can only assume the "Fool me three times...." results in a "What am I? Stupid?"
    You guys seem to have really low standards for buying products.
    I paid Microsoft £45 for a virtual copy of WRC 7 and don't regret a penny of it.  
    I got WRC 6 pre-owned, with a gift voucher that cost me nothing & have regretted it every day since.
  • griev0rgriev0r Member Petrol Head
    griev0r said:
    Ok so I got the game, trying to use my Clubsport V1 wheel and V2 pedals.  I can't enter the game with any buttons on the wheel, I have the BMW rim.  So I have to hit enter on my keyboard then it defaults to Xbox controller, doesn't pick up the wheel axis and I can't map my throttle and brake.  Any advice how to fix this

I've tried to do the 'change controller' when I get into options but it doesn't pick up any buttons from my wheel or pedals.  HOW can their wheel support still be this bad.  So frustrating.
    If anyone has any advice for me on this I'd appreciate it.  I'm going to have to refund the game before I go over 2 hours if I can't get my wheel and pedals working.
  • LudwigVonMisesLudwigVonMises Member Pit Crew
    @griev0r if you have to refund, I would submit a support ticket and see if you get any help from the devs.
  • madwakmadwak Member Wheel Nut
    edited September 2017
    griev0r said:
    griev0r said:
    Ok so I got the game, trying to use my Clubsport V1 wheel and V2 pedals.  I can't enter the game with any buttons on the wheel, I have the BMW rim.  So I have to hit enter on my keyboard then it defaults to Xbox controller, doesn't pick up the wheel axis and I can't map my throttle and brake.  Any advice how to fix this

I've tried to do the 'change controller' when I get into options but it doesn't pick up any buttons from my wheel or pedals.  HOW can their wheel support still be this bad.  So frustrating.
    If anyone has any advice for me on this I'd appreciate it.  I'm going to have to refund the game before I go over 2 hours if I can't get my wheel and pedals working.
    @griev0r Have you tried pressing the right hand 4 way switch on the BMW rim to start the game? I have to use that one to log my BMW rim onto the PS4, maybe you have to use the same button?
    Post edited by madwak on
    edited September 2017
    As usual, the Polo is sublime.  
    I just figured out how to do a vehicle setup & smashed a WR in Wales on the Epic, by 4-5 secs.  Iv only completed the stage 3 times.  There's more in it with a few tweaks!!

I think we we need a WRC 7 topic thread
    Post edited by KevM on
    edited September 2017
    looks like a great stage B) would make sense to just make a thread and let others gossip without la la.
  • RodgerDaviesRodgerDavies Member Champion
    Does anybody here have this working OK with no stuttering on a mid-range PC? I'm concerned that the positivity it console only.
    Does anybody here have this working OK with no stuttering on a mid-range PC? I'm concerned that the positivity it console only.
    make sure v sync is off.
  • JZStudiosJZStudios Member Team Principal
    dgeesi0 said:
    some people will always try and justify anything.the games brilliant.it doesn't bother me if you don't buy it or not.only thing that annoys me is when people spout nonsense.

the more you play the game the better it gets.the stages are amazing.the graphics are.its a great game.your basing opinions on a game you havent played yet.if you dont want to buy from a cdkey site don't.it doesn't bother me  tbh.i pay the cheapest price.

you dont have to spend 8 hrs to get it right im picky and i aim for the top times. some could just ask they would get help and be set up nice in minutes but like anything drama is often the easiest option.

dumpster fire im a cody nut brought literally all the codie games for over twenty years. wrc 7 is one of the best rally games made ever.i played them all and it really is a great game.i just wish some would stop crying about previous wrc titles.what does it matter if ever other title they made was bad when we talking about playing this one ?

has codemasters never made a bad game ever ? dirt showdown was terrible dirt 4 isnt great either. you could be playing the best rally game this year but wont based on past games.sad to have such a closed mind.when you could be playing such a great rally game.

I feel like your English has been getting worse as time goes on. But that's another story.
    When the majority of people are having issues and it's either unknown or unclear whether or not my wheel will work, much less my peripherals, that's called a $40 crapshoot. It's got nothing to do with past titles (except they're also broken.) With wheels like the ever popular Logitech G-series and the TM brand being either completely broken, wrong, or unusable I'm not buying into it with my oft skipped Fanatec GT2 with separate peripherals. That's lunacy.
    That doesn't even factor in whether or not it'll function properly/smoothly on my PC given all the optimization issues about 50% of the userbase has. It also doesn't take in the varying reviews that people are giving when it does work. You say it's great, @Rallycameraman says it's garbage and there's people in between that say the FFB is terrible. And you basically stated you HAD to spend 8 hours to get it to feel right. I'm not doing that. I almost immediately refunded Dirt 4 because it didn't initially support my wheel until I figured out their goofy menu system.
    If Steam had a reasonable refund policy or the Devs had a history of fixing **** and making it work, yeah, I'd buy into it, but neither of those is true and I'm not keen on losing out on my money.

It's got nothing to do with fanboy or not, but your saying I should buy it solely based on your experience from the minority of the userbase. Although there is credit due to "These guys have proven themselves incompetent more than a few times, and it's unlikely to change."
    I'll tell you a little secret, I'll buy a game that A. Works, and B. I enjoy. WRC7 so far is sketchy at best on both fronts.
  • griev0rgriev0r Member Petrol Head
    edited September 2017
    madwak said:
    griev0r said:
    griev0r said:

@griev0r Have you tried pressing the right hand 4 way switch on the BMW rim to start the game? I have to use that one to log my BMW rim onto the PS4, maybe you have to use the same button?
    Tried that, doesn't do a thing.  Going to have to refund at this point.  Maybe down the road I'll give it another shot if there is basic wheel support.

Edit: Nevermind, I forgot I got it from that cdkeys site so no Steam refund.  I'll just chalk this up to a waste of 30$.  God I love modern gaming.
  • PorkhammerPorkhammer Member Champion
    edited September 2017
    To be honest the main thing putting me off from trying WRC 7 out is the incredibly poor sounds. I had the same issue with SLRE. If the sounds had just been average instead of **** I'd have both of them in my Steam library. The cars sound as though vacuum cleaners and squirrel throat singers joined forces and produced some weird lovechild.

DR & D4 has spoiled me rotten in this aspect. I just cannot fathom how people can tolerate this garbage that Kylotonn is trying to pull off, but that's just me. I can't even finish watching any of the videos you guys have posted because the cars sound so bad.

When it comes to fiddling with controls for hours on end to get the FFB to feel just right, I wouldn't mind doing that if the rest of the game was worthwhile. It really should be standard for any racing/rally game though to support multiple device inputs. I honestly don't see what the issue is. If a 17 year old game by DICE can do it, why can't Kylotonn? I doubt I'd have much problems with my G27, but after seeing people refund the game because of this issue I can understand their frustration.

Maybe I'll buy the game in the future if I have some spare cash, and there's been a sound mod released. Right now it's not worth a penny for me.
    "forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza" -michaelangelo
  • SlowishSlowish Member Wheel Nut
    To be honest the main thing putting me off from trying WRC 7 out is the incredibly poor sounds. I had the same issue with SLRE. If the sounds had just been average instead of **** I'd have both of them in my Steam library. The cars sound as though vacuum cleaners and squirrel throat singers joined forces and produced some weird lovechild.

DR & D4 has spoiled me rotten in this aspect. I just cannot fathom how people can tolerate this garbage that Kylotonn is trying to pull off, but that's just me. I can't even finish watching any of the videos you guys have posted because the cars sound so bad.

When it comes to fiddling with controls for hours on end to get the FFB to feel just right, I wouldn't mind doing that if the rest of the game was worthwhile. It really should be standard for any racing/rally game though to support multiple device inputs. I honestly don't see what the issue is. If a 17 year old game by DICE can do it, why can't Kylotonn? I doubt I'd have much problems with my G27, but after seeing people refund the game because of this issue I can understand their frustration.

Maybe I'll buy the game in the future if I have some spare cash, and there's been a sound mod released. Right now it's not worth a penny for me.
    Yes, the Dirt series sounds have been excellent and yes, we are spoiled in that regard indeed. I get your point when it comes to audio because I feel it's not given the attention it deserves in most racing titles in general.

The controller issues are really frustrating with WRC and SLRE though; it makes me wonder if the developers even know how Windows inputs work at all.  I just hope they get it sorted over time because it seems the better hardware you have, the more you get penalized with lacking support. I don't need controller presets; I just need the axis and buttons to be recognized and configurable as needed - just as other PC driving titles do.

PC Mobo MSi Z270 Pro / CPU Intel i7-7700k @4.2 ghz / RAM G.Skills RipJaws 32GB DDR4 / OS Windows 10 / GPU Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC2 / Audio SoundBlaster ZX / Tactile OB Realtek (Extensions) / SB Audigy (Chassis) / Control AccuForce / OSW Mige (10k) SimuCube / CSS SQ / CST F1 Pedals / Displays 27" triples / Oculus CV-1

• JZStudiosJZStudios Member Team Principal
    BadD0g said:
    JZStudios said:
    dgeesi0 said:

I feel like your English has been getting worse as time goes on. But that's another story.
    When the majority of people are having issues and it's either unknown or unclear whether or not my wheel will work, much less my peripherals, that's called a $40 crapshoot. It's got nothing to do with past titles (except they're also broken.) With wheels like the ever popular Logitech G-series and the TM brand being either completely broken, wrong, or unusable I'm not buying into it with my oft skipped Fanatec GT2 with separate peripherals. That's lunacy.
    That doesn't even factor in whether or not it'll function properly/smoothly on my PC given all the optimization issues about 50% of the userbase has. It also doesn't take in the varying reviews that people are giving when it does work. You say it's great, @Rallycameraman says it's garbage and there's people in between that say the FFB is terrible. And you basically stated you HAD to spend 8 hours to get it to feel right. I'm not doing that. I almost immediately refunded Dirt 4 because it didn't initially support my wheel until I figured out their goofy menu system.
    If Steam had a reasonable refund policy or the Devs had a history of fixing **** and making it work, yeah, I'd buy into it, but neither of those is true and I'm not keen on losing out on my money.

It's got nothing to do with fanboy or not, but your saying I should buy it solely based on your experience from the minority of the userbase. Although there is credit due to "These guys have proven themselves incompetent more than a few times, and it's unlikely to change."
    I'll tell you a little secret, I'll buy a game that A. Works, and B. I enjoy. WRC7 so far is sketchy at best on both fronts.
    If you don't want to buy the game, just don't buy it. No need to start an argument/rant about it. Dgeesi0 likes the game, so what? It's not like he's demanding that you buy it.
    And yet for some reason he seems offended that I don't. I made it clear in my first post I have no intention of buying it.
    And Grievor can't get his wheel to work so I have the sneaking suspicion mine won't either, so I'll just not risk it.
  • boganibogani Member Champion
    Bought it and gave it a go. Not very impressed so far to be honest.

Standing still and revving the engine sound and feels.... very very strange. There is no real throttle response. Revs go up and hangs for a bit. 

Things like this really puts me off.

FFB is **** so far, but need to test some more I guess.

"I had the biggest moose problem in my whole life I think"

"Was it on the side of the road?"

"Huh?"

"The moose"

"The mousse in the tire"

• Operator1Operator1 Member, Drivers Champion

WRC 7 vs. DiRT 4 Comparison (sound, stage design, graphics...)

*Disclaimer: my comments are only my own musings, not 
    'stating opinions as facts' or 'speaking for others.'
    #NeverPreOrder. It's outrageous that consumers have to BEG game companies to simply make games that reliably function properly. Consumers do NOT buy video games to waste their recreational time doing the unpaid work of a paid professional tester. It's nonsense to imply game companies have no obligation to deliver games of consistently reliable function quality just because "it's not easy & nothing is perfect & you can't please everybody." Company decision-makers listen to consumer spending, not consumer feedback - they don't care if it works properly as long as it sells enough, and every purchase is a vote of approval that helps fund more of the same. #VoteWithYourWallet

Took me @30 mins of driving to get my wheel set up the way I like.
    Sounds are more than acceptable.  They are good.  Dirts sounds though, are excellent.

WRC 7 is better optimised for my xbox, than D4 is, which is a stuttering mess in places.

Previous experience is the reason I bought D4 & it's turned out to be quite far removed from its predecessor unfortunately .  I hated WRC 6 (&5), but 7 is quite far removed from the earlier attempts too.

PC stutter seems to be something that affects a lot of games, I had it myself with DiRT Rally.  But anyone on these forums should know by now, that hardware causes the problem.

I like 7, I'm glad I gave it a chance & bought it.  I am enjoying it.  I am glad it was released in the wake of D4, as competition is always healthy.  On this forum, we've all been guilty of rubbishing the other Rally games as they have been so poor in comparison to what we were playing.  WRC 7 is a worthy opponent.  It's not as good a game as Dirt Rally, but it is as enjoyable to play & deserves some success.  I hope it motivates the guys at Codies to regroup, reset & continue to do what they do so well.

So whether you decide to try it or not, this is a great thing for the genre.  DR raised the bar, the rest are catching up again.  Someone somewhere will smash the opposition again.  I still believe that will be Codemasters