Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

DiRTy Gossip Thread

Comments

• PorkhammerPorkhammer Member Champion
    carpa said:
    I looked more into the term "log" and I found out that it used to be an instrument to estimate the speed of a ship. This then translated into the logbook, the diary in which were recorded the most important facts that happened during the travel on a ship (usually speed and direction of wind). This term is now used in computer science and indicates the file that records what happens while an operating system or a software is running (logfile). This kind of remembers me of the roadbook in a certaon way...
    I'd say you're looking into it a bit too much...
    "forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza" -michaelangelo
  • carpacarpa Member Petrol Head
    carpa said:
    I looked more into the term "log" and I found out that it used to be an instrument to estimate the speed of a ship. This then translated into the logbook, the diary in which were recorded the most important facts that happened during the travel on a ship (usually speed and direction of wind). This term is now used in computer science and indicates the file that records what happens while an operating system or a software is running (logfile). This kind of remembers me of the roadbook in a certaon way...
    I'd say you're looking into it a bit too much...
    Indeed I am. But I was waiting for real gossip since four months so...
    "I race to win, of course. But even before of winning, I race to race. As fast as possible"
    - Gilles Villeneuve
  • tbtstttbtstt Member Champion
    urgaffel said:
    Dytut said:
    Yeah that pizza... I have no idea. We need clues @urgaffel
    Hmm.... It's hard to say something without being too obvious. I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange: logs
    Isn't the DirtFish compound called twin peaks in the files? Would make sense as with the random stage generator, that's the only place that is always the same...
    I thought DirtFish was the most obvious place to find it, but I haven't noticed it whilst messing round with any cars there...

...that said, most of my time in DirtFish has been spent throwing cars sideways, not looking for signs!

"If In Doubt, Flat Out!"

• Janneman60Janneman60 Member Unleaded
    edited September 2017
    Now I've read a lot of good and bad things about WRC7. at the moment I am not going to buy it. Codemasters let me down big way with no decent bugfixing and no decent plan as how Dirt 4 goes on. Which has lead to that I'm now at the point of winning all the championships soon and then wave goodbye to Dirt 4. Just because of the way CM handles me as custoner. So with WRC7 I wait and see if they want to take their customers serious. For exampke with fixing the wheel problems.
  • SlowishSlowish Member Wheel Nut
    Sadly, after Dirt4 and being unable to solve controller-setup issues with WRC7 and SLRE, I'm feeling rather put off by Rally titles of late.  While I take a break from Rally to smooth things over, I plan to spend some time with AC and the new Ferrari Pack coming tomorrow, PC2 on Friday.

When I'm finally ready to get back to Rally, I'll be playing some Dirt Rally to build up some confidence in the game genre again. ;)

PC Mobo MSi Z270 Pro / CPU Intel i7-7700k @4.2 ghz / RAM G.Skills RipJaws 32GB DDR4 / OS Windows 10 / GPU Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC2 / Audio SoundBlaster ZX / Tactile OB Realtek (Extensions) / SB Audigy (Chassis) / Control AccuForce / OSW Mige (10k) SimuCube / CSS SQ / CST F1 Pedals / Displays 27" triples / Oculus CV-1

• LutzMLutzM Member Unleaded
    Can anybody tell what's the actual weekly challenges in D4? I'm at the office and can't wait to find out tonight...
  • LudwigVonMisesLudwigVonMises Member Pit Crew
    LutzM said:
    Can anybody tell what's the actual weekly challenges in D4? I'm at the office and can't wait to find out tonight...
    Yet another feature not implemented 3.5 months after release: community event leaderboards.
    For those of you who have been able get WRC 7 running (no problems here but I'm on console):

1. Buy a bunch of beer
    2. Invite friends over (real physical friends. Like, in your living room)
    3. Play Hotseat mode
    Haven't had this much fun gaming with friends in years.
  • madwakmadwak Member Wheel Nut
    For those of you who have been able get WRC 7 running (no problems here but I'm on console):

1. Buy a bunch of beer
    2. Invite friends over (real physical friends. Like, in your living room)
    3. Play Hotseat mode
    Haven't had this much fun gaming with friends in years.
    A bunch of beer can make anything seem like fun
  • JZStudiosJZStudios Member Team Principal
    gfRally said:
    Sadly there has been any gossip.  We can always muse ourselves and create our own.  We used to do that, but that was long ago when @justbiglee would pop in and post a picture of a foggy window pain or burnt toast that had a slight 4 looking mark in it.  We would go for days talking about the meaning of toast and rally "I found a picture of McRae eating toast, it must mean this...."   Those where the days.  

Now we sadly look at a WRC game and talk about how great it is (guilty).  The thing is, we all love rally and desperately look for the next game (hopefully from Codies) that adds to the enjoyment we found in DR.  Codies have been humble and kind enough to let us talk about whatever competition we like here, even giving both praising to their competitors.  

We all have opinions, some are more open minded to seeing something good, others are committed to one title and think everything else is rubbish.  Those are both fine by me, a "forum" by nature is just that, a place for people to voice their opinions.  

This whole thread was started by a light hearted group of dedicated fans, times change but the sentimental value of this thread is a testament to all fans of the DiRT series and those that have made the series great.  

What is this? A funeral service?
    "And long shall the memory of the DiRTy Gossip thread remain here forevermore in our hearts, let us not mourn of it's passing, but cry tears of joy and laughter at all the fun times we had along the way. The teasings of DiRT Rally, the Subaraudi S1E22bbWRCX, Helicopters, water splashes, Kebabs and pizzas, along with page 634.
    We lost a few giants along the way, especially @justbiglee but we braced these blows and our hearts grew stronger from the experience. We will heretofore live our lives to the fullest with the memories that we all share linking us together as our dear friend shuffles off this mortal coil.

..Hit play Bob."

carpa said:
    Dytut said:
    Yep, I'd go for Dirtfish since the dirtfish house is the sheriffs department in twin peaks. Question is, if the log lady's log saw something, what was it?
    There are also some logs in DiRTFish if  I remember correctly. 
    Other places where there are logs are Wales, Sweden and Michigan but I'd go with Dirtfish
    They did mention before that it's a random spawn. So it might or might not be there.

• gfRallygfRally Member Champion
    JZStudios said:
    gfRally said:
    Sadly there has been any gossip.  We can always muse ourselves and create our own.  We used to do that, but that was long ago when @justbiglee would pop in and post a picture of a foggy window pain or burnt toast that had a slight 4 looking mark in it.  We would go for days talking about the meaning of toast and rally "I found a picture of McRae eating toast, it must mean this...."   Those where the days.  

Now we sadly look at a WRC game and talk about how great it is (guilty).  The thing is, we all love rally and desperately look for the next game (hopefully from Codies) that adds to the enjoyment we found in DR.  Codies have been humble and kind enough to let us talk about whatever competition we like here, even giving both praising to their competitors.  

We all have opinions, some are more open minded to seeing something good, others are committed to one title and think everything else is rubbish.  Those are both fine by me, a "forum" by nature is just that, a place for people to voice their opinions.  

This whole thread was started by a light hearted group of dedicated fans, times change but the sentimental value of this thread is a testament to all fans of the DiRT series and those that have made the series great.  

"And long shall the memory of the DiRTy Gossip thread remain here forevermore in our hearts, let us not mourn of it's passing, but cry tears of joy and laughter at all the fun times we had along the way. The teasings of DiRT Rally, the Subaraudi S1E22bbWRCX, Helicopters, water splashes, Kebabs and pizzas, along with page 634.
    We lost a few giants along the way, especially @justbiglee but we braced these blows and our hearts grew stronger from the experience. We will heretofore live our lives to the fullest with the memories that we all share linking us together as our dear friend shuffles off this mortal coil.

..Hit play Bob."

carpa said:
    Dytut said:
    Yep, I'd go for Dirtfish since the dirtfish house is the sheriffs department in twin peaks. Question is, if the log lady's log saw something, what was it?
    There are also some logs in DiRTFish if  I remember correctly. 
    Other places where there are logs are Wales, Sweden and Michigan but I'd go with Dirtfish
    They did mention before that it's a random spawn. So it might or might not be there.

Maybe we all need to hug a tree and take a DiRT nap

twitch: gfrally    twitter: gflinch

• JZStudiosJZStudios Member Team Principal
    edited September 2017
    carpa said:
    JZStudios said:
    gfRally said:

..Hit play Bob."

"Earth to earth, ashes to ashes, dust to dust, and DiRT to DiRT."
    Damn, wish I'd thought of that.
    Instead I'll just make the funeral procession

• Smithers1968Smithers1968 Member Unleaded
    Operator1 said:

...Graphics and sound suck though, big time.

LOL. "Big time?" I wouldn't go that far. I enjoy great graphics & great audio as much as anyone, but I think it's funny when people say good graphics and/or good audio "suck" just because they're not better than everything else. Sebastien Loeb Rally EVO may not look & sound as amazing as some other games, but it's not like it's a throwback to 80's Atari gaming. :p

Is that Pole Position on 2600? A fantastic arcade (as in, real arcade cabinet) game for its day which whipped up much excitement when the port to home systems was announced. What we got is probably still in the bottom 10 ever. History repeats and all that.
     There were some gems from the '80s mind, Revs and Lombard RAC Rally spring to mind. Anyone remember them?

• TURBODEVIN19TURBODEVIN19 Member Petrol Head
    edited September 2017
    @tbtstt awesome photo's again mate!

https://www.vrheads.com/five-must-have-games-your-oculus-rift
    DiRT Rally is still being praised for it's VR implementation (and deservingly so!) I just keep hoping DiRT 4 will receive VR support at some point..
    Post edited by TURBODEVIN19 on

Steam
    : turbodevin | GFWL: TURBODEVIN19 | Twitter: turbodevin

DiRT | DiRT 2 | DiRT 3 CE | DiRT Showdown | DiRT Rally VR | DiRT 4 | DTM Race Driver 3 | GRID | GRID 2 | GRID Autosport LBE | F1 2013 CE | Toybox Turbos

Thrustmaster TX Racing Wheel Leather Edition
  • LutzMLutzM Member Unleaded
    LutzM said:
    Yet another feature not implemented 3.5 months after release: community event leaderboards.
    But we do have leaderboards...

• dgeesi0dgeesi0 Member Champion
    @tbtstt great pics and fitting how you have the polo and the metro next to each other. they look so alike in shape and style.

as for pole position you to play the arcade version of that daily.with the high low gear on the cabinet :D
    @LutzM I was referring to leaderboards similar to the DR ones, where event info is on a website. Because you wanted to check from the office.