Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

F1 2017 D-Box and UDP Output Specification

Comments

• HooHoo Member, Codemasters admin
    IJS84 said:
    Found another issue.
    As a test in our league I've asked one of the streamers to set the telemetry up to see if the spectate mode sends data correctly.
    I am receiving data from him but all the fields are coming across as 0. There's no car data for the cars that are actually in the race. He started off in one of the spectate slots
    I'll get our QA team to investigate this one.
  • cjorgens79cjorgens79 Member Unleaded
    Hoo said:
    For 1, this is correct - we have an unlimited (almost) amount of time for players to complete these modes. The number probably doesn't look that friendly if displayed as is. Either we could make this display something else, or you can ignore it and/or display something else too.

We couldn't repeat number 2 here. If you see it again please let us know.

I've left number 3 with our team to investigate further.
    Thanks Hoo, re point 1 I have just put a catch in for that, i assumed it was due to something like that. Easy enough for people to deal with.

Re 2, if you want a copy of the raw recorded telemetry stream i can provide it. (plus a viewer if you need one). I dont get much time to play myself, but if i do come across it again while playing i will let you know.
    Hoo said:
    IJS84 said:
    Found another issue.
    As a test in our league I've asked one of the streamers to set the telemetry up to see if the spectate mode sends data correctly.
    I am receiving data from him but all the fields are coming across as 0. There's no car data for the cars that are actually in the race. He started off in one of the spectate slots
    I'll get our QA team to investigate this one.
    Yep i can confirm this too, i made a recording from spectator view and found while in that view that the telemetry is completely frozen. I think it may just be outputting whatever the previous telemetry was from when the player was actually playing and not spectating. 
    Kafumanto said:
    Hi,

tested on PS4 using several "single race" games in a row. When the session begins and you are in the grid lane, before the green lights are on, the game starts streaming wrong data; when the green lights are on, the game streams correct data. The wrong data contain a mixture of the past session and the new one, e.g. m_team_info, m_track_number, m_era, m_car_position, m_car_data etc contains values from the past session, while eg. m_track_size and few others contains data for the current running session. It makes hard to properly detect the change of session and the mixture of some data (e.g. track id and track length) are problematic too.

I have to check if it happens also with other game modes.
    It doesn't clear the stream until the new session has commenced. I'll see if this is something we can fix easily our side.
    Hello All,
    We have some updates coming in our future patch (provisionally version 1.8). This will have the following updates:
    • We've added some additional parameters into the main struct to provide further information on the vehicle physics (see updated spec on the first page of this thread)
    • Fixed issues with the G-force output
    • Fixed 3-second delay after exiting the pit lane 
    We don't plan on making anymore changes to the packet structure for this project. We're still looking at bugs though, so please continue to report any issues you have with this. 

Thanks.
  • KafumantoKafumanto Member New Car Smell
    Hi Hoo,
    thanks for the update and the fixes!

I found another "issue" during testing (verified on PS4): during qualifying sessions, the "out lap" is marked with the same parameters and flags (e.g. lap number) as the following "flying lap", making it impossible to distinguish the "out lap" from the effective "flying lap".
  • RadioactiveJimRadioactiveJim Member Wheel Nut

@Hoo

I am also assuming some changes were made with 1.7 as tyre pressures are now reading correctly for all 4 tyres.

Interestingly though is the tyre compound type seems to start from 1 now instead of 0 as indicated here

byte  m_tyreCompound; // compound of tyre – 0 = ultra soft, 1 = super soft, 2 = soft, 3 = medium, 4 = hard, 5 = inter, 6 = wet

This may just be the software I am using though will check with @zappadoc to see if he sees it the same way.

@RadioactiveJim - you are right. The tyre pressure fix and a fix for the SLI-Pro displaying when disabled both went into version 1.4. I missed those in the fog of war!
  • RadioactiveJimRadioactiveJim Member Wheel Nut

Okay thanks @Hoo and please ignore the other part of the post I have got that cleared up.

Regards

• LonelyRacerLonelyRacer Member New Car Smell

Hoo said:
    Hello All,
    We have some updates coming in our future patch (provisionally version 1.8). This will have the following updates:

Thanks.
    Will you also check/fix the m_team_info being 1, if era is 1980 and the event is time_trial?

Cheers
    @LonelyRacer - the game only uses team names for the licensed 2017 teams. The classics cars are referred to only by vehicle name, so we do not set the m_team_info flag for the classic cars.
  • SGBHAWKSGBHAWK Member New Car Smell
    Hi, i'm joining this discussion for a simple question that i need for DIY. 

It's possible to retreive force feedback information or calculate/implement it from the telemetry?
    If not, there is a way to retreive them with self developed controllers?

Another question: there is a way like udp telemetry to set something in game like fuel mix or next tyre type? 
  • EnsiFerrumEnsiFerrum Member Pit Crew
    Hoo said:
    @LonelyRacer - the game only uses team names for the licensed 2017 teams. The classics cars are referred to only by vehicle name, so we do not set the m_team_info flag for the classic cars.

Little bit of short thinking, I must say.
    I have a DIY Dashboard with RPM-LEDs on top. To get the right LED Layout and scale for eacxh car, I made several profiles which are selected automatically. Works pretty well with the modern cars, but you screwd it with the classic ones. THX.

"I find your lack of communications disturbing" - Lord Darth Vader to Codemasters Community Manager
    Body is n characters too short. <- THIS IS RIDICULOUS!!
    Once with professionals ...

Sys-Spec:
     Intel Core i7-6700K / 32GB RAM / ASUS Stryx GTX 1080 A8G / Creative Soundblaster Z
     Fanatec CSL Elite / CSL Wheel P1/ CSW Formula Carbon / CSL Elite Steering Wheel McLaren GT3 / ClubSport Wheel GT / CSP v3 / ClubSport Shifter SQ V 1.5 / ClubSport Handbrake
     TrackIR / WMR Lenovo Explorer
     Windows Version 1803 (Build 18219.1000)
    I have a DIY Dashboard with RPM-LEDs on top. To get the right LED Layout and scale for eacxh car, I made several profiles which are selected automatically. Works pretty well with the modern cars, but you screwd it with the classic ones. THX.
    Not sure if you realise, but there is a field in the telemetry called m_rev_lights_percent which is helpful for doing RPM shift lights regardless which era of car you are using.
    Not sure if you realise, but there is a field in the telemetry called m_rev_lights_percent which is helpful for doing RPM shift lights regardless which era of car you are using.

m_rev_lights_percent is exactly the same as 100/m_max_rpm*m_engineRate.

Take a look at this Excel-sheet: https://1drv.ms/x/s!AngnWwGMubK9oJ5gPOKgCfBBNqhVCQ 
    It shows that different cars and engines have different rpms when the green, red or blue LEDs begin to shine. 
    And the different cars have diffent LED "Layouts". Ferrari e. g. uses 2 green LEDs as DRS Display. Williams has the blue LEDs as block. The red LEDs step along the values. Red Bull has green, red and blue all as blocks. And so on, etc...
    And I like my stuff and projects as precise as possible.
    "I find your lack of communications disturbing" - Lord Darth Vader to Codemasters Community Manager

Sys-Spec:
     Intel Core i7-6700K / 32GB RAM / ASUS Stryx GTX 1080 A8G / Creative Soundblaster Z
     Fanatec CSL Elite / CSL Wheel P1/ CSW Formula Carbon / CSL Elite Steering Wheel McLaren GT3 / ClubSport Wheel GT / CSP v3 / ClubSport Shifter SQ V 1.5 / ClubSport Handbrake
  • mrdezibelmrdezibel Member New Car Smell

Hi,

I am writing an app for a steering wheel display and I have encountered a few questions

1) is there a value for the diff settings, like m_front_brake_bias ?

2) how do i get the time difference to the car in front and behind the Players car ?

3) how do i get the actual Delta time from corrent time to best or last lap ?

4) is there a value for the fuel left (in laps) like displayed ingame ?

thanks

mrdezibel said:

Hi,

I am writing an app for a steering wheel display and I have encountered a few questions

2) how do i get the time difference to the car in front and behind the Players car ?

thanks

1) No. Culd use this as well.
    2) Calculate it :-)
    3) Save the last lap, compare against best lap, calculate the Delta
    4) No, you have to calculate it. 

Sys-Spec:
    edited September 2017
    mrdezibel said:

Hi,

thanks

1) No. Culd use this as well.
    2) Calculate it :-)
    3) Save the last lap, compare against best lap, calculate the Delta
    4) No, you have to calculate it. 

mhmm.. a pity :)

omg :-D

yes, i did so, tought there is a way to geht it from the game...

i compare the fuel in tank each time i cross the line and average it, but i do nit get the value the game Displays..

fuelusage = fuelold - m_fuel_in_tank

fuelold = m_fuel_in_tank

fuellaps = m_fuel_in_tank/fuelusage

any ideas to make it better ?

Average of a whole lap?
    I would use average per 100m travelled. Maybe average per 10m travelled. The higher the resolution, the more accurate. But you might take in account how accurate you can go before the calculations get to much time consuming.

Sys-Spec:

no, i averaged the consumption of all past laps

now i use only the last lap, works more accurate and i think the Resolution is high enough

i dont look every 100m how much fuel i have left :)