Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

2017 "What we tweeted was a factual description of events. No need to speculate on this" Malaysia GP

Comments

• JiggyJiggy Member Petrol Head
    Vettel might do a madness towards the end of the race.
  • ImDyingYouIdiotImDyingYouIdiot Member, Drivers Champion
    Forget about rain, we need a safety car dance. Also, Bottas is still bleeding useless.
    "I love ImDyingYouIdiot-senpai!" ♥‿♥ - Codemasters employee, who wanted to remain anonymous, but totally did say that

"ImDyingYouIdiot inspires us every day. Really, the only reason I get up every morning is to deliver him the perfect F1 experience." - Codemasters employee, who wanted to remain anonymous, but totally did say that

"It is not unreasonable to assume that ImDyingYouIdiot, who is no doubt an extremely intelligent and attractive specimen of a lad, experiences the pleasures of intercourse on a fairly regular basis." - Codemasters employee, who wanted to remain anonymous, but totally did say that
  • couger1981couger1981 Member Race Engineer
    Red bull making sure Ricciardo comes 3rd or 4th.
    Daniel Ricciardo Red Bull Racing 2018
    Member since 2011
    RIP Bianchi
    The Future is Now!

AMD AMX = BASED
    MAD MAX = BASED
    AMD AMX = BASED
    MAD MAX = BASED
    AMD AMX = BASED
    MAD MAX = BASED
    AMD AMX = BASED
    MAD MAX = BASED
    AMD AMX = BASED
    MAD MAX = BASED
    AMD AMX = BASED
    MAD MAX = BASED

• couger1981couger1981 Member Race Engineer
    Vettel set for a grid penalty in suzuka judging by the look of the gearbox.
    Daniel Ricciardo Red Bull Racing 2018
    Member since 2011
    RIP Bianchi
    The Future is Now!

• HughesyHughesy Member Champion
    edited October 2017
    Great win for Max, he deserved that win. Yet another track where Ferrari were a lot faster than Mercedes, even though supposedly these tracks don’t suit the Ferrari. 

Not sure what Vettel was doing after the race, where was Stroll meant to go, he just held his line and Vettel turned into him, how bizarre.

Edit: I was wrong, totally Strolls fault, my bad.
    Post edited by Hughesy on
    THANK GOD FOR THAT HEINEKEN-SPONSORSHIP, I'M SURE TO DRINK SEVERAL COLD ONE WITH THE BOYS BEFORE BECOMING A MENACE ON THE ROADS LIKE MAD MAX
    Nearly soiled myself laughing when I saw the Driver of the Day-graphic pop up at exactly that moment.
    edited October 2017
    Hughesy said:
    Great win for Max, he deserved that win. Yet another track where Ferrari were a lot faster than Mercedes, even though supposedly these tracks don’t suit the Ferrari. 

Not sure what Vettel was doing after the race, where was Stroll meant to go, he just held his line and Vettel turned into him, how bizarre.
    Look at it again, Seb holds his line and Stroll suddenly goes straight in the corner.

Would be helpful to have Stroll's onboard, of course.

"I love ImDyingYouIdiot-senpai!" ♥‿♥ - Codemasters employee, who wanted to remain anonymous, but totally did say that

"ImDyingYouIdiot inspires us every day. Really, the only reason I get up every morning is to deliver him the perfect F1 experience." - Codemasters employee, who wanted to remain anonymous, but totally did say that

"It is not unreasonable to assume that ImDyingYouIdiot, who is no doubt an extremely intelligent and attractive specimen of a lad, experiences the pleasures of intercourse on a fairly regular basis." - Codemasters employee, who wanted to remain anonymous, but totally did say that
  • GoldenColtGoldenColt Member Champion
    I know I'm gonna sound like a broken record, but Merc's pace is starting to worry me a lot. Yeah, the gap is now up to 34 pts, but let's face it, Vettel would have walked this one with Kimi in 2nd and Lewis in 4th at best if it wasn't for unreal luck for the reds. RB and Ferrari have made a step forward, Merc seems to have gone backwards. I won't panic until Suzuka, but it's worrying right now. Ferrari had the faster car in 3 of the last 4 races.
  • AMS97KRRAMS97KRR Member Race Engineer
    edited October 2017
    Surprisingly good result in the end, Ricciardo and Bottas couldn't touch their team mates. Honestly Bottas was awful, his worst performance by far.

And Stroll is an absolute moron, decided to just drive straight into the side of him. If Vettel is getting a penalty for that (gearbox), Stroll deserves a bigger one for being a tool.
    | 2016 CM Forum Predictor Game Champion! |
    | Manchester United |  Sebastian Vettel #5 | Kimi Raikkonen #7 |

https://streamable.com/bom3m

Yep, this is completely on Stroll. If Seb's gearbox is damaged, the FIA almost have to grant him a change without a penalty. What a Canadian muppet.

I know I'm gonna sound like a broken record, but Merc's pace is starting to worry me a lot. Yeah, the gap is now up to 34 pts, but let's face it, Vettel would have walked this one with Kimi in 2nd and Lewis in 4th at best if it wasn't for unreal luck for the reds. RB and Ferrari have made a step forward, Merc seems to have gone backwards. I won't panic until Suzuka, but it's worrying right now. Ferrari had the faster car in 3 of the last 4 races.
    This is almost like the forum equivalent of Mercedes-team radio's about possible mechanical failures when they're clearly set to win the race dominantly.

But I will have to say that I do think it's not unrealistic to be concerned. In terms of pace, Malaysia was unexpected and Bottas' start and Kimi's DNS + Vettel's quali-issues saved Hamilton from a much worse result, where you'd say naturally that Mercedes would dominate it. Next race is in a week, so if things remain the same, Ferrari could get a 1-2 and Red Bull could finish above Mercedes on pure merit and if this keeps up for the races following that, this championship might not be over after all.

As of right now, it's starting to look like the best packages are with Ferrari and Red Bull. And a deficit of 34(?) points is a lot easier to make up if Vettel grabs wins while Hamilton has to settle for 4th/5th places.

I'm not saying we're going to have to eat some humble pie just yet, but I'm saying you can start coming up with a recipe though.
  • AMS97KRRAMS97KRR Member Race Engineer
    If the Ferrari is indeed a better car and Red Bull are able to beat Merc even a couple of times, we really could see a great last 5 races. 

As a pessimist however, I just can't bring myself to get to hopeful ;)
    | 2016 CM Forum Predictor Game Champion! |
    | Manchester United |  Sebastian Vettel #5 | Kimi Raikkonen #7 |

Yep, this is completely on Stroll. If Seb's gearbox is damaged, the FIA almost have to grant him a change without a penalty. What a Canadian muppet.
    Fair play, I was wrong, hadn’t seen that angle before, totally Strolls fault. Wasn’t really a need to angrily disagree my post though.
  • afrodude41afrodude41 Member, Drivers Pit Crew

Wow that onboard from the other car just really shows it, Lancey boy going on a Stroll to Narnia or something?
    YouTube - Afro's Racing | Twitter - @afrosracing | PSN - afroripper98
    And yet the stewards have said no further action, that’s not going to go down well at all.
  • VetteIfanVetteIfan Member Race Engineer
    Hughesy said:
    Fair play, I was wrong, hadn’t seen that angle before, totally Strolls fault. Wasn’t really a need to angrily disagree my post though.
    The reaction button's are there for a reason and that's to show our opinion to the post if we feel we want to. If it's a big issue though I'll remove mine now, given you've seen the light. 

I'm just depressed, this weekend could've been everything for Ferrari and it's yielded a 4th place. I'm not bothered about "damage limitation". 

In the cold light of this season I will see it's been a good one for Ferrari. They've surpassed all the expectations that we all had going in to the season, and there's been some great moments. But right now I just want it to end. 
    I understand that, but at least argue the point first, that’s what a discussion is for   ;) 
    After seeing that angle I can’t understand the stewards doing nothing about it..

To lighten the mood, here’s my dog watching F1, he literally watched the whole race as he loves fast moving objects :joy: The picture is a bit dark