Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Do you think they will use an excuse?

Comments

• MiatakiasGRMiatakiasGR Member Pit Crew
    Slowish said:
    PC2 weather / Live-track is really interesting and fun to explore but, many of the cars are just way too stable as is. It seems to suffer from some of the same issues as Dirt4 does in regard to grip levels.  There is no sense of throttle feathering needed out of turns  -  just stomp the gas and go, no worries at all. Even in rain, the grip levels are not reduced that much unless on slicks, then it's drastically different as - should be expected.  I feel PC2 can be a good racing game, I just don't feel it's up to a refined Simulation level but, it depends what you want from your game.

The RallyX in PC2 can be fun but, the cars default setup has the suspension setup too soft and the cars tend to over-rotate quite easlily. Once tamed down a bit, they handle much better and I did get a better feeling through the FFB using one of Jack Spade's custom DD-wheel setups and that aspect of PC2 is much improved over PC1.

I agree that PC2 has way too much grip but i love the handling... Also the in RX the cars bounce like crazy pigs offroad but overall its good and they have not this "on rails" feeling as in Dirt rally - Dirt 4...
  • MrDeapMrDeap Member Pit Crew
    edited October 2017
    I kind of understand somehow the definition of a simulator. It's about the feeling of weight & being glued to the road while using real numbers.

The problem is that you don't get authentic handling with current simulator & will still not give you authentic driving experience racing at the limit.

The worst part about sim racing is car setup which many variable that could have been removed & be largely simplified. Each change in variable affect the alignment thus can lead to drastic lost of cornering speed capability.

Sure it make the setup less realistic if simplified, but shouldn't even be there for gamers as we aren't engineer. There should be an option for auto alignment & auto tire pressure in the setup in every simulators. GRID Autosport make a lot of sense there.

Pretend Race cars:
    " his in a laser scanned track should at least amount to a lap time more or less within the ballpark. Sure, thousands of laps of practice in a perfect virtual track will usually allow a slightly faster lap time, but not six seconds’ worth. find it funny the whole “Formula One 2017 is simcade” debate, when the “serious” sims can’t even get something as basic as these elements correct"
    Sabertooth X79|Core i7 3930K 4.3GHz|Zalman CNPS12X|Kingston HyperX 8X4GB CL9|Gigabytes 980Ti G1 6GB|14TB storage|X-Fi Titanium HD|SuperNOVA 1300 G2|Corsair 800D
  • bobbie424242bobbie424242 Member New Car Smell
    edited October 2017
    Sorry, but WRC 7 is truly awful. Even though it does have better stages and cars than DiRT 4, the game has a whole bunch of technical problems
    Nope, WR7 is not awful and does not have a bunch of technical problems. It had stuttering for some people but this has been fixed by the latest patch. Still, I'd rate SLRE higher than WRC, for its better physics.
  • KevMKevM Member Champion
    The only complaint I have about WRC 7, is the force feedback & poor wheel settings.  If you look past those, it’s a pretty decent Rally game!
  • dgeesi0dgeesi0 Member Champion
    as with any game you need to set your wheel up right.so many dont and then say the game handles badly.wrc 7 after messing and finding the right settings is a very good game. problem is many buy games on steam have 2 hrs to decide if its worth keeping or getting their money back.

you wont get wrc 7 right in 2 hrs.i guarantee you that.

as for have the team lied to us they obviously cant tell us everything so all we are doing is ranting about things we dont know.i do honestly think though they knew the game was no dirt rally. especially when you look back to launch and see what has been said about since. literally nothing. also that on the game day release was almost apologizing for some things not being right. we know about these issues so on and so on.none of the real issues fixed but how can you really fix yourstage ? its literally the game isnt it.

as i said before should of just marketed it as Dirt 4 said its not dirt rally.many wouldnt of kicked up such a fuss. please whatever you do get the real stages back for the next game as your stage has no real place in Dirt games with how it is for many a year yet.even then it should only be part of the game not the whole event list. real events are king.so some one needs to get those events .
    Yeah, the “Epic” stages in WRC 7, are that - Epic.  It’s not just the length either, but the sense of travelling through different areas in one long stage.   

Once the wheel feel is right, you can really push hard and use the car movement & momentum to slide & position the car like you could in DiRT Rally.  It’s a really great challenge & hard to master
  • dirt3joedirt3joe Member Petrol Head
    dirt3joe said:
    From what I can tell Dirt 4 sales don't look that great, so you've got to ask the question whether DLC is worthwhile.

I think a dlc pack for Dirt Rally which has the autostage generator, or the two new environments (spain and mitchegan) as dlc for dirt rally makes much more business sense. Dirt Rally has a much stronger following than Dirt 4 atm as far as I can tell.
    That is completely wrong, Dirt 4 surpassed DR sales and I'm sick of people suggesting this thinking its sooo easy to just implement new technology into an old game. It won't happen. the only thing I agree with is that DR has a stronger following.
    No need to get sick because noone suggested it would be easy, simply commercially viable. Also note the "OR". Do you think it would be that difficult to do new stages for Dirt Rally as well ?

I'd like to see some publicly available evidence that Dirt 4 is selling better than Dirt Rally. Some of the charting websites have their issues, but it's possible to get a general feeling of how they are going and accommodate things like lack of inclusion of digital sales. Probably wise to consider 
    profitability as well as simple sales volumes.
  • XSimpleHuman04XSimpleHuman04 Member New Car Smell
    Quote from DiRT facebook posted on 25th of September: "we'll have some more news on forthcoming patches and functionality soon! Stay tuned"

Don't hold your breath guys :)
  • mkgamernfsmkgamernfs Member New Car Smell
    Sorry, but WRC 7 is truly awful. Even though it does have better stages and cars than DiRT 4, the game has a whole bunch of technical problems
    Nope, WR7 is not awful and does not have a bunch of technical problems. It had stuttering for some people but this has been fixed by the latest patch. Still, I'd rate SLRE higher than WRC, for its better physics.
    The massive stuttering killed the game for me, it was barely playable on my computer even though it surpasses the minimum requirements by a long shot. Lots of people had this issue and the patch came 11 days after the game was released, which is way too late. It's a shame because the game itself is a huge improvement over the previous 6 games, but the fact that it was a broken mess at launch ruined the whole experience for me: https://pretendracecars.net/2017/09/15/wrc-7-is-also-spectacularly-broken/ 

The Tranceporter

If 11 days is way too late, what does that say for DiRT 4?  Just curious....
    Dirt 4 didn't have such problems to begin with...

The Tranceporter

• JepserttiJepsertti Member Petrol Head
    Dirt 4 didn't have such problems to begin with...
    It kind of did and still does (but in a different form): on some PC’s (like mine...) having a wheel plugged in while playing causes frame-skipping every 3-5 seconds and that problem disappears when I unplug my wheel and play with a keyboard instead. Despite there being a thread about it in Technical Support after launch and Codemasters responding to the thread the problem still exists. Surprisingly I was one of the few people who didn’t have any kind of problems with WRC 7 after launch though.

Here’s the stuttering issue thread that I was talking about btw: 
    http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/52977/dirt-4-pc-stutter-60fps
    PC: Intel Core i7-2600 3.8GHz ASUS ROG Strix GTX 1070 O8G Gaming 8GB | 16GB DDR3 RAM | Samsung 850 Evo 250GB SSD | 2TB HDD Windows 10 Pro
    Wheel: Logitech G27 with custom rally rim | DSD steering wheel adapter | DSD longer shifter paddles | Modded brake
    Others: DSD Sequential shifter Rally seat Phone stand behind the wheel (for dashboard) Samsung 42" Full HD LED 3D TV

Steam username: JJBruce

edited October 2017
    I know about this issue, but I never had it myself because I played both games with keyboard (because my PS3 controller didn't work with either of them).

The Tranceporter

• madwakmadwak Member Wheel Nut
    Slowish said:
    PC2 weather / Live-track is really interesting and fun to explore but, many of the cars are just way too stable as is. It seems to suffer from some of the same issues as Dirt4 does in regard to grip levels.  There is no sense of throttle feathering needed out of turns  -  just stomp the gas and go, no worries at all. Even in rain, the grip levels are not reduced that much unless on slicks, then it's drastically different as - should be expected.  I feel PC2 can be a good racing game, I just don't feel it's up to a refined Simulation level but, it depends what you want from your game.

The RallyX in PC2 can be fun but, the cars default setup has the suspension setup too soft and the cars tend to over-rotate quite easlily. Once tamed down a bit, they handle much better and I did get a better feeling through the FFB using one of Jack Spade's custom DD-wheel setups and that aspect of PC2 is much improved over PC1.

You must have missed the report about the bug with the ABS and traction control? If you have authentic set in the assists menu the assists are on even if you have them turned off in the other menu, the only way to turn them off is change from authentic to none. I've been playing it since release and can assure you there is not way too much grip and you do have to feather the throttle going round the corners with most cars.
  • SlowishSlowish Member Wheel Nut
    madwak said:
    Slowish said:

You must have missed the report about the bug with the ABS and traction control? If you have authentic set in the assists menu the assists are on even if you have them turned off in the other menu, the only way to turn them off is change from authentic to none. I've been playing it since release and can assure you there is not way too much grip and you do have to feather the throttle going round the corners with most cars.

The first thing I did was to turn all assists off (none). It doesn't change my opinion, too much grip for my liking. Try driving AC / rF2 / AMS the same way and see what happens. There are very few cars in PC2 that don't have exaggerated grip levels using the default "loose" setup - which isn't really loose at all when the back stays planted all the time. PC1 was much the same although, the improved FFB does communicate the handling a bit better.

I'm not saying PC2 isn't a Sim; it's just not in the same way as the others mentioned.

PC Mobo MSi Z270 Pro / CPU Intel i7-7700k @4.2 ghz / RAM G.Skills RipJaws 32GB DDR4 / OS Windows 10 / GPU Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC2 / Audio SoundBlaster ZX / Tactile OB Realtek (Extensions) / SB Audigy (Chassis) / Control AccuForce / OSW Mige (10k) SimuCube / CSS SQ / CST F1 Pedals / Displays 27" triples / Oculus CV-1

• boganibogani Member Champion
    Only tried the RX briefly in PC2. Not sure if I missed something in setup but there are really zero lateral grip when you hit the gravel, like you are driving on slicks.
  • zeroundersteerzeroundersteer Member Unleaded
    edited October 2017
    bogani said:
    Only tried the RX briefly in PC2. Not sure if I missed something in setup but there are really zero lateral grip when you hit the gravel, like you are driving on slicks.

I've encountered the exact same issue only to discover you'll need to load the "Rallycross" setup or otherwise you'll be running a setup only suitable for road/track use.
    Personally i felt the cars to be too soft and to loose a lot of grip under braking. but stiffening ARB and dampers made them drive amazingly well. Watching the replays of RX and RX Lite cars in particular really felt like watching the real deal.

Btw: can anyone recommend FFB settings for WRC7? Tried it yesterday and it felt terrible.
    bogani said:

I've encountered the exact same issue only to discover you'll need to load the "Rallycross" setup or otherwise you'll be running a setup only suitable for road/track use.
    Personally i felt the cars to be too soft and to loose a lot of grip under braking. but stiffening ARB and dampers made them drive amazingly well. Watching the replays of RX and RX Lite cars in particular really felt like watching the real deal.

Btw: can anyone recommend FFB settings for WRC7? Tried it yesterday and it felt terrible.
    Ok. Interesting. Thanks.

WRC7, what wheel do you use?
  • zeroundersteerzeroundersteer Member Unleaded
    bogani said:
    bogani said:

Ok. Interesting. Thanks.

T300
    bogani said:
    bogani said:

Ok. Interesting. Thanks.

T300

I use a T500 so I guess that is a bit stronger, but you will never get WRC7 good FFB wise. I got it to feel manageable at best.

Disable damper in profile, spring should however be activated. I also use 540 degrees in profiler, calibrate in game after that.

Steering sensitivity at 45-50 in game. Remove all fake vibrations and put it FFB strength to 35-50. Maybe you want it stronger, I'm not sure about the T300.

I find that the forces seems a bit off, that is why I want the FFB to be felt but not very strong.