Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

The Sports Update patch - 1.8 for consoles, 1.9 for PC - Discussion Thread - UPDATED 13/10

Comments

• BDavid19BDavid19 Member New Car Smell
    I only have 1 question.  The Cars performance update is now more or less current Real Life performace, or just a Silverstone performance update?
  • stephensmattleestephensmattlee Member Wheel Nut
    Wow, what can I say? This looks absolutely awesome. Very well done Codemasters. Very pleased to hear about the safety car fixes as well, afraid to say I was one of those that thought maybe it was a bug that could never be fixed after it not being squished in previous patches/releases. 
    Very glad to be proved wrong :smiley:
  • sirio994sirio994 Member Wheel Nut
    BDavid19 said:
    I only have 1 question.  The Cars performance update is now more or less current Real Life performace, or just a Silverstone performance update?
    I was wandering the same. I'm looking foward to see how they handled the Mercedes-Ferrari duel. I don't know if there's a reliability/consistency code. Hope for some nerfing of Kimi and Valtteri...

Kimi for sure needed a nerf and the gap between Lewis and Valtteri is getting bigger and bigger...

Kimi and Valtteri should be fighting with Red Bulls not Seb and Lewis
  • smudger1982smudger1982 Member New Car Smell
    Any clarification on the McLaren teammate bug were he don't get the same upgrades and is visibly slower in race pace than you. if this is in the patch notes but worded differently I apologise in advance. I must say Great work guys can't wait to get this up and running.
  • CavSTiagoCavSTiago Member Co-Driver
    edited October 10
    The patch is available now on Steam? I'm don't get download yet...
  • Driver74Driver74 Member Unleaded
    @ Jennyannem 

In our league race's on Xbox One, some guys, included me,  have problems with the screen. The picture have strong tremble. At some corners it is so strong, that we cant find the breakpoint.

Please tell me, what can we do ? 
  • stephensmattleestephensmattlee Member Wheel Nut
    edited October 10
    Probably safe to assume the patch is out of CM hands and now in the process of being approved and made available on the various consoles and PC? Ie Sony and Microsoft for approval?
  • Leader2011Leader2011 Member Unleaded
    This is grate news and just as I predicted that the next patch was going to to address bug fixes as well as new features. I especially look forward to the new Photo Mode - bring it! 
    Shame it has not addressed the ghost car issues affects all platforms.
  • cheekymunkey78cheekymunkey78 Member New Car Smell
    It's downloading, it's downloading.
    Looking
    My body is not too short I am 6ft 3"
  • mantazzomantazzo Member, Drivers Pit Crew
    Patch is now live on PC, 2.4GB. Looking forward to testing it out later today.
    [LTU] Mantaz - mantazzo - Mantas
    F1 2016 - F1 2017 Beta Tester [PC]
  • auroborosauroboros Member Wheel Nut
    Awesome!

A certain thing is now an inch or so too short.
  • KevRusskiKevRusski Member Wheel Nut
    edited October 11
    http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/58711/first-league-race-bugs-galore-it-gets-more-disappointing#latest

@jennyannem
    @F1Support

Have any of these been fixed? See first post by me which also links in to a previous list of bugs.

I don't mean to be a drama queen but I'm looking for all of these to be rectified before I entertain putting the game back on and starting our racing league.
    Post edited by KevRusski on
  • KevRusskiKevRusski Member Wheel Nut
    Any clarification on the McLaren teammate bug were he don't get the same upgrades and is visibly slower in race pace than you. if this is in the patch notes but worded differently I apologise in advance. I must say Great work guys can't wait to get this up and running.

let's see if the massive desyncs, false pit penalties,  phantom solid cars around track,  tyre selection error etc etc etc are still all there before we get too excited. I will be amazed if this is smooth as you imagine.
  • Driver74Driver74 Member Unleaded
    @ Jennyannem 

I forget to ask for very important bug, who breaks league racing.
    In qualifying and race, the costume setup change to a default setup.
    How long we must wait for a fix for this bug ?
  • Cherry2pieCherry2pie Member New Car Smell
    Any idea when it will be released on PS4?
  • auroborosauroboros Member Wheel Nut
    Yeah to be honest if the medium traction control has been changed to what it was like in previous years then many many pad players will be angry as hell. Noone asked for this except people complaining about assists being overpowered against wheel. The majority dont play in leagues and certainly don't own wheels. Dumb move if this is the case, i can envisage the onslaught of complaints to follow.
  • JuanCarMRJuanCarMR Member Wheel Nut
    @jennyannem @F1Support
    I do not understand really well...
    The patch of consoles will be 1.8 but, which are the 1.8 notes??? because like I understand that that notes are for 1.9 patch for pc...
  • kentalikentali Member New Car Smell
    auroboros said:
    Yeah to be honest if the medium traction control has been changed to what it was like in previous years then many many pad players will be angry as hell. Noone asked for this except people complaining about assists being overpowered against wheel. The majority dont play in leagues and certainly don't own wheels. Dumb move if this is the case, i can envisage the onslaught of complaints to follow.
    Exactly what i think ,i hope they didn´t do it.
  • steviejay69steviejay69 Member Pit Crew
    Come back with actual bugs that aren’t fixed with proof after 1.9.

Drama queens is right.
    You'll find me at apexonlineracing.com
    S14 F1 '17 F7 Car: Ferrari Team-mate: Partyfuchs
    PC: i7-4770|8GB|GTX970 4GB|Win10x64|Logitech G920 (GTEye Spring Mod)/G430 Headset|GTOmega Pro Rig