Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

"Balanced Medium Traction Control"

What on earth!? Don't change this Codemasters! Medium traction control is hard enough on a pad as it is, and now slowing us down/making it even harder is definitely a step in the wrong direction! 

Comments

• no1freakno1freak Member New Car Smell
    Did anybody check if this is the case?

had no time today, to download the update. 
  • FRACTUREDFRACTURED Member, Drivers Champion
    edited October 10
    What if they are making it easier to be comparatively faster with Medium TCS? 

Can they make the change then?
    You remember when you first came to my office? I asked you, "Do you want to be an eagle, or do you want to be a **** bird?" And you said "I want to be an eagle".
    You got to be what you say you're going to be, which you aren't.
    You got to do what you say you're going to do, which you haven't.
    Our best driver in the league is racing with TC off and is about 0.5s faster than the others with medium TC. He also isn’t as fast as he is, when he sets the TC to Medium. 

So I think they should have made it faster with TC Medium. 

Everything else would be a shame. 
  • EdvarEdvar Member New Car Smell
    I’m a pad player using medium TC and did a career race.  I did not find the handling any different as well as lap times.  Difficult to say what changed here. 
    jayp666 said:
    Have it ever come to your mind that you're maybe confounding manoeuvrability with speed?

If people with medium tc are faster than those without assist, I don't see why it shouldn't be fixed. No assist means you can push car to the limit which is also true in real life, so why on earth would you want the opposite?

Codemasters are better placed than you to judge if something was wrong in their coding from a technical standpoint. If leaderboards were not fair, it's even more justified.

I see everyones over the forum complaining like drama queens and yet, Codemasters haven't even  explained what this patch note means. Can we actually wait for an official statement and see if it make sense or not, damn.
    In our League it is the other way round. 

The one without TC is 0.5 faster than the ones with medium. 
    And he can’t even beat his own time with TC Medium. 

To give you a clue what I’m talking about. 

1:18.1xxx in Q (Barcelona) without TC. 
    1:18.5 in Q with TC Medium. 

Rules set to strict. 

GN8
  • CofferCoffer Member Pit Crew
    no1freak said:
    jayp666 said:
    Have it ever come to your mind that you're maybe confounding manoeuvrability with speed?

If people with medium tc are faster than those without assist, I don't see why it shouldn't be fixed. No assist means you can push car to the limit which is also true in real life, so why on earth would you want the opposite?

Codemasters are better placed than you to judge if something was wrong in their coding from a technical standpoint. If leaderboards were not fair, it's even more justified.

I see everyones over the forum complaining like drama queens and yet, Codemasters haven't even  explained what this patch note means. Can we actually wait for an official statement and see if it make sense or not, damn.

Rules set to strict. 

GN8
    It's very possible that all of your league members aren't actually good enough to exploit the TC, and that your fastest guy can't do it because he's used to driving without it.
  • FRACTUREDFRACTURED Member, Drivers Champion

no1freak said:
    jayp666 said:

Rules set to strict. 

GN8

And is there no downside to him running TCS OFF such as inconsistency? 

Because wow if this is the case something really needs to change. It's a complete joke.

You should all immediately switch to TCS OFF.
    You remember when you first came to my office? I asked you, "Do you want to be an eagle, or do you want to be a **** bird?" And you said "I want to be an eagle".
    You got to be what you say you're going to be, which you aren't.
    You got to do what you say you're going to do, which you haven't.
  • mantazzomantazzo Member, Drivers Pit Crew
    To be honest, I like the changes. Surprisingly. I'm currently on TC Medium, and I felt like I had slightly more traction out of the corners (harder to lose backend), but it feels like bogging down is in effect, which I don't mind at all - this does suggest not using assists, which is great IMO. (After all, Full TC Bog's down seriously...)
    [LTU] Mantaz - mantazzo - Mantas
    F1 2016 - F1 2017 Beta Tester [PC]
  • attiew1988attiew1988 Member New Car Smell
    Did someone test the TC MEDUIM yet to see whats the time differents now as what it was before
  • sirio994sirio994 Member Wheel Nut
    I think you guys have a bad concept of tc control. As i intend rebalancing they made it easier (what it should be) and less performing.

Medium should be in the middle between full and no assists. Should help the user at 50% making the car easier to control but slower compared to  no assists....

The more they make it harder the more it performs better in terms of lap times. I don't think this is the case.
  • 7thGearRL7thGearRL Member, Drivers Wheel Nut
    Medium TC has been way too fast up until this point. Look at the leaderboards, from someone who races no assists in an assist league, it needs to be balanced and made slower than no TC like on F1 2017
  • Armando17Armando17 Member New Car Smell
    So did anyone tested the TC medium in this 1.9?
    Is it more slower? 
  • LilBrown47LilBrown47 Member Wheel Nut
    edited October 12
    No assists should always be faster, especially as irl the drivers don't have any "assists" to help them rustle their F1 cars around the track, that's a no brainer.

Also, why should someone that paid time and effort into becoming a no assists driver be penalized for not using TC?

Isn't the reason to have TC in a racing game to make you drive on rails?

Or should it make you magically just as fast as someone that drives without it?

If so, where's the sense of competition here?

--------------------

Breaking News

-NBA officials decided to lower the basket to 1,8 m so that everyone can now be a part of the sport, the joy and support by professional teams and stars was outstanding, Stephen Curry / Kevin Durant / LeBron James and the likes of such a high level of players got demoted for being too good.

-NFL officials decided to forbid physical tackles and made the ball round so that everyone can now be a part of the sport, the American youth has finally started to regularly take football courses as the high standards dropped to a alltime low, medical experts are delighted.

-FIFA officials decided to lower the standards of physical fitness to a quarter, old and overweight 40 - 60 year old men finally can now chase their dreams of scoring a goal at Old Trafford and Camp Nou, females are becoming more and more important in building the perfect squad and big stars as Louisa Necib (France) / Marta (Brazil) / Alxandra Popp (Germany) / Hope Solo (USA) have joined Bayern München to play alongside Robben / Ribery / Müller / Neuer etc.

-FIA officials decided to reduce race distances to a quarter and have agreed on slowing down all vehicles of all motorsports by half whilst increasing the maximum driver weight allowed to a healthy 98kg, middle aged overweight people and or females now can easily join and participate in any racing division, Eric Boullier becomes the first chubby F1 driver in history, Claire Williams becomes the first pregnant F1 driver of all time and Niki Lauda makes a stunning comeback, drivers deemed to be too fast are being demoted to the role of test driving for safety purposes.

#PowerToTheWeak
    #EqualityOfOutcomeRules
    #FiretruckElitism
    #MUHCASUALPRIVILEGEREEEEE

/s
    No assists should always be faster, especially as irl the drivers don't have any "assists" to help them rustle their F1 cars around the track, that's a no brainer.

Also, why should someone that paid time and effort into becoming a no assists driver be penalized for not using TC?

Isn't the reason to have TC in a racing game to make you drive on rails?

Or should it make you magically just as fast as someone that drives without it?

If so, where's the sense of competition here?

--------------------

Breaking News

-NBA officials decided to lower the basket to 1,8 m so that everyone can now be a part of the sport, the joy and support by professional teams and stars was outstanding, Stephen Curry / Kevin Durant / LeBron James and the likes of such a high level of players got demoted for being too good.

-NFL officials decided to forbid physical tackles and made the ball round so that everyone can now be a part of the sport, the American youth has finally started to regularly take football courses as the high standards dropped to a alltime low, medical experts are delighted.

-FIFA officials decided to lower the standards of physical fitness to a quarter, old and overweight 40 - 60 year old men finally can now chase their dreams of scoring a goal at Old Trafford and Camp Nou, females are becoming more and more important in building the perfect squad and big stars as Louisa Necib (France) / Marta (Brazil) / Alxandra Popp (Germany) / Hope Solo (USA) have joined Bayern München to play alongside Robben / Ribery / Müller / Neuer etc.

-FIA officials decided to reduce race distances to a quarter and have agreed on slowing down all vehicles of all motorsports by half whilst increasing the maximum driver weight allowed to a healthy 98kg, middle aged overweight people and or females now can easily join and participate in any racing division, Eric Boullier becomes the first chubby F1 driver in history, Claire Williams becomes the first pregnant F1 driver of all time and Niki Lauda makes a stunning comeback, drivers deemed to be too fast are being demoted to the role of test driving for safety purposes.

#PowerToTheWeak
    #EqualityOfOutcomeRules
    #FiretruckElitism
    #MUHCASUALPRIVILEGEREEEEE

/s
    The thing is, that if you can handle the TC off, you ARE ALWAYS FASTER than the one with Medium. 

For or one reason, nothing is going to lower your power on curve exit when your wheels spin. Also on the curbs. Full throttle = full power. With tc on or medium: half power. 

The only „advantage“ Driving with TC is, that you’re car won’t spin. But tc off is always faster. And that is how it is in this game and always was. 
  • lolschrauberlolschrauber Member Race Steward
    no1freak said:
    The thing is, that if you can handle the TC off, you ARE ALWAYS FASTER than the one with Medium. 

For or one reason, nothing is going to lower your power on curve exit when your wheels spin. Also on the curbs. Full throttle = full power. With tc on or medium: half power. 

The only „advantage“ Driving with TC is, that you’re car won’t spin. But tc off is always faster. And that is how it is in this game and always was. 
    I doubt you're always faster. Especially rain can be hard as balls sometimes.
    Using T-Cam is bad. And you should feel bad.