Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

The Sports Update patch - 1.8 for consoles, 1.9 for PC - Discussion Thread - UPDATED 13/10

Comments

• ROGERALGEBRAROGERALGEBRA Member New Car Smell
    Public online is unplayable. Crashing  the game during the race all the time.
  • RubelioRubelio Member New Car Smell
    Ansioso para ver essas atualizaçoes no xbox! 
  • MaxsirmanMaxsirman Member New Car Smell
    Rubelio said:
    Ansioso para ver essas atualizaçoes no xbox!

Amigo utiliza inglés en este foro, sino  no te van a entender
  • CofferCoffer Member Pit Crew
    Raalte said:
    Coffer said:
    Raalte said:
    Coffer said:
    I don`t believe you guys are arguing so much because of 3 letters in the paint of the car, when we still have a serious problem in the gameplay yet, which is the McLaren team-mate upgrade.
    There was never any hope of the fix making it in in this patch. It was reported much too late. This, on the other hand, was something people expected to be functional in this patch.

It was posted on the 19th of September. The day 1.7 released on PS4. That's early enough. Also noted by @F1Support on the 25th. That's more than 2 weeks ago.
    2 weeks is not enough for getting approval on a large-scale project like this, hence my point.

Why need approval? It's a bug, something that should have been right at release. It was posted 3 weeks ago. Right after the patch that should have fixed was released.
    Ah, the joys of not having the slightest clue how game development works. And no, it's 2 weeks. The starting point is when they noticed it, not when it was posted.
  • RaalteRaalte Member Co-Driver
    Coffer said:
    Raalte said:
    Coffer said:
    Raalte said:
    Coffer said:
    I don`t believe you guys are arguing so much because of 3 letters in the paint of the car, when we still have a serious problem in the gameplay yet, which is the McLaren team-mate upgrade.
    There was never any hope of the fix making it in in this patch. It was reported much too late. This, on the other hand, was something people expected to be functional in this patch.

It was posted on the 19th of September. The day 1.7 released on PS4. That's early enough. Also noted by @F1Support on the 25th. That's more than 2 weeks ago.
    2 weeks is not enough for getting approval on a large-scale project like this, hence my point.

Why need approval? It's a bug, something that should have been right at release. It was posted 3 weeks ago. Right after the patch that should have fixed was released.
    Ah, the joys of not having the slightest clue how game development works. And no, it's 2 weeks. The starting point is when they noticed it, not when it was posted.

How about you explain it you allknowing almighty 
  • CofferCoffer Member Pit Crew
    edited October 12
    Raalte said:
    Coffer said:
    Raalte said:
    Coffer said:
    Raalte said:
    Coffer said:

How about you explain it you allknowing almighty 
    You can't work on something without having the necessary approval. End of. For small things like that, especially in the middle of finishing up a bigger patch, two weeks is not enough. As a programmer in any serious company, you're almost never going to work on a specific small thing you want to work on.

And don't get me started on the actual development and testing process, even for something as small as this.
  • KevRusskiKevRusski Member Wheel Nut
    edited October 12
    Apparently, its still borked online, most of the bugs I reported and got no response from are still there and make it a mess. 

There's a new bug where online your custom set up changes back to a default setup.  League racing is just not possible how many weeks on!

Could codies PM on how I can get a full shop refund?

@jennyannem
    @F1Support

Honestly.......
  • JensonbartleyJensonbartley Member New Car Smell
    Acerees said:
    Can anyone take a picture of the vehicle car performance table of the aero, chassis, and engine before the 1.8 update and after to see if there has been a change. We t to see how much the mclaren has improved. Because even with the fully upgraded engine the other teams are still getting faster as they put there upgrades on. 
    It's already on here.
    Where is this then .
  • TAKIINOUETAKIINOUE Member New Car Smell
     Is this patch available on X-Box One or are we still being treated as third class customers? Why not release all three of the patches the very day that you get approval from Sony and Microsoft? 
  • larryllarryl Member Pit Crew
    TAKIINOUE said:
     Is this patch available on X-Box One or are we still being treated as third class customers? Why not release all three of the patches the very day that you get approval from Sony and Microsoft? 

bulls**t, they send it for aproval all together. Microsoft is the one u should talk to, they taken a shameless amount of time to approve.
    F1-2017 Beta Tester - League Driver - Thrustmaster T150 - PlaySeat Evolution White - PS4 - No Assists
  • TAKIINOUETAKIINOUE Member New Car Smell
    larryl said:

bulls**t, they send it for aproval all together. Microsoft is the one u should talk to, they taken a shameless amount of time to approve.

I'm not talking about the day they send it for approval, but the day they release it to the public. That should be when both Microsoft and Sony have approved the patch and not before, or you do feel like a third rate customer. 
  • patronaspatronas Member Unleaded
    Wouldent be surprised if doesnt get sorted at all after all in 2016 the left part of the racing line going threw an building and that would of probleys been the easiest thiing to sort out in the game 
  • singuangosinguango Member New Car Smell
    Day 17 Parche ps4 day 20 for Xbox one
  • MaRcEl1993SeLMaRcEl1993SeL Member New Car Smell
    17th oktober ps4?!?! Where do yo have this information from?
    personal and safe sources also internal are only 6 days quiet
  • MaRcEl1993SeLMaRcEl1993SeL Member New Car Smell
    Singuango what are you saying with this infos?! And where do you habe your informations from
  • AcereesAcerees Member Wheel Nut
    KevRusski said:
    Apparently, its still borked online, most of the bugs I reported and got no response from are still there and make it a mess. 

There's a new bug where online your custom set up changes back to a default setup.  League racing is just not possible how many weeks on!

Could codies PM on how I can get a full shop refund?

@jennyannem
    @F1Support

Honestly.......
    It's a complete disgrace how codies have treated this guy,he went out of his way to provide them with footage that they could of easily replicated themselves but were too lazy to,and then just flat out ignore him! All your empty promises codies about communicating with your customers,you should hang your heads in shame you just show a complete lack of respect for people trying to help you make the game functional.Like what does @F1Support even do? 
    Communication can't improve overnight.  Oh wait yes it can because all they have to do is acknowledge our measly existence... I feel like an ant and codies are the kid with the magnifying glass try to burn us.  Actually no I don't ... no the ants are being acknowledged by the kid!  I feel like a character from the human centipede... codies are the front human and we are all somewhere after that!
    I can not reveal the sources but this is it I assure you it will be worth the wait