Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

WRC 2018 Thread

Comments

• juu1iusjuu1ius Member Race Steward
    https://www.facebook.com/voiceofrally/videos/831574633671868/ Colin Clarck and David Evans interviewed Seb. Intresting and quite open talks,  not as arrogant and bossy as many think he is. Horrible sound quality thou  :/
  • DytutDytut Member Team Principal
    Yeah that was a much more laid back interview than I expected :-)
    Arete or 43. M. Andersson on steam/leaderboards.

• ScyyScyy Member Co-Driver
    Honestly I always got the vibe that Ogier is a good guy. Sure he's cocky but when you're the best you get a little bit of leeway with that. I mean just look at what he did for Tanak in Poland last year when he just missed his maiden win. A crummy person wouldn't have done that.
    The Hypno Toad on Leaderboards
  • AreyoubenAreyouben Member Race Steward
    Weird thing is that he seemed a lot more cocky to me long before he got world champion and he got more and more chill over the last couple of years.
    I've seldom seen him as particularly cocky, but his constant whining about road position has left a mark :-P

Looks like Wales is a wet, muddy and cold this year. Proper rally then :-D

• RallyDrivenRallyDriven Member Champion
    Can’t wait! Heading off to Wales after work tomorrow, then getting up nice and early Thursday morning for shakedown! Then Friday Saturday and possibly Sunday stages and/or podium in Llandudno! I’ve got my camera packed, so I should have some videos on Monday
  • DiRTKiNG808DiRTKiNG808 Member Race Steward
    Sounds good to me. I love a good Motorsport weekend. I'm really hoping the the Fiestas can get at least one more win this season.
    Wonder how Wales is going to pan out. The only one I can think of that will take a measured approach is perhaps Ogier, but he will want to snatch the drivers title so he doesn't want to lose more than 8 points to Neuville or 7 to Tänak. 

My hope is up for Østberg getting a podium, hope he can get a trouble free event (but his car breaking down before the test doesn't bode well :-P ). Would also be nice to see Paddon get through without any car troubles.

• Monkeyman707Monkeyman707 Member Unleaded
    Paddons fuming about the Hyundai driver line up according to an interview with the paper here in New Zealand. Apparently the team hasn't even talked to the drivers about the plans for next year, and it sounds like they are still going three cars at this point. Sounds like a crappy situation all round really. Being in a bad head space wont be good going into rally wales.
    It will be very interesting to see how this progresses given how much Paddon does for Hyundai particularly here in NZ. 
  • tbtstttbtstt Member Champion
    I'd like to see Ogier take at least one more win this year to really "earn" the title. Wales looks like it's going to be epic though, wish I was going to be there!

"If In Doubt, Flat Out!"

Shakedown times are trickling in. As usual not saying too much, but Elfyn's times are encouraging for him :-) Both him and DMACK seem to feel that Wales is the event where their tyres will shine.

Holy. ****. ****. Those cars are fast. Videos don’t do it justice. The corner speeds are unreal!
    I'll be keeping tabs on the WRC2 class this rally also, will be a real fight with all those very talented drivers. Hope it'll stay tight and not be a 1 minute gap between them as happen way too often.

• juu1iusjuu1ius Member Race Steward
    Evans is the one to beat in Wales, afaik DMack brought special tire for this event :) I'm predicting all M-Sport podium, but I wish Ott and Thierry could close cap with Seb, championship decisive  last round would be great end for this awesome year :)
  • thecraicbearthecraicbear Member Champion
    I spent my day on the Costa Del Sweet Lamb yesterday. The sun was out and it was glorious. It's by far the best weather I've experienced on a Rally GB weekend, and I've been going near enough every single year since I was a boy. 

Interviewer:
    "In more than three words, can you sum up your day for me today?"
    Grönholm: "Not very good... today."

As the wise man Bitto69 once said, "laughter and free :)"

• sqdstrsqdstr Member Race Steward
    I presume it's spectacular to watch, looks like a full on fight for the championship with the top 3 drivers in the standings in the top 4 positions atm.
    edited October 2017
    Gartheiniog today was amazing! Helicopters flying overhead chasing the cars made for an incredible atmosphere!

i also got told off for using my special guest pass entrance to give Elfyn a beep and a wave as he came out of service!
  • sqdstrsqdstr Member Race Steward
    What a fight in Wales this year. Evans is in the clear for sure but the rest behind him, it's all about seconds.
    If Mikkelsen & Tanak keep up this pace, Ogier's 3rd place is under serious threat and if Latvala can go just a little bit faster, even he can still catch Ogier.
    I really hope they do overtake Ogier so the championship will be decided in Australia and we can enjoy such a battle again.