Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

WRC 2018 Thread

Comments

• DytutDytut Member Champion
    Looks like Ogier will get that 3rd place, so if he gets 1 point in the power stage he'll take the championship. 
    Arete or 43. M. Andersson on steam/leaderboards.

• KevMKevM Member Champion
    Hope he takes a wheel off.  Just to spice things up a little 
  • thecraicbearthecraicbear Member Champion
    YES M-SPORT! 

So Happy for Wilson, and the team. Incredible effort in a competitive and challenging season. 

Manufacturers Title, Drivers Title, and Elfyn with the home-rally win! :D 

Interviewer:
    "In more than three words, can you sum up your day for me today?"
    Grönholm: "Not very good... today."

As the wise man Bitto69 once said, "laughter and free :)"

• carpacarpa Member Race Engineer
    It's Ogier then. He surely deserved it but I hoped we'd see a fight for the championship up until the last rally. Congrats to him, he did a great season and he's been very consistent. Awesome that M-Sport have won the constructors, hopefully they'll convince Ford to support them now so they can keep Ogier. Fight's on for next year!
    "I race to win, of course. But even before of winning, I race to race. As fast as possible"
    - Gilles Villeneuve
  • ScyyScyy Member Co-Driver
    edited October 2017
    KevM said:
    Hope he takes a wheel off.  Just to spice things up a little 
    Probably helps that he wasn't driving an i20 for that.

Anyways this is a golden opportunity falling right into Ford's lap. They would have to be fools not to open the purse strings just a little to keep Ogier in a ford next year. Ogier, Elfyn, and Suninen would be another team to beat next season.
    The Hypno Toad on Leaderboards
  • juu1iusjuu1ius Member Race Steward
    I'm so happy for M-Sport! Well deserved titles and win on their home rally! Also Dmack - they got what have been robbed from them before :)
  • KingOfCoinsKingOfCoins Member Champion
    While I’m happy for both Ogier and M-sport (modstly m-sport) I cant help but to feel a bit disapointed that the championships are wrapped up now. Now Rally Australia will feel even more pointless.
    If you have everything under control, you're not going fast enough
    -Mario Andretti
  • carpacarpa Member Race Engineer
    While I’m happy for both Ogier and M-sport (modstly m-sport) I cant help but to feel a bit disapointed that the championships are wrapped up now. Now Rally Australia will feel even more pointless. 

Hard to say a World Rally feels pointless when you think the next one will be the Monte in 2018 ;) 

I know that feeling tho, I'm a Ferrari fan in F1, Neuville fan in WRC, Toyota fan for the LeMans 24h and I was hoping for Alonso to win the Indy500. Now I'm left hoping for the impossible to happen at Valencia so Dovizioso can win in MotoGP otherwise I could rename 2017 "The Year of Broken Promises"
    "I race to win, of course. But even before of winning, I race to race. As fast as possible"
    - Gilles Villeneuve
    Neuville has always had a Championship in him.  I feel he’ll take a new-found confidence into 2018 & be hard to beat.  He deserves to be the one to take Ogiers crown
  • tbtstttbtstt Member Champion
    Fantastic result for Evans and M-Sport. I was torn on Ogier winning at the start of the year, but he hasn't run away with the Championship and it's been a great title fight: though it is a shame to see it over with a round to go! 

That said, with the title secure, I'd like to Ogier go for broke in Australia. 

Difficult to make any guesses for 2018 until we figure out who is going where, Neuville is surely going to be determined to beat Ogier though! 

"If In Doubt, Flat Out!"

Ott will certainly be in the mix too!  If Mikkelson stays Hyundai, things will be interesting.  I just wish Citroen would come to the party
  • juu1iusjuu1ius Member Race Steward
    If Ogier stays with M-Sport, it will be between him and Neuville and maybe Latvalas (his last chance) for championship. 2018 will be difficult for Ott, new car and no setups from last year, even though he's brilliant with engineers, i'm not hoping for much.
    Ogier's eyes tearing up at the finish line says it all. This year's title was something special :-)

• RallyDrivenRallyDriven Member Champion
    Such a good 4 day’s in Wales! Walked miles, driven even further! I’ve got tonnes of videos I’m trying to put together at the moment! Found a nasty little corner on Gwydir yesterday, was surprised it didn’t catch any wrc drivers out, but it wasn’t long until a couple of wrc2 drivers had some big moments, and then this happened:

https://youtu.be/9MMHdSLv2Pw

Both were ok and managed to carry on straight away, they were busy restarting the car when I opened the door to check they were ok! had an R2 Peugeot go straight on and ended up right on top of the bank which we had to push off, and a Subaru in the nationals did the same but managed to keep going!
  • gfRallygfRally Member Champion
    KevM said:
    Ott will certainly be in the mix too!  If Mikkelson stays Hyundai, things will be interesting.  I just wish Citroen would come to the party
    Dump Citroen, bring back VW.  Love to see Meeks (if there is a 2018 season for him) in a VW.  But chances of this happening .. ever

twitch: gfrally    twitter: gflinch

• FedemaisonnaveFedemaisonnave Member, Drivers Petrol Head
    Citroen car Will be competitive next year, next year Will be really balanced like this year between the manufacturers, in 2019 they have more jokers to develop the Cars.

• Madhun1967Madhun1967 Member Pit Crew
    once the Yaris' problems get ironed out,Toyota will be very competitive .I just hope they stay in it and im hoping for Subarus return eventually 
    once the Yaris' problems get ironed out,Toyota will be very competitive .I just hope they stay in it and im hoping for Subarus return eventually 
    I don't think we have to worry about Toyota staying the course, I read somewhere that they're looking to make a homologation special Yaris just to make the car more competitive.

• DiRTKiNG808DiRTKiNG808 Member Race Steward
    Really late post but I'm glad that M-Sport could take both championships. It's awesome they use the Ford cars and I hope they get manufacture support.
  • Madhun1967Madhun1967 Member Pit Crew
    just saw a video of Sarazzin testing Toyotas R4 :)  very happy ................