Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Team love me but every other team hates me???

I am in the purple for how the team view me but every other team's bar is at the bottom. What?

Comments

• haitch40haitch40 Member, Drivers Pit Crew
    I don't understand this at all.

Performance wise I would say I am doing pretty average for a driver of a Sauber. I would like to move to a better team at the end of the season though.
  • RaalteRaalte Member Race Steward
    You don't have any reputation level with other teams? Not showing a top 3 interested teams?
    Do you outperform your teammate and your rival? Do you finish higher than you started? Can you maybe make a screenshot of your reputation screen? 
    Xbox GT: F1XL Roland | Twitter: @raalte86

F1XL Moderator | F1XL S11 Overall Constructors Champion | F1XL F4 Racer | F1XL TO | F1XL Press & Steward | TWRL Admin | XFR F2 Racer | RFL F2 Racer

www.f1xl.co.uk | www.f1rivals.com | @TWRLRacing | @RFLF1League ;
  • PercocetPantherPercocetPanther Member New Car Smell
    It could be that your team is happy because you are meeting all of their goals, but because those goals might be something like "finish 18th" or "qualify 16th" they aren't impressing other teams...if that makes sense?

So you might have a scenario where your team thinks you've done everything they've asked of you and are consequently happy, while the other teams are like "this guy is coming in virtually last, he's not impressing us" and so you get no offers.

I know I've basically said the same thing twice, and I'm likely totally wrong, so if you get an answer or figure it out come back and let me know.
    Raalte said:
    You don't have any reputation level with other teams? Not showing a top 3 interested teams?
    Do you outperform your teammate and your rival? Do you finish higher than you started? Can you maybe make a screenshot of your reputation screen? 
    Currently says 2 (not 3 thats greyed out) most interested teams are Haas and Mercedes, the Mercedes bar is at the bottom though so I don't expect a seat from them any time soon.
  • patronaspatronas Member Wheel Nut
    Ive noticed if retire from race no matter what u retire other teams loose intrest had a mechanical failurein usa and noticed the other team rep for  me feel quite a bit so if retiring from races could put teams  of u even if not ur fault 
    edited October 2017
    patronas said:
    Ive noticed if retire from race no matter what u retire other teams loose intrest had a mechanical failurein usa and noticed the other team rep for  me feel quite a bit so if retiring from races could put teams  of u even if not ur fault 
    Not just that, the penalty is far too high. Im currently sitting on 0 for everything but sauber (im in a mclaren) due to 2 dnfs in the season. 2... Never mind that i got 3rd at monaco and 5th in canada and was on target for 10th in hungary until i made a mistake and crashed on lap 50. 
    My team themselves love me and made me 1st driver.

Also can you end a season with no offers? I want out of this mclaren but I am not going to sauber thanks.
    Well I did it. Completed the season as first driver at McLaren, team loves me....... no one else offers me a seat.
  • TAKIINOUETAKIINOUE Member Pit Crew
    FRACTURED said:
    Thread title made me think this was a Jeopardy question.

"Are you Kevin Magnussen"
    Hahaha! *Applause*
  • USPBauer24USPBauer24 Member Wheel Nut
    I think I read somewhere that you have to beat both drivers of one team in qualy and the race in order to develop rep with them. 
    I think I read somewhere that you have to beat both drivers of one team in qualy and the race in order to develop rep with them. 
    Interesting.
    Il not find out for a while as I restarted with Toro Rosso, couldn't stand the McLaren's Honda engine any more haha.
    edited January 12
    Ok final comment on the issue.

My biggest issue with 2017 is the penalty on your reputation for retirement, I wanted to feel like I earned that Ferrari seat but I only half feel it when I have to have flashbacks turned on due to the fact that one mistake and retirement in a season can mean no offers. I can be the next Senna yet if I crashed out of 1 or 2 races in the whole year then I am usually passed over.
  • ChironTheseusChironTheseus Member Pit Crew
    If you are at the back it is worth simply sticking the full season with Sauber and replacing ALL parts including new engine so they never fall past the 50% mark giving you maximum power the whole season, you have much more chance of pushing the whole race and getting good finishes this way without the risk of DNFs through mechanical issues. The penalties for extra parts just won't matter loosing 1 or 2 places from your qualifying. This will help you out and using new parts don't effect your reputation.
    With that sorted you just need to concentrate on keeping a clean race, not physically damaging your car.