Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

No new updates and no communication

2»

Comments

• lolschrauberlolschrauber Member Petrol Head
    edited November 14
    mantazzo, the issue has gone beyond the bugs in the game.

Most people just wanted a few answers, for something they paid good money for.

No, the issue is now the disgraceful attitude of the people running the forum and the complete lack of respect they've shown by blanking all reasonable requests for answers for weeks, despite the best efforts of members to bring it to their attention.

That is the reality, at least as far as I'm concerned.
    I remember seeing a post on reddit yesterday. Something about Star Wars Battlefront 2 and about how something had to be unlocked or something despite paying plenty of money for the game. The dude got a geniune reply from EA about the matter and that reply reached 100.000 downvotes in no time, not to mention tons of replies that weren't helpful either.

No wonder developers don't like to talk to the community like that.

Edit: Apparently the ****storm was so big that they decided to release a patch reducing the costs to unlock new heroes by 75%. If that's truly good or not is for everyone to decide for himself. But just imagine you were the guy that has to talk to the horde for a second.
    Using T-Cam is bad. And you should feel bad.
  • mceci1mceci1 Member Unleaded
    So I guess codemasters decided to make F1 2017 a dead game what are they even doing anymore they aren't "codemasters" if they can't fix a game. so can someone actually go to the codemasters HQ and confront them about the lack of customer services and make sure stuff gets done. Cause honestly they haven't fix any bugs besides the small ones. What about the lack of v-sync thats on the xbox one (I get so much screen tear) or black spots on the track that haven't even rendered correctly. Codemasters you either support the game or you don't make the game, if you aren't going to support F1 2017 then don't bother making F1 2018, because you will just abandoned it.

FOR CHRIST SAKE WAIT, GOOD THINGS TAKE TIME, WHY DONT PEOPLE GET THAT
  • 1512marcel1512marcel Member, Drivers Race Engineer
    edited November 14
    mantazzo, the issue has gone beyond the bugs in the game.

Most people just wanted a few answers, for something they paid good money for.

No, the issue is now the disgraceful attitude of the people running the forum and the complete lack of respect they've shown by blanking all reasonable requests for answers for weeks, despite the best efforts of members to bring it to their attention.

That is the reality, at least as far as I'm concerned.
    I remember seeing a post on reddit yesterday. Something about Star Wars Battlefront 2 and about how something had to be unlocked or something despite paying plenty of money for the game. The dude got a geniune reply from EA about the matter and that reply reached 100.000 downvotes in no time, not to mention tons of replies that weren't helpful either.

No wonder developers don't like to talk to the community like that.

Edit: Apparently the ****storm was so big that they decided to release a patch reducing the costs to unlock new heroes by 75%. If that's truly good or not is for everyone to decide for himself. But just imagine you were the guy that has to talk to the horde for a second.

That's the normal risk being a manufacturer. It's your responsibility to act if you made a mess and if that means you have to confront the mass with your pants down, so be it.
  • larryllarryl Member Pit Crew
    mceci1 said:

is 2,5 months not a lot of time? Tell me one "good thing"?!
    F1-2017 Beta Tester - League Driver - Thrustmaster T150 - PlaySeat Evolution White - PS4 - No Assists
  • JayPhoneixJayPhoneix Member New Car Smell
    edited November 14
    F1support just confirmed that threads won't fix the bug, so instead of taking the time of closing threads how about you guys fix the bug and fix the game.
  • Razer12hopRazer12hop Member Wheel Nut
    mceci1 said:

You keep saying this dude. But the games 2015 and 2016 online part where not good aswell. And now 2017. How long do we need to wait. I think the game will not get fixed and codemasters wants to bleed this one out again. Open your eyes man.
    mceci1 said:

You keep saying this dude. But the games 2015 and 2016 online part where not good aswell. And now 2017. How long do we need to wait. I think the game will not get fixed and codemasters wants to bleed this one out again. Open your eyes man.
    The biggest issue I ever had were the desyncs. And that will never go away without dedicated servers. Everyone needs a ultra reliable and stable connection or you will run into problems..
  • JimT1987JimT1987 Member New Car Smell
    So, the bugs have yet to noticeably affect me or my game play so I can't gripe much about that. 
    @F1Support response to this was frankly absolutely disgusting.  The integrity of Codemasters and it's staff is reflected in a worse light than previous weeks based on the overall tone implied and the lack of reasonably prudent response. This also unfortunately is shed indirectly further onto the sport itself as a media platform for promotion. 

• Razer12hopRazer12hop Member Wheel Nut
    mceci1 said:

The biggest issue I ever had were the desyncs. And that will never go away without dedicated servers. Everyone needs a ultra reliable and stable connection or you will run into problems..
    I agree that dedicated servers would fix a lot. But even without dedicated servers it could be a lot beter. 2014 was pretty good online. Of course if somebody with a bad connection joined he would desync and lag. But he would also have this in a dedicated server. So I think it should be possible to have a decent game without dedicated servers. Would still prefer dedicated do.
  • coolieboycoolieboy Member, Drivers Petrol Head
    mantazzo said:
    F1 should boycott codemasters and move to a different studio that actually cares about the players and the game.
    Oh yes, PLEASE show me a different studio that creates SPORTS games and CARES about the players... I already discussed things in other topic some time ago - no one wants to even begin with creating with F1 games currently. Aside from SMS. Still, seeing how was the pCARS2 release... Ugh. No.

Just to put this into perspective, Pcars2 offer various disciplines of racing in over a hundred different cars.  If they only had to focus on ONE discipline, such as Formula 1, I'm pretty sure they would do a much better job than Codemaster. 
    edited November 14
    coolieboy said:
    mantazzo said:
    F1 should boycott codemasters and move to a different studio that actually cares about the players and the game.
    Oh yes, PLEASE show me a different studio that creates SPORTS games and CARES about the players... I already discussed things in other topic some time ago - no one wants to even begin with creating with F1 games currently. Aside from SMS. Still, seeing how was the pCARS2 release... Ugh. No.

Just to put this into perspective, Pcars2 offer various disciplines of racing in over a hundred different cars.  If they only had to focus on ONE discipline, such as Formula 1, I'm pretty sure they would do a much better job than Codemaster. 
    If I recall correctly, nobody wanted the F1 license. So even if someone did a better job, they need to make it first. If it's true, it's not just done with "take it away from codemasters" - because then you'd be left without a game at all. Also, as you mentioned, pcars2 is the second installment of the series and still had a LOT of issues. So it's pretty foolish to just expect them to do a "much better job".

Plus, I heard they've been treating the community like crap from the very beginning, too, which is another thing people complain about with codemasters. Again, that wouldn't be better.
  • LilBrown47LilBrown47 Member Wheel Nut
    mceci1 said:
    So I guess codemasters decided to make F1 2017 a dead game what are they even doing anymore they aren't "codemasters" if they can't fix a game. so can someone actually go to the codemasters HQ and confront them about the lack of customer services and make sure stuff gets done. Cause honestly they haven't fix any bugs besides the small ones. What about the lack of v-sync thats on the xbox one (I get so much screen tear) or black spots on the track that haven't even rendered correctly. Codemasters you either support the game or you don't make the game, if you aren't going to support F1 2017 then don't bother making F1 2018, because you will just abandoned it.

------------------------------

"Good things take time", so 8 years of development is not enough time? 
2»
This discussion has been closed.