Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

DiRTy Gossip Thread

Comments

• LudwigVonMisesLudwigVonMises Member Wheel Nut
    Externaltest branch was updated a few days ago, It means we are clooooser to get the patch with new physics, locations, tiles, and Skoda Fabia R5!
     :dizzy:

You forgot to mention all 2017 World Rallycross Championship tracks!
  • SepponaattoriSepponaattori Member Unleaded
    Externaltest branch was updated a few days ago, It means we are clooooser to get the patch with new physics, locations, tiles, and Skoda Fabia R5!

And the Audi S1 RX Supercar!
  • carpacarpa Member Race Steward
    edited November 14

Let's not forget the Toyotas guys...

:/
    "I race to win, of course. But even before of winning, I race to race. As fast as possible"
    - Gilles Villeneuve
  • DiRTKiNG808DiRTKiNG808 Member Pit Crew
    carpa said:

It stinks that we won't see Toyotas in racing games because for some reason they keep pulling out.
    I love racing. Going for the perfectly clean, well executed overtake is the best feeling. If I have to though, I might move you out of my way (no hard feelings).
  • MarshymallerMarshymaller Member New Car Smell

It stinks that we won't see Toyotas in racing games because for some reason they keep pulling out.
    Apparently they feel that it's a 'bad investment' to put their cars into racing games because people are unlikely to buy their cars off of it, which is a silly reason until you realize that they're actually sort of right if all you care about is making as much profit as physically possible which is definitely what Toyota is about now.
  • gfRallygfRally Member Champion

Apparently they feel that it's a 'bad investment' to put their cars into racing games because people are unlikely to buy their cars off of it, which is a silly reason until you realize that they're actually sort of right if all you care about is making as much profit as physically possible which is definitely what Toyota is about now.
    Today, what do they REALLY have to offer?  Do you really want to drive a virtual Camry or Prius?  ick!  And most of their trucks are rather bland, well can't single out Toyota on trucks, basically everyone has similar design.  

twitch: gfrally    twitter: gflinch

gfRally said:

Today, what do they REALLY have to offer?  Do you really want to drive a virtual Camry or Prius?  ick!  And most of their trucks are rather bland, well can't single out Toyota on trucks, basically everyone has similar design.  
    All I want is the Toyota Supra for a racing game. And the 90's Celica and 80's Corral for Rally games. I think being in a video games makes the people want the car even more. The consumer thinks, 'Wow what an awesome car! I want one in my garage!'
    I love racing. Going for the perfectly clean, well executed overtake is the best feeling. If I have to though, I might move you out of my way (no hard feelings).
  • JZStudiosJZStudios Member Team Principal
    carpa said:

...Never pull out.
  • BadD0gBadD0g Member Team Principal
    edited November 15
    Semi-On-Topic: Matt Farah got to drive a works Stratos, he didn't get to really wring it out much because it's part of a collection still fun to see.

|  CPU: i7-4790K  |  RAM: 16GB  |  GPU: MSI 970  |  OS: Win7  |  [D0gfish] on Steam
    Dirty Forumers League - "Missile vs Bullet" 3rd place 
    Personally I love how the Lancia Stratos looks. I love the wedged nose and the duck tail spoiler. The lengened and car together also makes it cool. So, all round I think the Lancia Stratos is a cool car :) . For the other picture on the other hand I had to hold back from dropping my iPad and throwing up.  :s
  • Madhun1967Madhun1967 Member Wheel Nut
    YEAH Toyota has a rep here in the states for being bland and catering to jus tthe crowd who wants reliable point A-B cars .That said,the 86 is a real drivers car and it needs to make it into a lose surface sim soon i hope!!!!!!!!!!!
    Celicas,all generations, were great at rallying i just tcant believe they killed the name .Now if we could get the GRMN Yaris in the states...............
  • carpacarpa Member Race Steward
    JZStudios said:
    BadD0g said:
    Semi-On-Topic: Matt Farah got to drive a works Stratos, he didn't get to really wring it out much because it's part of a collection still fun to see.
    I'm still not sure if I find this car attractive or hideous. And... that window looks super broken, but it's either A. Italian design/engineering/quality, and it is, or B. Italian design/engineering/quality and it isn't. And that puzzles me greatly.
    I wish I could be super witty and name someone who fits the bill of crossing between attractive and hideous... but I'm tired.
    So here's a picture of some.... asian ladyboys.... for you're confusion.

Lancias might be known for self-destructing themselves in the UK but I think we can all agree Lancia (and Abarth) were damn good at making dominant rally cars. And I'm definitely not saying that 'cause I'm Italian. It makes it even sadder that the only car they're still producing is the Ypsilon :s ... 

BTW I think the Stratos was fairly well known for being incredibly good at rallying and just that
    PS: I had to edit that photo out of your post. Sorry but I just had to.
    "I race to win, of course. But even before of winning, I race to race. As fast as possible"
    - Gilles Villeneuve
  • Madhun1967Madhun1967 Member Wheel Nut
    Love the Stratos,awesome car ,made just for rallying.Way ahead of its time,in looks and performance.Beauty.
  • tbtstttbtstt Member Champion
    carpa said:

Lancias might be known for self-destructing themselves in the UK but I think we can all agree Lancia (and Abarth) were damn good at making dominant rally cars. And I'm definitely not saying that 'cause I'm Italian. It makes it even sadder that the only car they're still producing is the Ypsilon :s ... 
    Absolutely! I have huge respect for Lancia rally cars - and their history in the sport - but I have little desire to actually own one! Such a shame that the name is attached to such boring cars now.
    carpa said:

BTW I think the Stratos was fairly well known for being incredibly good at rallying and just that

The Stratos was designed from scratch as a rally car. It is one of only three rally cars where the design started with a clean piece of paper and wasn't based on an existing model in the range.

(Maximum nerd points if you know the other two)

"If In Doubt, Flat Out!"

tbtstt said:
    carpa said:

Absolutely! I have huge respect for Lancia rally cars - and their history in the sport - but I have little desire to actually own one! Such a shame that the name is attached to such boring cars now.
    carpa said:

The Stratos was designed from scratch as a rally car. It is one of only three rally cars where the design started with a clean piece of paper and wasn't based on an existing model in the range.

I also heard that in some places it became a popular road car as well.
  • Lynx2000Lynx2000 Member Wheel Nut
    tbtstt said:

Weren't it the lancia 037 and the Ford rs200? 

• DoubleTenDoubleTen Member New Car Smell
    carpa said:
    JZStudios said:
    BadD0g said:
    I'm still not sure if I find this car attractive or hideous. And... that window looks super broken, but it's either A. Italian design/engineering/quality, and it is, or B. Italian design/engineering/quality and it isn't. And that puzzles me greatly.
    I wish I could be super witty and name someone who fits the bill of crossing between attractive and hideous... but I'm tired.
    So here's a picture of some.... asian ladyboys.... for you're confusion.

PS: I had to edit that photo out of your post. Sorry but I just had to.
    WAS the ypsilon, now not even that car anymore