Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

What are the rules here?

So the thread on threads being closed was closed. It's ironic but I'm wondering what rule was broken? I thought threads were only closed if someone broke a rule or they were answered, not because they are a waste of support's time (this is general discussion right?). I'm relatively new on here, (came to see if the teammate bug would be fixed) so if anyone could explain what the situation is I would appreciate it... on the rules... not the bug, just to clarify.... or the bug too if you know something :wink:
And please be polite and civil in whatever you say, I'd rather this thread wasn't prematurely closed too. Plz don't close me Codies, I'm being nice :smile:

Comments

• 1512marcel1512marcel Member, Drivers Race Engineer
    That is hard to answer at the moment. I got jailed today for speaking my mind about what's going on. I wasn't rude or insulting, just stating facts. Nothing personal. I never lower myself in name calling, swearing or similar misbehaviour. I guess I was just at the wrong place at he wrong time or I was made an example. I have seen worse here lately without punishment.
  • lolschrauberlolschrauber Member Petrol Head
    Technically moderators can usually close whatever they see as inappropriate for whatever reason.

If you were repeatedly breaking rules, you'd propably get personal warnings or even temporary bans.

At least that's how forums usually work.
    Using T-Cam is bad. And you should feel bad.
  • F1SupportF1Support Member, Codemasters Co-Driver
    edited November 15
    I have closed these threads.

http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/59920/team-mate-bug-update - My comment makes it clear why it was closed.

http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/59929/career-upgrade-teammate-bug-gonna-keep-posting-threads-until-we-get-a-response - My comment makes it clear why it was closed.

http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/59837/career-upgrade-teammate-bug-gonna-keep-posting-threads-until-we-get-a-response - That one I just closed and didn't comment on, my bad but it's the same as the one above. It's a dupe thread and it's also spamming.

http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/59887/f1support-last-active-october-31-game-abandoned - And the thread about me not logging in which I answer on topic and then closed because some people clearly have no sense of humour.

http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/59937/threads-being-closed - Again my reasons are stated.

You've completely overlooked all of the answers I have posted and focussed instead on these threads all of which I think I have legitimate reasons to close.
  • KevRusskiKevRusski Member Wheel Nut
    edited November 15
    I think you misunderstand the disappointment that is going on if you thought your post was humorous. People obviously wanted what you cannot or your team are incapable of giving them. I do not see that this is hard to understand, and why some people on here have no more time for anything other than a "fixed" game.  Your answer did nothing but give credence to their fear that most of this wont be resolved. Months on, and hey, the games fans did pay £45 for it.

We all know this is not life or death, we will all go on smiling, for some of us we will be £45 better off next year too!

@F1Support
  • F1SupportF1Support Member, Codemasters Co-Driver
    So it's not about the threads I closed. It's just that you're angry and I'm the lightning rod...
  • Razor123hopRazor123hop Member New Car Smell
    F1Support said:
    So it's not about the threads I closed. It's just that you're angry and I'm the lightning rod...

You are the only contact point we have about our bought product. So we come to you with good or negative questions. But it seems that you ignore the negative questions.

Could you still answer the questions above from my good friend @razer12hop

@f1support

The reason why these threads keep popping up is because you still haven’t give us a straight answers and keep spinning around it. I will tell and ask you one more time.

We want you to admit that the game in this state is not good. We want a answers what you guys are gone do about it. Like are you guys still working on patches. The big bugs are known now so there is no point anymore to come up with bullshit answers in the support topics.

You stated somewhere that you are not the right person to give us info about future patches. Well get us somebody who can then.

We also don’t want your humor. Basically because we are pissed off and we feel ripped off by your company and were are unable to use your product we bought.

As much as I understand how people feel, you can not say it like that. The product is useable. I know that there are annoying bugs that can ruin the fun to a certain extend. I'd guess the worst ones are SC ones as well as teammate upgrade bugs, but those don't really concern me. I don't play a whole lot of a career mode, and the SC barely comes out online when I play in my usual group so it's really rare for me to run into these issues. That does not mean that I'm not aknowledging the issues, just for the record. They definitely need fixing.

The people complaining about lag is another story. Unless EVERYONE has a stable, good connection, it's always going to cause big problems. Having no dedicated servers makes it worse. The genre itself is pretty sensitive when it comes to lag. Wheel to wheel racing can be a nightmare with a ping of 100, where other games would still be playable without major problems.
    edited November 15
    F1Support said:
    C`mon. What is the point of this post? Are you deliberately trying to be the lightening rod?

I`m not here to have a go at you, I`m not sure anyone is, its got a bit tetchy because theres a distinct lack of good communication. Your response is the same of that previous. i.e, it isn't one other than another quip.

Seeing as you seem to be here though, but not here to answer questions on the game (I assume), please could you ask for someone with the authority to feedback to us a statement on your current intentions with this game.  Perhaps outline the major/minor bugs which "will" be resolved and which codemasters are "trying" to resolve. This might go down well with an apology as we are nearly 3 months on and still like this.

I mean, my copy of f1 still says it is "downloading content"! It has been part of the hub since release! lol. But thats nothing in comparison to some stuff.

We just want to know you have a handle on this, its almost too late but perhaps the lack of communication is showing Codemasters have come up against a wall and dont want to say so.

2 years ago codemasters promised to get better, on here, with communication, a better product, testing etc etc. They did last year..........not this.
  • Operator1Operator1 Member, Drivers Champion

RhinoCharging00 said:
    If you have no information why not say so?

If history is any indicator, I believe the standard response here goes something like:

"We have nothing to announce at this time. We will let you know when we do."

*Disclaimer: my comments are only my own musings, not 'speaking for others' or 'stating opinions as facts.'
    #NeverPreOrder. They listen to our money more than our requests & complaints. They'll continue selling whatever we continue buying. What we put up with, we end up with. If we want better, we have to stop throwing money at worse. A game's "success" is not measured by how much people play it & enjoy it, but by how many copies it sells & its media scores/ratings.

edited November 15

@f1support

The reason why these threads keep popping up is because you still haven’t give us a straight answers and keep spinning around it. I will tell and ask you one more time.

We want you to admit that the game in this state is not good. We want a answers what you guys are gone do about it. Like are you guys still working on patches. The big bugs are known now so there is no point anymore to come up with bullshit answers in the support topics.

You stated somewhere that you are not the right person to give us info about future patches. Well get us somebody who can then.

We also don’t want your humor. Basically because we are pissed off and we feel ripped off by your company and were are unable to use your product we bought.

As much as I understand how people feel, you can not say it like that. The product is useable. I know that there are annoying bugs that can ruin the fun to a certain extend. I'd guess the worst ones are SC ones as well as teammate upgrade bugs, but those don't really concern me. I don't play a whole lot of a career mode, and the SC barely comes out online when I play in my usual group so it's really rare for me to run into these issues. That does not mean that I'm not aknowledging the issues, just for the record. They definitely need fixing.

The people complaining about lag is another story. Unless EVERYONE has a stable, good connection, it's always going to cause big problems. Having no dedicated servers makes it worse. The genre itself is pretty sensitive when it comes to lag. Wheel to wheel racing can be a nightmare with a ping of 100, where other games would still be playable without major problems.
    With regards online, I completely disagree. 50% of our league races have been laughable and 2 were abandoned it was too bad. It was not useable. This was not down do lag. Offline I cant comment. 

I used the "downloading content bug" just to reference something which is not major, just an annoyance but not been fixed as an example.
    Post edited by KevRusski on
    KevRusski said:

@f1support

With regards online, I completely disagree. 50% of our league racers have been laughable and 2 were abandonded it was so bad. It was not useable. This was not down do lag. Offline I cant comment. 

I used the "downloading content bug" just to reference something which is not major, just an annoyance but not been fixed as an example.
    Oh right, the downloading content thing is one I noticed last time I played. Must be something rather new I guess.

I don't race online with my friends very often (1-2 times a week) but we usually do not have major issues, even if the host is streaming and playing simultaneously. Guess we're just lucky then.
    edited November 15
    KevRusski said:

@f1support

With regards online, I completely disagree. 50% of our league racers have been laughable and 2 were abandonded it was so bad. It was not useable. This was not down do lag. Offline I cant comment. 

Oh right, the downloading content thing is one I noticed last time I played. Must be something rather new I guess.

I don't race online with my friends very often (1-2 times a week) but we usually do not have major issues, even if the host is streaming and playing simultaneously. Guess we're just lucky then.
    nice to chat.
    I have had the downloading content bug since purchase.

We have about 12 racing regularly in the league. There has been times when its been ok, - ish, Others where phantom cars have been on track. Cars going through the garage walls. Cars that have crashed morphing through barriers and being re-set to track, times altered by 7minutes on the leader board at the end, the safety car is xxx (but i can live with that -turn it off) etc etc etc. Its a pain and all but a few have fibre. Others have a competent enough connection that they have no issues on other racing games.
    As I say, never touched offline so cant say. It could have been an absolutely legendary effort because I love the basics of the game.
  • Razer1234HopRazer1234Hop Member New Car Smell
    KevRusski said:

@f1support

No you are not lucky. If you are just playing with a friend online then there is just 2 people in a lobby. The big issues start with a large group of people. The safety car becomes wacky. You get weird desync issues. When people leave the lobby the safety cars comes out and the host leader gets lag spikes. There for multiplayer part is unplayable. F1support solved this issue by saying that players can not leave the lobby and need to wait until the race is over.

@f1support could you answer the question's of my uncle above. Also free him from jail. Put him in jail because of the word bul**** is a bit over the top isn't it. If you get offended by that word then you have a hard time living in this world.

• RhinoCharging00RhinoCharging00 Member Wheel Nut
    edited November 15
    It's obvious they don't think we are worthy of a polite and reasoned response.

Body Body Body
    KevRusski said:
    KevRusski said:

@f1support

nice to chat.
    I have had the downloading content bug since purchase.

We have about 12 racing regularly in the league. There has been times when its been ok, - ish, Others where phantom cars have been on track. Cars going through the garage walls. Cars that have crashed morphing through barriers and being re-set to track, times altered by 7minutes on the leader board at the end, the safety is xxx (but i can live with that -turn it off) etc etc etc. Its a pain.
    As I say, never touched offline so cant say. It could have been an absolutely legendary effort because I love the basics of the game.
    Offline is usually fine, though, oddly enough, you get the same kinda desync you have in multiplayer sometimes. People who complain about being illegally overtaken under SC - From what I've seen the game usually thinks that you are not right behind the safety car. People stay behind it (without being told so), but the game thinks they're going way too slow (after all they're told to "catch up to safety car") so the game allows the AI to overtake.

The time altering thing, I'm not sure, but sometimes, the AI has glitched lap times. I've never seen more than 1 lap being like that, but it looks like something causes the game to abruptly stop counting the time. I've seen lap times around 40 seconds or even just 7. Sometimes it'd tell you that you're second, even though you're first. I guess it's caused by the lap times glitching like that. After a while it gets corrected, but not always.

I have this theory because I believe that the game merely calculates position by calculating the distance traveled within the time driven. I remember playing splitscreen with a friend, on, I believe F1 2012. I started on Pole, he started just outside of the top 10. In the end, it was a photo finish, but I passed the line first by just a hair. Game even showed "1st" as my position just before the line. I cheered and laughed and then checked the scoreboard.What do I see? I'm second. Why? I checked the race time. My buddy was just a few thousands faster than me, which makes sense. We started with a gap of, let's say, 20m, but we finished with a gap between us that was only 2m. That'd mean he gained 18m on me throughout the whole race.

I hope I explained this well enough for people to understand.