Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Bear's Happy Place

16061626466

Comments

  • thecraicbearthecraicbear Member Champion
    Just passing through, looking for a patch. 


    Image result for sneak bear


    Interviewer:
    "In more than three words, can you sum up your day for me today?"
    Grönholm: "Not very good... today."

    As the wise man Bitto69 once said, "laughter and free :)"


  • carpacarpa Member Race Steward
    Just passing through, looking for a patch. 


    Image result for sneak bear
    Meh. It seems in these months bears won't be the only ones in hibernation...
    "I race to win, of course. But even before of winning, I race to race. As fast as possible"
    - Gilles Villeneuve
  • teknoid85teknoid85 Member Wheel Nut
    this game  was  born  bad.  even with a better handling the stages  remains the same heart- and soulless thing :(
  • JZStudiosJZStudios Member Team Principal
    Now I am sad. But I am not a bear.                       

  • BadD0gBadD0g Member Team Principal
    The series took quite the fall from grace this year. It makes me sad too, checking in every day and seeing nothing new and very little community enthusiasm. I don't think we're going to see the major physics overhaul that we want. Ah, well. I'll never forget the awesome ride that Dirt Rally gave us, that's for sure.

    What other games have you guys been playing lately? I've fallen in love with Resident Evil 7 myself.
    |  CPU: i7-4790K  |  RAM: 16GB  |  GPU: MSI 970  |  OS: Win7  |  [D0gfish] on Steam
    Dirty Forumers League - "Missile vs Bullet" 3rd place 
  • dwkGraveydwkGravey Member Race Engineer
    I played a little Dirt 4 when it first came out, and then put it aside... because I was slowly building a better gaming PC and wanted to play it at 60 fps. At the beginning of this month I finally got the last piece of the puzzle, a 1060, and now I've been playing a lot of Dirt 4 lately.

    So I'll be the lone voice of enthusiasm. :) I've got my PC set up in the den with my TMX and 5.1 speakers, and I'm absolutely loving it. I've spent most of my time with the R2 and R4 cars, but I found a setup guide to tame the braking oversteer on the Group A cars (a little rear toe-in), and now the Integrale and Evo VI are a blast.

    I look forward to whatever the November (or whenever) update brings, especially clubs, but I at least am really enjoying the game right now.


  • boganibogani Member Champion
    There are parts of D4 that I like, but then I hop in any of the RWD cars and it just makes me sad.

    From awesomeness in DR to lifelessness in D4.

    :(

    "I had the biggest moose problem in my whole life I think"

    "Was it on the side of the road?"

    "Huh?"

    "The moose"

    "The mousse in the tire"

  • RallyDrivenRallyDriven Member Champion
    Ive been playing dirt 4 a lot lately on my g920 on X1. I do really like ot, but the slow rx ai and rwd handling annoy me.

    also been playing lots of rocket league which I got into recently and cities skylines as a good relaxing game. Looking forward to next year for wreckfest, red dead 2 and far cry 5 though!

    Michael

    Real life rally co-driver and Full time agricultural student

    -------------------------------------------------------------

    Xbox One League - Michaels League - Feel free to join!

  • gfRallygfRally Member Champion
    BadD0g said:
    The series took quite the fall from grace this year. It makes me sad too, checking in every day and seeing nothing new and very little community enthusiasm. I don't think we're going to see the major physics overhaul that we want. Ah, well. I'll never forget the awesome ride that Dirt Rally gave us, that's for sure.

    What other games have you guys been playing lately? I've fallen in love with Resident Evil 7 myself.
    Well I bought a Rift and have found that racing games make me nauseous, which is really odd since I don't get sea sick even in heavy swells, or on planes doing loops (yes I did this!).  So I have been playing a lot of flight sims, which I can barrel roll all day long and do not get me sick.  DCS World, il2, and waiting for the X Plane VR update, I never thought I would be looking forward to a civilian flight sim, but VR is just incredible experience.   I need to figure out the car situation since that is a real let down, but everything else, I almost can't play if its not VR, its really an awesome experience.

    twitch: gfrally    twitter: gflinch

  • DytutDytut Member Team Principal
    I've been running WRC7 when I feel like some rallying. Otherwise PUBG, some XCOM2 with the expansion, a bit of Civ 6.
    Arete or 43. M. Andersson on steam/leaderboards.


  • adsadsadsadsadsads Member Unleaded
    I went back to DiRT 4 to finish rally career. Using a list of ai time comparisons to pick cars. It gets hilariously easy even on fearless if you pick the right car. 


  • thecraicbearthecraicbear Member Champion
    edited November 22
    Dytut said:
    I've been running WRC7 when I feel like some rallying. Otherwise PUBG, some XCOM2 with the expansion, a bit of Civ 6.
    I've got a lot of love for WRC 7. Really impressed with what the team have managed to create with such strict creative restrictions. 


    Interviewer:
    "In more than three words, can you sum up your day for me today?"
    Grönholm: "Not very good... today."

    As the wise man Bitto69 once said, "laughter and free :)"


  • BadD0gBadD0g Member Team Principal
    edited November 22
    gfRally said:
    BadD0g said:
    The series took quite the fall from grace this year. It makes me sad too, checking in every day and seeing nothing new and very little community enthusiasm. I don't think we're going to see the major physics overhaul that we want. Ah, well. I'll never forget the awesome ride that Dirt Rally gave us, that's for sure.

    What other games have you guys been playing lately? I've fallen in love with Resident Evil 7 myself.
    Well I bought a Rift and have found that racing games make me nauseous, which is really odd since I don't get sea sick even in heavy swells, or on planes doing loops (yes I did this!).  So I have been playing a lot of flight sims, which I can barrel roll all day long and do not get me sick.  DCS World, il2, and waiting for the X Plane VR update, I never thought I would be looking forward to a civilian flight sim, but VR is just incredible experience.   I need to figure out the car situation since that is a real let down, but everything else, I almost can't play if its not VR, its really an awesome experience.
    Ha, that's interesting, I would probably puke my guts out doing a barrel roll in VR since I do get a little seasick, even on calm waters.
    I've never been a flight simmer in the past, but I tried the demo of X Plane 11 recently and I like it a lot more than I thought I would. It's very nice looking, one of the things that always bugged me about flight sims in the past was that they never really looked all that great - kind of petty I suppose, but for someone who's not already into flight to begin with I need some extra flashyness to be won over. To me, sightseeing is the main draw of a flight sim.
    |  CPU: i7-4790K  |  RAM: 16GB  |  GPU: MSI 970  |  OS: Win7  |  [D0gfish] on Steam
    Dirty Forumers League - "Missile vs Bullet" 3rd place 
  • JZStudiosJZStudios Member Team Principal
    dwkGravey said:
    I played a little Dirt 4 when it first came out, and then put it aside... because I was slowly building a better gaming PC and wanted to play it at 60 fps. At the beginning of this month I finally got the last piece of the puzzle, a 1060, and now I've been playing a lot of Dirt 4 lately.

    So I'll be the lone voice of enthusiasm. :) I've got my PC set up in the den with my TMX and 5.1 speakers, and I'm absolutely loving it. I've spent most of my time with the R2 and R4 cars, but I found a setup guide to tame the braking oversteer on the Group A cars (a little rear toe-in), and now the Integrale and Evo VI are a blast.

    I look forward to whatever the November (or whenever) update brings, especially clubs, but I at least am really enjoying the game right now.


    I wish I had a second PC set up for flight/race sims. As it is... well for flight I've only got a Logitech joystick, but to do any racing I need to drag my wheel and base around and crawl under my desk to plug it all in. I decide to leave it like that for a few days until I get irritated that it's in my way. I also tend to take the armrests off my chair.
    So combine the inconvenience with the snoozefest that is something like AC... and I don't actually use it that much which makes me sad. Most of the time I've actually been playing Tabletop Simulator online, which is another reason to not want to constantly drag my wheel out/put it away.

    BTW, since you have an actual 5.1... depending on your setup for things like FPS's n such, for just pure audio reasons, I'd suggest Crysis, F.E.A.R. (which requires a teensy little community patch) and the Witcher 3.
    Oh my god, The Witcher has AMAZING surround support. I've moved from a cheap ($100 logitech 5.1 surround + the ever trusty Logitech X-230) 7.2ish to an actual Yamaha 5.1, but when I was using the 7.2ish... the sound was so natural and it transitioned between speakers so beautifully.... You could ride Roach down the road, see a torch and hear it burning as you approach it, it goes past you, then fades out behind you. It's stupid good. Most games give the rear speakers a terrible canned audio effect, the Witcher does it right and just plays pure audio. Every time I walked into a building and the door closed behind me I thought it was someone coming into my room.
    Mafia 2 also had some pretty good gunfights.

    BadD0g said:
    The series took quite the fall from grace this year. It makes me sad too, checking in every day and seeing nothing new and very little community enthusiasm. I don't think we're going to see the major physics overhaul that we want. Ah, well. I'll never forget the awesome ride that Dirt Rally gave us, that's for sure.

    What other games have you guys been playing lately? I've fallen in love with Resident Evil 7 myself.

    I recently finished Deus Ex Human Revolution (highly recommended and replayibility is definitely there) and have moved on to Mankind Divided... which so far is sort of like one step forward two steps back. It managed to switch from a perfectly fine 100% usable interface with no problems, to a new one that's seriously slow, cumbersome and inconvenient. Also not super well optimized.
    I'll admit, I'm lame and I'm cheap, so I watched the Two Best Friends play RE7, and it looked good, but the monsters are surprisingly lame.
    gfRally said:
    BadD0g said:
    The series took quite the fall from grace this year. It makes me sad too, checking in every day and seeing nothing new and very little community enthusiasm. I don't think we're going to see the major physics overhaul that we want. Ah, well. I'll never forget the awesome ride that Dirt Rally gave us, that's for sure.

    What other games have you guys been playing lately? I've fallen in love with Resident Evil 7 myself.
    Well I bought a Rift and have found that racing games make me nauseous, which is really odd since I don't get sea sick even in heavy swells, or on planes doing loops (yes I did this!).  So I have been playing a lot of flight sims, which I can barrel roll all day long and do not get me sick.  DCS World, il2, and waiting for the X Plane VR update, I never thought I would be looking forward to a civilian flight sim, but VR is just incredible experience.   I need to figure out the car situation since that is a real let down, but everything else, I almost can't play if its not VR, its really an awesome experience.
    Quite a few years ago, a buddy of my dads flew out in his own little stunt plane to visit and watch the local RC plane competition. When it was over he took my and my sister up (separately, it's a 2 seater) and we did a bunch of waterfalls, flips, and loops. I didn't get sick, but the G-forces hurt my chest for about 2 weeks after. Top tip, child ribs aren't that strong.

  • MiatakiasGRMiatakiasGR Member Pit Crew
    I m playing Forza moorsport 7 and Pcars  2 this period games with huge content compare to all codemasters half games...
    I dont say i abandon CM for ever but they must make a really good with big content game (Toca or Grid game or at least a Dirt rally 2) to be interested again.. OnRush is not that attractive , Dirt 4 looks abandoned and a dead game since release so..
  • RallyDrivenRallyDriven Member Champion
    I m playing Forza moorsport 7 and Pcars  2 this period games with huge content compare to all codemasters half games...
    I dont say i abandon CM for ever but they must make a really good with big content game (Toca or Grid game or at least a Dirt rally 2) to be interested again.. OnRush is not that attractive , Dirt 4 looks abandoned and a dead game since release so..
    What’s forza 7 like? I’ve considered getting it, I love being able to build and customise cars! Really enjoyed f5 and fh3, didn’t really like pc1 that much

    Michael

    Real life rally co-driver and Full time agricultural student

    -------------------------------------------------------------

    Xbox One League - Michaels League - Feel free to join!

  • JZStudiosJZStudios Member Team Principal
    I m playing Forza moorsport 7 and Pcars  2 this period games with huge content compare to all codemasters half games...
    I dont say i abandon CM for ever but they must make a really good with big content game (Toca or Grid game or at least a Dirt rally 2) to be interested again.. OnRush is not that attractive , Dirt 4 looks abandoned and a dead game since release so..
    What’s forza 7 like? I’ve considered getting it, I love being able to build and customise cars! Really enjoyed f5 and fh3, didn’t really like pc1 that much
    PCars 2 is much better than 1, but I've heard some poor things about FM7, which is very disappointing. I guess they basically remade their entire currency system for loot boxes and speed cards. I don't know how or why they got in there, but I've lost all interest in it.
    As per usual, PRC has done a few snippets on FM7 and he's really not very impressed. I really wanted it to be good too.
  • dwkGraveydwkGravey Member Race Engineer
    JZStudios said:
    BTW, since you have an actual 5.1... depending on your setup for things like FPS's n such, for just pure audio reasons, I'd suggest Crysis, F.E.A.R. (which requires a teensy little community patch) and the Witcher 3.
    Oh my god, The Witcher has AMAZING surround support. I've moved from a cheap ($100 logitech 5.1 surround + the ever trusty Logitech X-230) 7.2ish to an actual Yamaha 5.1, but when I was using the 7.2ish... the sound was so natural and it transitioned between speakers so beautifully.... You could ride Roach down the road, see a torch and hear it burning as you approach it, it goes past you, then fades out behind you. It's stupid good. Most games give the rear speakers a terrible canned audio effect, the Witcher does it right and just plays pure audio. Every time I walked into a building and the door closed behind me I thought it was someone coming into my room.
    Mafia 2 also had some pretty good gunfights.
    I bought these speakers (Logitech Z-640) in 2003 IIRC, and the first thing I did with them was the play the whole campaign in Call of Duty with the sound cranked in a single sitting (that was back when I had that kind of time). I traded in the gaming PC for an Xbox in 2004, and the speakers had been in storage for 13 years. Now they're getting a workout with Dirt 4 and RaceRoom.
  • MiatakiasGRMiatakiasGR Member Pit Crew
    dwkGravey said:
    JZStudios said:
    BTW, since you have an actual 5.1... depending on your setup for things like FPS's n such, for just pure audio reasons, I'd suggest Crysis, F.E.A.R. (which requires a teensy little community patch) and the Witcher 3.
    Oh my god, The Witcher has AMAZING surround support. I've moved from a cheap ($100 logitech 5.1 surround + the ever trusty Logitech X-230) 7.2ish to an actual Yamaha 5.1, but when I was using the 7.2ish... the sound was so natural and it transitioned between speakers so beautifully.... You could ride Roach down the road, see a torch and hear it burning as you approach it, it goes past you, then fades out behind you. It's stupid good. Most games give the rear speakers a terrible canned audio effect, the Witcher does it right and just plays pure audio. Every time I walked into a building and the door closed behind me I thought it was someone coming into my room.
    Mafia 2 also had some pretty good gunfights.
    I bought these speakers (Logitech Z-640) in 2003 IIRC, and the first thing I did with them was the play the whole campaign in Call of Duty with the sound cranked in a single sitting (that was back when I had that kind of time). I traded in the gaming PC for an Xbox in 2004, and the speakers had been in storage for 13 years. Now they're getting a workout with Dirt 4 and RaceRoom.
    I like it a lot ,as the guy say above there are some bad things like loot boxes , was bad optimzed on release on PC but after updates they fixed it..Its more simcade and i love the 700 cars the many tracks and handling.. I suggest it to you right now that costs 45 euros on windows as its on sale.. Pcars 2 is cool too , way improved copmpare to Pcars1 and today Pcars 2 got demo so you can try before to buy... :)
  • JZStudiosJZStudios Member Team Principal
    dwkGravey said:
    JZStudios said:
    BTW, since you have an actual 5.1... depending on your setup for things like FPS's n such, for just pure audio reasons, I'd suggest Crysis, F.E.A.R. (which requires a teensy little community patch) and the Witcher 3.
    Oh my god, The Witcher has AMAZING surround support. I've moved from a cheap ($100 logitech 5.1 surround + the ever trusty Logitech X-230) 7.2ish to an actual Yamaha 5.1, but when I was using the 7.2ish... the sound was so natural and it transitioned between speakers so beautifully.... You could ride Roach down the road, see a torch and hear it burning as you approach it, it goes past you, then fades out behind you. It's stupid good. Most games give the rear speakers a terrible canned audio effect, the Witcher does it right and just plays pure audio. Every time I walked into a building and the door closed behind me I thought it was someone coming into my room.
    Mafia 2 also had some pretty good gunfights.
    I bought these speakers (Logitech Z-640) in 2003 IIRC, and the first thing I did with them was the play the whole campaign in Call of Duty with the sound cranked in a single sitting (that was back when I had that kind of time). I traded in the gaming PC for an Xbox in 2004, and the speakers had been in storage for 13 years. Now they're getting a workout with Dirt 4 and RaceRoom.
    I like it a lot ,as the guy say above there are some bad things like loot boxes , was bad optimzed on release on PC but after updates they fixed it..Its more simcade and i love the 700 cars the many tracks and handling.. I suggest it to you right now that costs 45 euros on windows as its on sale.. Pcars 2 is cool too , way improved copmpare to Pcars1 and today Pcars 2 got demo so you can try before to buy... :)
    I had also heard a lot of complaints about the handling. I guess I'm not too worried about though since I'm still running on Win7.
    dwkGravey said:
    JZStudios said:
    BTW, since you have an actual 5.1... depending on your setup for things like FPS's n such, for just pure audio reasons, I'd suggest Crysis, F.E.A.R. (which requires a teensy little community patch) and the Witcher 3.
    Oh my god, The Witcher has AMAZING surround support. I've moved from a cheap ($100 logitech 5.1 surround + the ever trusty Logitech X-230) 7.2ish to an actual Yamaha 5.1, but when I was using the 7.2ish... the sound was so natural and it transitioned between speakers so beautifully.... You could ride Roach down the road, see a torch and hear it burning as you approach it, it goes past you, then fades out behind you. It's stupid good. Most games give the rear speakers a terrible canned audio effect, the Witcher does it right and just plays pure audio. Every time I walked into a building and the door closed behind me I thought it was someone coming into my room.
    Mafia 2 also had some pretty good gunfights.
    I bought these speakers (Logitech Z-640) in 2003 IIRC, and the first thing I did with them was the play the whole campaign in Call of Duty with the sound cranked in a single sitting (that was back when I had that kind of time). I traded in the gaming PC for an Xbox in 2004, and the speakers had been in storage for 13 years. Now they're getting a workout with Dirt 4 and RaceRoom.
    Lol, low wattage. :P I'm sure they sound great, that was back when Logitech made REALLY good speakers for cheap. Never liked the sounds in Call of Duty much though, but back on the OG Xbox I was playing Halo 2 on my dads 1000watt 6.1 Onkyo, which my brother cranked up. That's a pretty damn good sound.
    I just got back from my brother's Thanksgiving party, and I borrowed The Last of Us remastered, which has redone audio with stupid levels of dynamics (whispers are whisper quiet, and gunshots are well... gunshots. I also know that at least for stereo you could actually change the speaker position.) and also nabbed Uncharted 4, which I know less about but is still made by Naughty Dog.

    The one kind of irritation I have for an actual surround system is in forums people talk about how good the "surround" is when they're talking about headphones... Battlefield is actually REALLY disappointingly bad with surround. The front center is ONLY for voice call outs (objectives taken/gained/lost 'n such,) the spanning between channels is poor, and the rears have some terrible audio muffling effect. This is the biggest reason I highly recommend The Witcher, which also supports full 7.1 instead of basically a 4.1.
Sign In or Register to comment.