Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

NEW BROADCAST STYLE 2018!

This is the new broadcast style in 2018, hopefully in the game too!
What do you think about the new design by Liberty Media?

Comments

• LilBrown47LilBrown47 Member Petrol Head
    edited November 2017
    Looks amazing, has got a futuristic and slick loook to it, is easily readable even for the average "layman" to understand what is going on around the track and it even perfectly matches the new F1 logo as well.

What more can one expect, right?!

Seriously this should be a part of Codies "F1 2018" game and onwards, the "OFFICIAL HUD" is needed and is most definitely expected to be a "MUST HAVE", it's the "OFFICIALLY LICENCED F1 PRODUCT" we are talking about here after all.....
    Post edited by LilBrown47 on
    Take the "Black Pill".....

#NukeHumanity
  • CavSTiagoCavSTiago Member Race Steward
    liveTOwin said:

I like, is just, don't is awesome...
  • CavSTiagoCavSTiago Member Race Steward
    I want steering wheel realistic too, for 2018! With more informations like in real life!
  • Ho3n3rHo3n3r Member Race Steward
    edited November 2017
    I don't care how the HUD in the game looks. It's been sufficient every year. It's there to give you information as a driver anyway, not to replicate real F1 broadcast graphics.
    Post edited by Ho3n3r on
  • AdamFreemanAdamFreeman Member Race Steward
    Like the current hud better than that new one change is not always a good thing.
  • sebasdenbsebasdenb Member Wheel Nut
    edited November 2017
    where did you find this? don’t see any news on it myself. Or is it a concept? If so, you should mention that in the title.
  • SamReaNSamReaN Member Unleaded
    IF this is the broadcast i like it, i did not think too much on the whole dark grey setting sky sports used, but can't wait for 2018
  • liveTOwinliveTOwin Member Petrol Head
    edited November 2017
    sebasdenb said:
    where did you find this? don’t see any news on it myself. Or is it a concept? If so, you should mention that in the title.
    liberty media press info, im working for a press. you get infos too on motorsport.com (new f1 logo).
  • scottishwildcatscottishwildcat Member, Drivers Champion
    That is a terrible font to use on any TV broadcast. It's barely legible up close, let alone across a room.
    Braked: the past tense of brake.
    Broke, brokenanything within reach when I hear racing gamers say 'broke' instead of 'braked'.
  • MrGhostO1OMrGhostO1O Member Co-Driver
    There is absolutely no need to change the overlay.

The current one is completely fine and well looking.
    The one in the picture above is absolutely disgusting!
  • 1henryw1henryw Member Unleaded
    It should never have been changed from the old big yellow numbers and full surnames in capitals of the 90s era. Made it easy for anyone to see who was leading and what was going on. Never got why they changed it. Now the average person landing on the race has no idea what's going on.
  • liveTOwinliveTOwin Member Petrol Head
    There are more infos about the new broadcast design by liberty media in F1 2018.
    (Press Info)

• stephensmattleestephensmattlee Member Race Steward
    liveTOwin said:
    There are more infos about the new broadcast design by liberty media in F1 2018.
    (Press Info)

I’m all for change and all but my god does it look awful. Was nothing wrong with the old logo or hud design, even if they made it more slightly refined I’d probably have been fairly happy, this however looks more like change for the sake of change, rather than improved. Nearly as ridiculous as the number of different tyre compounds for next season. 

Sorry for the rant, maybe it’ll grow on me in time... maybe 
  • tarrantinotarrantino Member Pit Crew
    Now we know why 2017 didn’t have the official HUD. 
  • martblokemartbloke Member Co-Driver
    True. I was 1 that really wanted the official HUD for 2017 but now, if this truly are the new official graphics, hell nah! Keep the Codies HUD please for 2018!!
  • ale85bgale85bg Member Unleaded
    liveTOwin said:
    Not a fan of the fonts used, honestly, and the edges are tll rounded for my liking.
    I don't know, the 2017 one looked better to me. Yet the logo is starting to grow on me...
  • LuigiPeceguiniLuigiPeceguini Member New Car Smell
    liveTOwin said:

Forza Ferrari!
  • WestyyWestyy Member Unleaded
    Not really, if that was the case they wouldn't of added the official F1 intro.
  • Senna755Senna755 Member Pit Crew
    As long as they don't make it like the atrocity that Formula E uses.  It boggles the mind that somebody's designed it like that, sat back in his chair and said "yeah, that's pretty good"!