Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

SPAM - The endless annoyance

Comments

• Ho3n3rHo3n3r Member Co-Driver
    edited December 2017
  • fIsince08fIsince08 Member Moderator
    Ho3n3r said:
    Gone :)

I am not a Codemasters employee.

#RIPJules

---->Forum Rules<----   ---->Forum FAQ<----

fIsince08 said:
    Ho3n3r said:
    Thanks! It was getting ridiculous. I wonder what these bots are supposed to achieve...
  • huckleberrypiehuckleberrypie Member New Car Smell
    What about implementing a Stop Forum Spam blacklist? I've been using that on my own message boards and so far it has stopped dozens upon dozens of spam registration attempts, way before they even manage to register at all. Sure there are some that get past the cracks, but those are rare.
  • huckleberrypiehuckleberrypie Member New Car Smell
    And whilst we're at it, here's one of those culprits:
    http://forums.codemasters.com/profile/duklsec03

• ChromaticChromatic Member, Drivers Co-Driver
    Ho3n3r said:
    fIsince08 said:
    Ho3n3r said:
    Thanks! It was getting ridiculous. I wonder what these bots are supposed to achieve...

North korea's answer too world domination

How many different racing lines will you take 

Originally Withyman on the old forum's 

My YouTube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/TBCFormulae 

Manor may be gone but the history they made lives on

@fIsince08 it's happening again...      
    Ho3n3r said:
    @fIsince08 it's happening again...      
    I've cleared up some of it, but there's 29 pages of individual spam bots in General Discussion and I'm not sitting here till Santa comes cleaning it up by myself! @SkiddyMcCrash @MBKF1 @jennyannem little help please?

#RIPJules

• SkiddyMcCrashSkiddyMcCrash Member Champion
    I'm already here. I banned 6 pages of spambots before you even got here lol

AMD [email protected]/EVGA GTX 970 SC ACX 2/16gb RAM/OS - Win 10/Turtle Beach X11/360pad                                 View - Front Bumper Cam/No Assists

• DiRTKiNG808DiRTKiNG808 Member Race Steward
    YES! The cavalry has arrived! Lets get rid of those stupid spamers.
  • YiscYisc Member New Car Smell

Unbelievable the ammount of spam that comes on every time around the same period of the year.

Reporting all of it, is impossible at the moment as it's just too much.

Yisc said:

Unbelievable the ammount of spam that comes on every time around the same period of the year.

Reporting isn't needed, we can see it, don't worry! The only problem is that the Codies staff aren't here (it is Christmas Eve) and us three moderators only have basic tools with which to deal with it.

#RIPJules

fIsince08 said:
    Yisc said:

Reporting isn't needed, we can see it, don't worry! The only problem is that the Codies staff aren't here (it is Christmas Eve) and us three moderators only have basic tools with which to deal with it.

Ah, thanks for mentioning that, saves me a lot of clicking.

Merry Christmas to you and all other mods, Codies staff and forum visitors.

"Recent Discussions" has become pretty useless with all the spam. First 8 pages just spam, before you get to the first non-spam post.
  • DidzisDidzis Member Team Principal
    This is just ridiculous - 600 pages of spam in the Codemasters - General Discussion thread
    i5-3350P | Be Quiet! Shadow Rock 2 | MSI B75A-G43 Gaming | MSI HD7870 OC | Kingston HyperX Red 8GB | Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB | WDC Blue 1TB | Corsair VS550 | Fractal-Design Core 3000 | Logitech Driving Force GT + Logitech Formula Force EX

DiRT 2 | DiRT 3 CE | DiRT Showdown | DiRT Rally | DiRT 4 | GRID | GRID 2 | GRID Autosport | F1 2015
    I'm afraid it's a bit beyond what we're capable of dealing with, we don't get any admin tools to use in situations like this so it depends when the staff get back as to when it's dealt with.

#RIPJules

• SkiddyMcCrashSkiddyMcCrash Member Champion
    edited December 2017
    We were here for 4 hours after my last post, deleting and banning another 30 pages of accounts

Half an hour later and the site looked like we hadn't done anything, again.

If it was down to me I'd be messaging a few of the companies the spammer is working for, asking them how their adverts for their North American universities ended up being adverstised on an English gaming website, in Korean. Korean speaking gamers in the US must be a huge market...

AMD [email protected]/EVGA GTX 970 SC ACX 2/16gb RAM/OS - Win 10/Turtle Beach X11/360pad                                 View - Front Bumper Cam/No Assists

I don't know if anyone is in the position to arrange it, but I am willing to help cleaning the forum.
    Yisc said:
    I don't know if anyone is in the position to arrange it, but I am willing to help cleaning the forum.
    None of us can organise that and it's somewhat pointless anyway - we can delete all of the spam but until Codies get the prevention working it's a losing battle.

#RIPJules

• Videogamer13Videogamer13 Member New Car Smell
    edited January 1
    I'm back now, and sorry for inactive for ages due to real-life job.

That's unbelievable when I see a lot of spams in this forums. :( It also happened to the other forums where I was a moderator, and keep fighting against spammers. I hope Codies will do something to stop it asap. We will never give up until the spammers are defeated.