Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

DiRTy Gossip Thread

Comments

• Madhun1967Madhun1967 Member Pit Crew
    HMMMMM , hope its not WRC7 -like garbage 
  • Accro2008Accro2008 Member Pit Crew
    edited February 5
    Also no "wrc 8" domain to be seen, that's a bit weird even if there is still plenty of time.

Hopefully this will be a great new foundation for the v-rally video game serie.
    V-rally 3 did some great things back in the days, they really did a great job capturing the atmosphere of the service park and the behind the scene (contracts, try out, press etc).
    And that intro i will always remember it.  

• LudwigVonMisesLudwigVonMises Member Co-Driver
    Accro2008 said:
    Also no "wrc 8" domain to be seen, that's a bit weird even if there is still plenty of time.

That's because they use wrcthegame.com 
  • KingOfCoinsKingOfCoins Member Champion
    V-Rally 3 had an excellent arcade mode tho
    If you have everything under control, you're not going fast enough
    -Mario Andretti
  • RallyDrivenRallyDriven Member Champion
    JZStudios said:
    carpa said:

You'll always be welcome on this side of the hype train  ;)
    I wonder how long before he actually IS just on the DiRTy gossip, and not actual insider information.
    Probably a little while! I think he probably knows too much at the moment!

• VirtuaIceManVirtuaIceMan Member Petrol Head
    Curious that Bigben Interactive registered those domains, given that they do the WRC games with Kylotonn. Perhaps they're planning for a potential future where the official license moves on somewhere else...
  • dani211212dani211212 Member Pit Crew
    edited February 6
    Curious that Bigben Interactive registered those domains, given that they do the WRC games with Kylotonn. Perhaps they're planning for a potential future where the official license moves on somewhere else...
    I think,they will continue to make standard new WRC games.
    and V-Rally will be direction with older WRC Cars (70s 80s 90s 2000s and 2010s).Which is good, because
    they have agreement with WRC, so licence for those Cars wont be problem, i am hoping for the Iconic Cars. (and of course Toyota Celica and Corolla)
    the only problem could be car Psychic and to Arcadey mode if they use same engine like wrc game.. 
  • dgeesi0dgeesi0 Member Champion
    v rally i loved on ps1 :)                                          
  • DytutDytut Member Champion
    I think,they will continue to make standard new WRC games.
    and V-Rally will be direction with older WRC Cars (70s 80s 90s 2000s and 2010s).Which is good, because
    they have agreement with WRC, so licence for those Cars wont be problem, i am hoping for the Iconic Cars. (and of course Toyota Celica and Corolla)
    the only problem could be car Psychic and to Arcadey mode if they use same engine like wrc game.. 
    I'd think so too. Only prudent of them to plan ahead to using the WRC engine in their own IP, even if they make both WRC 8 and 9. If they can keep on improving their physics model they might be able to go more sim for V-Rally. Or they'll go for a more arcade style for V-Rally, we'll see.
    Arete or 43. M. Andersson on steam/leaderboards.

• VirtuaIceManVirtuaIceMan Member Petrol Head
    Previous installments of WRC from Milestone had classic cars in, so I don't think the WRC license prevents that (more time in modelling them/physics etc).

I'm not sure they'd be allowed to develop a competing rally racing game to their main WRC one, as the license with the WRC might not allow that.

When Milestone lost the WRC they did Seb Loeb's Rally Evo, perhaps Kylotonn are planning for a future without the WRC name.

I guess the ultimate what-if scenario is if Codemasters went after the WRC, if they had a chance...
  • dani211212dani211212 Member Pit Crew
    edited February 9
    My i ask
    ChristinaMc do we get Road Book any time soon?
    Miss News about Dirt..
  • DiRTKiNG808DiRTKiNG808 Member Race Steward
    My i ask
    ChristinaMc do we get Road Book any time soon?
    Miss News about Dirt..
    If all goes to plan, there will be one in the next week or two! :)
    YEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! I love the road books. Do you know how hard it is to find good reading material these days? ;)
  • Madhun1967Madhun1967 Member Pit Crew
    I  would like to hear news about Dirt4 or new sequel.Roadbook would be great :)
  • JZStudiosJZStudios Member Champion
    Good for them if it encourages player numbers, but personally no interest at all if it's on the same 15-20km of tiles as I've driven over 100s of times already. At least it's with one of the better handling cars. I presume that's what the week's mooted road book will be about too. Sorry to be a Grinch, but 'meh'; I'm not a world beater and whilst I enjoy online racing (albeit prefer offline), this isn't for me.

Will leave my negative vibes here, won't clog up the announcement thread.
    I'd have to agree. It might be fun for Luke, Porky, and Dgeesi0, but other than that.... 
  • tbtstttbtstt Member Champion
    Sorry to be a Grinch, but 'meh'; I'm not a world beater and whilst I enjoy online racing (albeit prefer offline), this isn't for me.
    Yeah, I'm thinking along the same lines. I have been enjoying replaying a lot of the career Championships the last couple of weeks, but I haven't got a hope in hell of winning anything online! 

"If In Doubt, Flat Out!"

• dgeesi0dgeesi0 Member Champion
    JZStudios said:
    Good for them if it encourages player numbers, but personally no interest at all if it's on the same 15-20km of tiles as I've driven over 100s of times already. At least it's with one of the better handling cars. I presume that's what the week's mooted road book will be about too. Sorry to be a Grinch, but 'meh'; I'm not a world beater and whilst I enjoy online racing (albeit prefer offline), this isn't for me.

Will leave my negative vibes here, won't clog up the announcement thread.
    I'd have to agree. It might be fun for Luke, Porky, and Dgeesi0, but other than that.... 
    i will be honest it for dirt 4 so doubt i will do it. also most likelt wont be able to make event anyways. no point in entering if cant make it . that happened last time we had this for dirt rally on sweet lamb.i won it but couldnt go.