Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Problem with AI pitting and not changing tyres, during weather transitions.

Comments

• haitch40haitch40 Member, Drivers Pit Crew
    So I think i've seen someone else have a similar problem, but there's now a glitch where the AI won't go onto wet tyres when the track becomes wet due to rain, they will pit over and over again but will keep going onto dry tyres. This happened to me in a career mode race, i'm not sure if it happens outside career mode but you really need to look into this codemasters. Completely ruined a really great race I was having. I haven't been on the game over christmas but it didnt happen before then so i'm not sure if this is due to one of the updates you've recently brought in which has caused an error in the game.

Please do something about this, despite some bugs overall this game is really good to play but this has changed it completely 

Oh I had this too, also at singapore. First go round half the field did it but after restarting the race only the williams did it. Kept pitting and putting on dry tyres in the wet.
  • TAKIINOUETAKIINOUE Member Pit Crew
     I've not encountered this bug yet. I suppose it's something I need to look forward to..
  • AdamFreemanAdamFreeman Member Race Steward
    Not buying 2018 after this broken trash! 1.09 did not have this issue so they have broke wet races with a recent patch and its absolutely didgusting if they just keep fobbing customers off.

I feel like the released version was in a better state which makes me question them as coders/developers!
  • TonyHamTonyHam Member New Car Smell
    Terrible customer relations, they've taken the money and ran.
  • aegschumiaegschumi Member New Car Smell
    I will keep it on the recent discussions. Until the CM ban me or fix the problem.

Fix to problem. Simply is that
  • tarrantinotarrantino Member Pit Crew
    This will not be fixed. It’s mid February now and they’ll be firmly on 2018. Vote with your wallet, that’s the only way to make a difference. 
    I agree, if there are no more patches we should all boycott 2018. It's the only way to make them see we won't accept the way we're being treated.
  • CompLex1986CompLex1986 Member Wheel Nut
    I think that they really don't know how to fix it. They are not lying when they say that they have to reproduce the issue for themselves. Because any fixed bug is an improvement for F1 2018 and can be released as a patch / hotfix for F1 2017.
  • Akkan74Akkan74 Member Wheel Nut

In my opinion it is really weak to say we are concentrating on new projects and for me this means we stop supporting F1 2017.

If they doesn't learn from failures in F1 2017 and never learn how to fix it, there will never be a nearly bug free and well functional F1 2018.

• FRACTUREDFRACTURED Member, Drivers Champion
    Akkan74 said:

In my opinion it is really weak to say we are concentrating on new projects and for me this means we stop supporting F1 2017.

If they doesn't learn from failures in F1 2017 and never learn how to fix it, there will never be a nearly bug free and well functional F1 2018.

Once they move into the next cycle, thats the end of support for the current game. Its been suggested that proposed fixes to implement with 18 could be applied to 17 to check they are stable and don't wreck anything else before applying them to 18 (like codies have ever broke something that with a patch!!!)
    VIOLENCE. SPEED. MOMENTUM.

The two time, 2016/2018 F1 Beta testing Champion of the World.
    #CMVOTEWITHYOURWALLET#CMVOTEWITHYOURWALLET
  • BrendhainBrendhain Member New Car Smell
    You know, it's understandable that people would want an answer about this, even if it's just them saying they're trying to work on it. Like I know from other games that it might not be an easy fix as maybe it breaks something else. However, without anything from Codemasters it's not reflecting well. As it is I haven't been able to touch any of my career saves for over two weeks. I'm honestly not expecting to until at least next week, but I'd really like to have some idea of whether there's any hope of actually getting to play it as I never got to complete one as I came in on a late deal.

That said, to some of the less civil people here, do you really think you're helping the situation? I mean seriously if you were in their shoes would you really want to take the time to post on a board that's becoming so toxic towards the reps?
  • tarrantinotarrantino Member Pit Crew
    @Brendhain it’s the lack of posting that’s made this a toxic environment. If they were forthcoming and made posts and admitted their faults I think it would a bit better. Granted the frustration of buying a product not being fix is a massive factor but no one knows anything. 
    @Brendhain it’s the lack of posting that’s made this a toxic environment. If they were forthcoming and made posts and admitted their faults I think it would a bit better. Granted the frustration of buying a product not being fix is a massive factor but no one knows anything. 
    Yeah. What we'll get is Jenny or Hoo with a politician hat on telling us how sorry they are, not committing to a single thing and asking the community to have faith that everything will improve. 

Effectively, groundhog day.

The prosecution rests.

at least they were trying to solve it. @jennyannem thank you for the information. we look forward to progress and solve

• martblokemartbloke Member Co-Driver
    This has been an issue for months (before Jan 9th when this thread was 1st created) and is a massive game breaker when playing career where you have no control of the weather to eliminate the issue AND was caused by their own mistake (patch), yet they're only looking at it now?!? Hmmm. More like it's being looked at now to get it fixed for F1 2018. 

As you can tell, lost all faith in 1) this being fixed for F1 2017 and 2) if it is, that nothing else breaks as a result of another rushed patch.
  • CompLex1986CompLex1986 Member Wheel Nut
    Just let them have a few weeks and see what they turn up with.
    I really stopped playing the game.. I expect the problem to be resolved