Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

DiRTy Gossip Thread

Comments

• KickUpKickUp Member, Codemasters Champion
    KickUp said:
    Morning, @KickUp - i'm guessing you've been very busy, not seen you post for a long time...
    Oh yeah. I’ve been here, I’ve just not had anything to say. We’ve definitely been busy. 
    Let's just say that we notice your absence after all the hard work you put in when you're here.
    Yeah. I’m sorry I haven’t been here more. 

DiRT Chief Game Designer & Co Driver.

Twitter kick_up

• dgeesi0dgeesi0 Member Champion
    i loved burnout paradise :)                             
  • carpacarpa Member Petrol Head
    BadD0g said:
     they shift gears forever with no top gear just because shifting sounds cool
    ...b-but then how would you bounce off the rev limiter?
    "I race to win, of course. But even before of winning, I race to race. As fast as possible"
    - Gilles Villeneuve
  • DiRTKiNG808DiRTKiNG808 Member Race Steward
    tbtstt said:
    Does anyone remember Split/Second? Another great arcade racer, my mate found a copy a few weeks ago and we started playing it again: still thought it was good! 
    Oh ya! I love Split/Second! I played that game a ton and got gold on everything. My brother and I still play split-screen from time to time. I was so disappointed when the sequel got cancelled. Why Disney, why?!
  • DytutDytut Member Team Principal
    Yeah split/second was great. Completely over the top but in a massively fun way. One of the few arcade racers I've really enjoyed.
    Arete or 43. M. Andersson on steam/leaderboards.

• RallyDrivenRallyDriven Member Champion
    tbtstt said:
    Does anyone remember Split/Second? Another great arcade racer, my mate found a copy a few weeks ago and we started playing it again: still thought it was good! 
    Oh ya! I love Split/Second! I played that game a ton and got gold on everything. My brother and I still play split-screen from time to time. I was so disappointed when the sequel got cancelled. Why Disney, why?!
    Do you want me to beat him in a tournament?
  • BadD0gBadD0g Member Team Principal
    carpa said:
    BadD0g said:
     they shift gears forever with no top gear just because shifting sounds cool
    ...b-but then how would you bounce off the rev limiter?

|  CPU: i7-4790K  |  RAM: 16GB  |  GPU: MSI 970  |  OS: Win7  |  [D0gfish] on Steam
    Dirty Forumers League - "Missile vs Bullet" 3rd place 
  • boganibogani Member Champion
    Since it's silence, here is an awesome interview with Markus Grönholm. It's in norwegian and swedish, but english subs. Well worth a watch, Grönholm is an extremely entertaining man :)

"I had the biggest moose problem in my whole life I think"

"Was it on the side of the road?"

"Huh?"

"The moose"

"The mousse in the tire"

• F2CMaDMaXXF2CMaDMaXX Member Team Principal
    Saw nothing, i wonder what was mentioned.
  • carpacarpa Member Petrol Head
    Did Someone watched GameBlast18 with Dirt Crew yesterday? i did search for video, but cant find... according to this twitt there was talk about new Dirt Game?

I think the stream replay is available here:

https://m.twitch.tv/runescape/profile

But I can't get the site to work on my mobile so I'm not sure
    "I race to win, of course. But even before of winning, I race to race. As fast as possible"
    - Gilles Villeneuve
  • versediversedi Member Champion
    edited February 24
    Found it:

Ehh the embed doesn't work, heres the url:
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/231941272

Starts at 4:47:05

My body is short

• RodgerDaviesRodgerDavies Member Champion
    gfRally said:
    Wow, I feel like a selfish jerk watching this for Gossip, I didn't know what GameBlast was about.  

This really tugs at my heart to see what these kids deal with (and how well they do!), its very kind of the gaming community to set up charity events like this.  

Thumbs up to Codies for implementing options for the disabled to play an enjoy your games.

+1, well said
  • DiRTKiNG808DiRTKiNG808 Member Race Steward
    Awesome. I love how video games capture the imagination and let you participate in sports or worlds you never could otherwise.
  • tbtstttbtstt Member Champion
    Just seen a post on Facebook indicating that Gravel is out today? The comments on FB seem rather scathing. Anyone on here played it yet? 

"If In Doubt, Flat Out!"

• TURBODEVIN19TURBODEVIN19 Member Petrol Head
    There's a demo on Steam, I think I've seen @MiatakiasGR play it.

Steam
    : turbodevin | GFWL: TURBODEVIN19 | Twitter: turbodevin

DiRT | DiRT 2 | DiRT 3 CE | DiRT Showdown | DiRT Rally VR | DiRT 4 | DTM Race Driver 3 | GRID | GRID 2 | GRID Autosport LBE | F1 2013 CE | Toybox Turbos

Thrustmaster TX Racing Wheel Leather Edition
  • VirtuaIceManVirtuaIceMan Member Race Steward
    I ordered it, but UK snow prevents it arriving I think. It's getting some pretty good reviews on Steam http://store.steampowered.com/app/558260/Gravel/
    Just remember: it's an ARCADE game, so should be fun!
  • EvilsmurfEvilsmurf Member Race Engineer
    Done one race in the demo last night, was fun... just not my sort of game. Might pick it up in a few months when it's on sale.

Twitch: twitch.tv/evilsmurf76

Twitter: Evilsmurf76

Steam: Evilsmurf

PSN: evilsmurf1976