Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

F1 2018 Halo suggestion

Whenever I see an onboard camera of the real cars with the Halo on them I wonder how we’re gonna use the T-cam for the 2018 game. I came up with an idea for the T-cam to make the game more fun while keeping it close to how the real cars look. So my idea is that we could have an option to turn the halo’s opacity up and down for the t-cam do that we could decide for ourselves wether we want to have a 100% realistic experience or a more practical experience while maintaining the halo on the car but just a little more transparant.
  • Steering wheelThrustmaster T300 RS GT Wheel with F1 wheel add-on
  • SeatingPlaySeat Revolution (Black edition)
  • Attended Events: Abu Dhabi 2016 GP / Hungary 2017 GP / Barcelona Winter Testing 2018
«1

Comments

  • ffigueirffigueir Member Wheel Nut
    I've already seen videos with halo and t-cam. It's absolutely no issue at all. It could only possible obsctruct your view in cockpit cam, which nobody uses.
    I only play in cockpit can. I will probably not buy the game if they don't provide an option to turn off the Halo.
  • kevinkirkkevinkirk Member Team Principal
    The halo doesnt effect the driving in tcam.
    Xbox one, controller
  • lolschrauberlolschrauber Member Race Engineer
    ffigueir said:
    I've already seen videos with halo and t-cam. It's absolutely no issue at all. It could only possible obsctruct your view in cockpit cam, which nobody uses.
    I only play in cockpit can. I will probably not buy the game if they don't provide an option to turn off the Halo.
    Same and same. Halo is a bigger problem in a game than in real life because of the way your eyes work, I really really wish they'd just leave it out of the game or have the option. 
    Does your life have a TV-Cam? No, it doesn't.
  • CatPower85CatPower85 Member Unleaded
    edited March 11
    Surely 'realistic' means you only use cockpit ? I find T cam too easy and if im 71 and use cockpit surely you 'young uns" can ? 
  • lolschrauberlolschrauber Member Race Engineer
    edited March 11
    Surely 'realistic' means you only use cockpit ? I find T cam too easy and if im 71 and use cockpit surely you 'young uns" can ? 
    T-Cam users deny that they use it because of the difficulty most of the time. I don't know why. Some claim that cockpit cam is not realistic enough with the FoV, you can't see the mirrors, you'd need triple screens or VR, yada yada.

    Truth is that it indeed is a lot easier. There are plenty of tracks that have corners where it's ridiculously hard to spot and hit the apex properly in cockpit cam, where as using T-Cam makes it a lot easier because the camera is a lot higher up.
    Does your life have a TV-Cam? No, it doesn't.
  • rbfan09rbfan09 Member New Car Smell
    i run cockpit/helmet cam for most racing sims. i use to drive cockpit cam on f1 before i jumped to tcam because it was faster easier to expoilt track limits. tcam with halo isn't to bad neither is  cockpit cam. my guess is f1 will turn into needforspeed with every one driven in bumper cam.
  • rbfan09rbfan09 Member New Car Smell
    Surely 'realistic' means you only use cockpit ? I find T cam too easy and if im 71 and use cockpit surely you 'young uns" can ? 
    T-Cam users deny that they use it because of the difficulty most of the time. I don't know why. Some claim that cockpit cam is not realistic enough with the FoV, you can't see the mirrors, you'd need triple screens or VR, yada yada.

    Truth is that it indeed is a lot easier. There are plenty of tracks that have corners where it's ridiculously hard to spot and hit the apex properly in cockpit cam, where as using T-Cam makes it a lot easier because the camera is a lot higher up.
    cockpit cam ingame is set to high. eye point of veiw should be abit higher than rev meter on wheel. eau rodge f1 drivers cant see track on decent only the heavens. 
  • Akkan74Akkan74 Member Wheel Nut

    I don't understand the endless discussion. You are using cockpit cam and maybe have a higher difficult Level? Fine. You can be proud to master the game. Others using tcam. It's also fine. You lost a race against a guy using tcam? Oh poor guy, what a shame. Is it so hard to loose a race, that everybody needs to blame tcam to defend themselves? I really didn't understand it. At the end of the day it is only a game. Nobody earns money with it and nobody will get an Invitation from a F1 Team because of his high skill.

    Still Play the game and let everybody use what he/she want. Maybe Codemasters could make the Ranking sortable to remove all assist or tcam users, to fullfill all your needs and to be sure you are proud of yourself.

  • kevinkirkkevinkirk Member Team Principal
    Akkan74 said:

    I don't understand the endless discussion. You are using cockpit cam and maybe have a higher difficult Level? Fine. You can be proud to master the game. Others using tcam. It's also fine. You lost a race against a guy using tcam? Oh poor guy, what a shame. Is it so hard to loose a race, that everybody needs to blame tcam to defend themselves? I really didn't understand it. At the end of the day it is only a game. Nobody earns money with it and nobody will get an Invitation from a F1 Team because of his high skill.

    Still Play the game and let everybody use what he/she want. Maybe Codemasters could make the Ranking sortable to remove all assist or tcam users, to fullfill all your needs and to be sure you are proud of yourself.

      well, of course they want the playing field to be even among the players online and of course everytime they log onto multi player they shouldnt just accept its not, or ignore it.  No more than you would exempt you will be losing in online shooter because you have to ignore some are using auto aim to shoot you.
    Xbox one, controller
  • Akkan74Akkan74 Member Wheel Nut
    kevinkirk said:
    Akkan74 said:

    I don't understand the endless discussion. You are using cockpit cam and maybe have a higher difficult Level? Fine. You can be proud to master the game. Others using tcam. It's also fine. You lost a race against a guy using tcam? Oh poor guy, what a shame. Is it so hard to loose a race, that everybody needs to blame tcam to defend themselves? I really didn't understand it. At the end of the day it is only a game. Nobody earns money with it and nobody will get an Invitation from a F1 Team because of his high skill.

    Still Play the game and let everybody use what he/she want. Maybe Codemasters could make the Ranking sortable to remove all assist or tcam users, to fullfill all your needs and to be sure you are proud of yourself.

      well, of course they want the playing field to be even among the players online and of course everytime they log onto multi player they shouldnt just accept its not, or ignore it.  No more than you would exempt you will be losing in online shooter because you have to ignore some are using auto aim to shoot you.


    I understand your Point and for this Problem Codemasters should implement a filter at creating online sessions that only Cockpit cam is allowed.

    For me personally, it's not a Problem. I don't mind if somebody using anything else. If i can win fine. If i am second or third but performed well it's also fine.

    I think the tcam is overrated by the most Players. Yes you have another field of view and you have a better view of Corners, especialy there is someone in front of you. But is it really faster? i don't know. There are many guys on YouTube which are very fast and use both.

  • Ho3n3rHo3n3r Member Race Steward
    I've already seen videos with halo and t-cam. It's absolutely no issue at all. It could only possible obsctruct your view in cockpit cam, which nobody uses.
    I use only cockpit cam..
  • lolschrauberlolschrauber Member Race Engineer
    rbfan09 said:
    Surely 'realistic' means you only use cockpit ? I find T cam too easy and if im 71 and use cockpit surely you 'young uns" can ? 
    T-Cam users deny that they use it because of the difficulty most of the time. I don't know why. Some claim that cockpit cam is not realistic enough with the FoV, you can't see the mirrors, you'd need triple screens or VR, yada yada.

    Truth is that it indeed is a lot easier. There are plenty of tracks that have corners where it's ridiculously hard to spot and hit the apex properly in cockpit cam, where as using T-Cam makes it a lot easier because the camera is a lot higher up.
    cockpit cam ingame is set to high. eye point of veiw should be abit higher than rev meter on wheel. eau rodge f1 drivers cant see track on decent only the heavens. 
    Well and T-Cam is even higher.

    I usually configured my cockpit cam to be as low as possible though, because it did seem more realistic.
    Does your life have a TV-Cam? No, it doesn't.
  • IvanoZ023IvanoZ023 Member Unleaded
    I've already seen videos with halo and t-cam. It's absolutely no issue at all. It could only possible obsctruct your viewin cockpit cam, which nobody uses.

    There is also the possibility of driving from a dron camera. That would be best for you.

  • lolschrauberlolschrauber Member Race Engineer
    IvanoZ023 said:
    I've already seen videos with halo and t-cam. It's absolutely no issue at all. It could only possible obsctruct your viewin cockpit cam, which nobody uses.

    There is also the possibility of driving from a dron camera. That would be best for you.

    Why not have a bird view of the entire track at once?! Nothing obscuring your view!
    Does your life have a TV-Cam? No, it doesn't.
  • WestyyWestyy Member Unleaded
    edited March 12
    Surely 'realistic' means you only use cockpit ? I find T cam too easy and if im 71 and use cockpit surely you 'young uns" can ? 
    T-Cam users deny that they use it because of the difficulty most of the time. I don't know why. Some claim that cockpit cam is not realistic enough with the FoV, you can't see the mirrors, you'd need triple screens or VR, yada yada.

    Truth is that it indeed is a lot easier. There are plenty of tracks that have corners where it's ridiculously hard to spot and hit the apex properly in cockpit cam, where as using T-Cam makes it a lot easier because the camera is a lot higher up.
    Both have their advantages but it's mostly preference & for me it completely depends on the car I'm using. Let's just hope VR is added in the next years game to solve the issue the Halo will have in cockpit. But to say no-one uses cockpit camera will be completely absurd.
  • kevinkirkkevinkirk Member Team Principal
    edited March 13
    Im going to use the halo but if for some reason the FIA wont let them remove it then they might as well just add unlimited full adjustments to the driving cams, Like PCars has. We can have a custom view  to our liking by placing it anywhere and be done with it.  
    Xbox one, controller
  • ZieonnZieonn Member New Car Smell
    For all those complaining about T-Cam and Cockpit I do the same lap times on both views.. Its more about how well you know the track and not the camera..
  • kevinkirkkevinkirk Member Team Principal
    Zieonn said:
    For all those complaining about T-Cam and Cockpit I do the same lap times on both views.. Its more about how well you know the track and not the camera..
    that not a good thing and it has everything to do with the camera because if effects how your brain judges things around you. Thats why FOV is so important
    Xbox one, controller
  • IvanoZ023IvanoZ023 Member Unleaded
    I think this year will be VR support. It's the only way to drive from the cockpit with Halo.
«1
Sign In or Register to comment.