Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Before you all get too excited about the Beta program, a reminder about CM's treatment of fans

2»

Comments

• Operator1Operator1 Member, Drivers Champion
    edited April 8

kevinkirk said:
    could you explain to me whats that about? Wouldnt the car  look the same in both games if both were modeled correctly to how the 2002 car looked? 

In an over-simplified nutshell: I could profit by selling you something I made, or I could profit by selling you something someone else made (without giving the creator any credit or compensation).

*Disclaimer: my comments are only my own musings, not 
    'stating opinions as facts' or 'speaking for others.'
    #NeverPreOrder. It's outrageous that consumers have to BEG game companies to simply make games that reliably function properly. Consumers do NOT buy video games to waste their recreational time doing the unpaid work of a paid professional tester. It's nonsense to imply game companies have no obligation to deliver games of consistently reliable function quality just because "it's not easy & nothing is perfect & you can't please everybody." Company decision-makers listen to consumer spending, not consumer feedback - they don't care if it works properly as long as it sells enough, and every purchase is a vote of approval that helps fund more of the same. #VoteWithYourWallet

• LilBrown47LilBrown47 Member Race Steward
    @kevinkirk

>could you explain to me whats that about? Wouldnt the car  look the same in both games if both were modeled correctly to how the 2002 car looked? 

@Operator1 already offered the perfect nutshell.

I can only add to it:

If two 3d artists create a 3d model of the same "real life" data, in this case the '02 Ferrari F1 car, the main "bonestructure" of those two 3d models will most definitely be completely different.

It's almost impossible that two different artists will have created the "exact" same "bonestructure" out of thin air without the data being stolen, and that is basically what happened here.

Codies stole the Assetto Corsa '02 Ferrari F1 model and didn't bother to properly credit the original artist, only after having been called out for their "theft" they paid the artist 159 bucks to demonstrate their "generosity", which is a bad joke and a undervalued scandal imho.....
    Take the "Black Pill".....

#NukeHumanity
  • DiscoDaveDiscoDave Member Wheel Nut
    mceci1 said:
    There is a lot of complaining for a game that's semi decent. F1 is not broken, you want proof, have a look at how poorly the Star Wars Battlefront 2 players are being treated. At least Codemasters are putting some effort in. EA is a joke
    You're talking about 1 game.

We're talking about a series, which has included bugs being identified and rectified in previous versions of the game, only to surface again in later iterations for....reasons?

• UP100UP100 Member Race Steward
    DiscoDave said:

We're talking about a series, which has included bugs being identified and rectified in previous versions of the game, only to surface again in later iterations for....reasons?

One was also created by a huge company with a lot of money and more time.
  • marsal79marsal79 Member, Drivers Wheel Nut
    edited April 10
    totaly ovewloaded and unfairly comment from you..
     Games f1 series may be not perfect- but cm is taking care about us, much more than other companies..
    what do you espect? that cm answer to every single stupid request ?
  • tarrantinotarrantino Member Pit Crew
    marsal79 said:
     Games f1 series may be not perfect- but cm is taking care about us, much more than other companies..
    No we don’t expect every “stupid” request answered but the significant questions were left unanswered and left unfixed. 
  • Razer12hopRazer12hop Member Pit Crew
    marsal79 said:

No codemasters does not care about there customers they care about money. Witch is not that bad of course. But the product they make and sell is off low quality. They price and quality are not in balance. Codemasters does not care about there customers and support. Multiplayer for example is a complete mess. And this has been the case for 3 years now. They ignore the feedback of the customers and didn't make any good effort to fix the issue. Why didn't they do that. Because it takes to much effort and resources to fix those big issues. It would simply cost them money. Of course they listen to the public time to time. If a x amount of people ask of a simple small feature in the game they will make it. Only because they can advertise the new feature for the new game.
  • ShouldBeThereShouldBeThere Member Wheel Nut
    There was a response. It was an external artist who used the mod and then later back credited the author and paid for it. 
  • 1512marcel1512marcel Member, Drivers Team Principal
    marsal79 said:
    marsal79 said:
    You are responding to your own post, right?

If you use ABS or Traction Control, you are no longer a racing driver.

1512Marcel

If I get a few more questions about my driving style I think I headbutt someone.

Max Verstappen

• DiscoDaveDiscoDave Member Wheel Nut
    UP100 said:
    DiscoDave said:

One was also created by a huge company with a lot of money and more time.
    And one called "Code Masters"
    DiscoDave said:
    And one called "Code Masters"
    Last year, 4 employees from Codemasters EVO studio participated in the UK's biggest game jam Jamchester 2017. They ended up winning 'Best Game' and 'Best Design & Gameplay' awards.

Codemasters is also one of the oldest British game studios and they have released around 150 games to date. They have also won awards such as Best Racing Game ( F1 2016 & DIRT Rally ), Best Technology (EGO Engine) and UK Developer of the Year.

• LilBrown47LilBrown47 Member Race Steward
    There was a response. It was an external artist who used the mod and then later back credited the author and paid for it. 
    The artist who had his mod stolen got a PM, that's about it.

There were no "official" apologies / clarifications / explanations / responses on a "public" basis where Codies actually came out of their closet and showed any remorse or regret and to make matters even worse they did not take down the '02 Ferrari model from F1 2017, nor did they give the original artist any "fair" payment at all....

Take the "Black Pill".....

#NukeHumanity
  • FRACTUREDFRACTURED Member, Drivers Champion
    UP100 said: They have also won awards such as Best Racing Game ( F1 2016 & DIRT Rally ), Best Technology (EGO Engine) and UK Developer of the Year.

2016 was a poor year for racing games it seems.
    VIOLENCE. SPEED. MOMENTUM.

The two time, 2016/2018 F1 Beta testing Champion of the World.
    FRACTURED said:
    UP100 said: They have also won awards such as Best Racing Game ( F1 2016 & DIRT Rally ), Best Technology (EGO Engine) and UK Developer of the Year.

The other games weren't that good imo.
  • LSKoneLSKone Member Unleaded
    FRACTURED said:

Though, while the Dirt-Series (2-4) kinda sucked, I consider Dirt Rally to be the best Rally-Game ever made. Yeah, even better than Richard Burns Rally. 
    marsal79 said:

No codemasters does not care about there customers they care about money. Witch is not that bad of course. But the product they make and sell is off low quality. They price and quality are not in balance. Codemasters does not care about there customers and support. Multiplayer for example is a complete mess. And this has been the case for 3 years now. They ignore the feedback of the customers and didn't make any good effort to fix the issue. Why didn't they do that. Because it takes to much effort and resources to fix those big issues. It would simply cost them money. Of course they listen to the public time to time. If a x amount of people ask of a simple small feature in the game they will make it. Only because they can advertise the new feature for the new game.
    all of you haters, try to reach other developer or promoter. . you will just get standardised email.. bla bla...  like i wrote- game is not perfect, but comunication with us is ok..
2»
This discussion has been closed.