Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

THE F1 BETA Thread and FAQ

Comments

• UP100UP100 Member Race Engineer
    edited April 12
    Are we supposed to get a confirmation email? I know they have our forum names in case but it seems a bit odd.
    Sorry forgot to include that. How stupid of me. You don't get any kind of confirmation email.

E: Actually I have it in the FAQ but it's kind of hidden into a response.
  • inspiretheworldinspiretheworld Member Petrol Head
    Whom ever gets into the beta, good luck and God bless. 

P.S ; Let people stream the beta. 
    PS4 - inspiretheworld
    Steam - beans_on_toast
  • FRACTUREDFRACTURED Member, Drivers Champion
    P.S ; Let people stream the beta. 
    Could they? Get all the viewers to sign another NDA  :open_mouth:
    VIOLENCE. SPEED. MOMENTUM.

The two time, 2016/2018 F1 Beta testing Champion of the World.
    david75sk said:
    I signed for the beta... but I doubt my chances as I am not active member here...
    I don't think they check the forum activity. It seems to be mostly about your writing skills. Only speculation though.
  • Rdasher12Rdasher12 Member New Car Smell
    You all can just disregard this comment. Just testing something out.
  • MrCosta96MrCosta96 Member Wheel Nut
    cearp8858 said:
    will codemasters use hours logged in game as part of the selection process?
    i personally have logged 325 hours in F1 2016 & 303 hours F1 2017 and counting 

i hope i get picked
    Honestly, this is what they should do. I don't know how many hours I have in this game because I can't see on PS4 but I should be over 500h and counting
  • jaberla54jaberla54 Member New Car Smell
    Hello, I hope to be of great help in onlinne failures, to get an increasingly fluid experience in championships onlinne or racing ... greetings to all
    MrCosta96 said:
    Honestly, this is what they should do. I don't know how many hours I have in this game because I can't see on PS4 but I should be over 500h and counting
    That would be pain in the ass to do as you would have to go through hundreds of accounts to just check how many hours they have in the game, and what do they do if the account is hidden? I don't think developers get any kind of special powers to see through privacy options.
  • 1512marcel1512marcel Member, Drivers Champion
    Next to that hours in game doesn't say a thing about the abillity to give good feedback.

If you use ABS or Traction Control, you are no longer a racing driver.

1512Marcel

If I get a few more questions about my driving style I think I headbutt someone.

Max Verstappen

• ImDyingYouIdiotImDyingYouIdiot Member, Drivers Champion
    UP100 said:
    Current Question: How long was your "Why do you want to be a part of the beta" text?
    More questions can be asked in the comments, maybe I "highlight" one of them.
    Nine, maybe ten words long, I think?

At this point I'm trying to see with what I get away with. Next year it's going to be just one word. 
    "I love ImDyingYouIdiot-senpai!" ♥‿♥ - Codemasters employee, who wanted to remain anonymous, but totally did say that

"ImDyingYouIdiot inspires us every day. Really, the only reason I get up every morning is to deliver him the perfect F1 experience." - Codemasters employee, who wanted to remain anonymous, but totally did say that

"It is not unreasonable to assume that ImDyingYouIdiot, who is no doubt an extremely intelligent and attractive specimen of a lad, experiences the pleasures of intercourse on a fairly regular basis." - Codemasters employee, who wanted to remain anonymous, but totally did say that
  • SimselSimsel Member New Car Smell
    Codemaster we need a VR support for F1 2018!!!
    PLEASE!!!

DIRT Rally with a HTC Vive Pro is increadible... F1 2018 with a HTC Vive Pro / Pimax 4k is a dream :-)

We believe in you !!!

• FRACTUREDFRACTURED Member, Drivers Champion
    UP100 said:
    Current Question: How long was your "Why do you want to be a part of the beta" text?
    More questions can be asked in the comments, maybe I "highlight" one of them.
    Nine, maybe ten words long, I think?

At this point I'm trying to see with what I get away with. Next year it's going to be just one word. 
    I went for something a little more expansive, whilst still letting them know most things to date simply haven't been good enough.
    VIOLENCE. SPEED. MOMENTUM.

The two time, 2016/2018 F1 Beta testing Champion of the World.
  • LSKoneLSKone Member Wheel Nut
    I told them that I would like to focus my testing on the online features and based on my playtime with the last games, this part really need most development + testing. After all the bug reporting I did on this forum I hope that I can now help with Beta testing too. 
  • Cherry2pieCherry2pie Member New Car Smell
    edited April 13
    When can we be expected to be emailed whether we got a place or not on the Beta?
    When can we be expected to be emailed whether we got a place or not on the Beta?
    I don't think they have had a date published in any of the betas. I'm quite sure they will close the applications before announcing the testers though, so not yet I guess.
  • JuanCarMRJuanCarMR Member Wheel Nut
    The beta will be for famous youtubers or you will pick up with other interesant people? Not only for marketing but also for a better quality of tus saga without SC bugs or so. 
  • Dboyking1Dboyking1 Member, Drivers Co-Driver
    edited April 14
    I came back at the right time then, good to hear about the beta announcement codies. I just remembered I have a friend who might want to play the beta to, what would I have to do to change the option from offline to both?
    Post edited by Dboyking1 on

"I've always believed you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Micheal Schumacher

#KeepFightingMicheal

Dboyking1 said:
    I came back at the right time then, good to hear about the beta announcement codies. I just remembered I have a friend who might want to play the beta to, what would I have to do to change the option from offline to both?
    I believe they can't change it themselves as it's a survey platform. You can try contacting their support about it, as sometimes Codies don't have time to check all the comments.
This discussion has been closed.