Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

NEW BROADCAST STYLE 2018!

13»

Comments

  • mantazzomantazzo Member, Drivers Co-Driver
    The new broadcast style looks good except for the header fonts. They are awful. But still would not like the official broadcast style as a HUD. There is now even more unnecessary screen clutter. 
    I would agree with you, but I think the new graphics are close to perfect for being integrated to the game (for replays, but even then, we'd need to save replays somehow to enjoy the full glory IMO)
    [LTU] Mantaz - mantazzo - Mantas
    F1 2016 - F1 2017 Beta Tester [PC]
    "First rule of Beta club is no talking about Beta club." - Faya, 2018

  • Tuur79Tuur79 Member Unleaded
    We need official TV style in the game for F1 2018!!!!!
  • FMPItaliaFMPItalia Member New Car Smell
    edited March 28
    The answer at the question is very easy! License....if Liberty Media will give the f1 graphic license, there is big chance to have its.

  • marsal79marsal79 Member, Drivers Wheel Nut
    edited March 28
    liveTOwin said:
    This is the new broadcast style in 2018, hopefully in the game too!
    What do you think about the new design by Liberty Media?

    1) sometimes overloaded
    2) lot of informations are missing.. they show us just driver and position, but no interval or or or...

    lot of work for f1promoters
    ...

  • liveTOwinliveTOwin Member Petrol Head
    marsal79 said:
    liveTOwin said:
    This is the new broadcast style in 2018, hopefully in the game too!
    What do you think about the new design by Liberty Media?

    1) sometimes overloaded
    2) lot of informations are missing.. they show us just driver and position, but no interval or or or...

    lot of work for f1promoters
    ...

    Yes, you right. Missing in the tower next to the name the current tyres.
  • mantazzomantazzo Member, Drivers Co-Driver
    Just saying, what we saw in Australian GP isn't the final version, I think...

    Updated vs AUS broadcast. Multiple updates including font size/dimensions, opacity, tyre compounds #F1 pic.twitter.com/PLvC5wdhl6

    — InsideFOM (@InsideFOM) March 26, 2018


    A broader look with further 2018 detailing added #F1 pic.twitter.com/O1r4LlznHU

    — InsideFOM (@InsideFOM) March 27, 2018
    [LTU] Mantaz - mantazzo - Mantas
    F1 2016 - F1 2017 Beta Tester [PC]
    "First rule of Beta club is no talking about Beta club." - Faya, 2018

  • liveTOwinliveTOwin Member Petrol Head
    mantazzo said:
    Just saying, what we saw in Australian GP isn't the final version, I think...

    Updated vs AUS broadcast. Multiple updates including font size/dimensions, opacity, tyre compounds #F1 pic.twitter.com/PLvC5wdhl6

    — InsideFOM (@InsideFOM) March 26, 2018


    A broader look with further 2018 detailing added #F1 pic.twitter.com/O1r4LlznHU

    — InsideFOM (@InsideFOM) March 27, 2018
    Thanks for that dear mantazzo. Didn't knew it before.
  • marsal79marsal79 Member, Drivers Wheel Nut
    liveTOwin said:
    marsal79 said:
    liveTOwin said:
    This is the new broadcast style in 2018, hopefully in the game too!
    What do you think about the new design by Liberty Media?

    1) sometimes overloaded
    2) lot of informations are missing.. they show us just driver and position, but no interval or or or...

    lot of work for f1promoters
    ...

    Yes, you right. Missing in the tower next to the name the current tyres.
    codemasters did better job !!
  • liveTOwinliveTOwin Member Petrol Head
    marsal79 said:
    liveTOwin said:
    marsal79 said:
    liveTOwin said:
    This is the new broadcast style in 2018, hopefully in the game too!
    What do you think about the new design by Liberty Media?

    1) sometimes overloaded
    2) lot of informations are missing.. they show us just driver and position, but no interval or or or...

    lot of work for f1promoters
    ...

    Yes, you right. Missing in the tower next to the name the current tyres.
    codemasters did better job !!
    Not really.
  • steviejay69steviejay69 Member Race Steward
    Agreed, the fonts Liberty have chosen are hideous, but I guess I'm not some trendy millennial who didn't see Space 1999 the first time around. The white-on-black bits are also far too lightweight to be legible on my TV from my sofa. 
    Don't diss the Alphans :) Or I'll set Carter on you with Eagle 1.

    Neuropol or Neuropolitica are pretty close and free.

    Where is the tyre info? New graphics suck, I agree with whomever said it wasn't broken to start with. Years of incremental and delayed change under Bernie you can't just go **** with things :)
    You'll find me at apexonlineracing.com 
  • steviejay69steviejay69 Member Race Steward
    GPKing said:
    GPKing said:
    Looks like a PS2 game if you ask me..          
    Was there ever a situation where this joke was actually funny? Like, seriously, you people don't know what PS2 looks like, propably because you were born long after release and never saw it.
    Sounds like someone's panties got twisted. Why so triggered? :D
    Oh I'm just researching. I'm really curious why people keep making this dumbass joke, when it's clearly an unfunny exaggeration.

    Oddly enough, almost every single time they mention PS2, not Gamecube or Xbox, even though that was the same generation of consoles with more or less comparable graphics.
    "GP2 Engine"

    "PS2 Game"

    Not hard to infer.
    You'll find me at apexonlineracing.com 
  • LightRacerSV5LightRacerSV5 Member New Car Smell
    Its look good, think it´s a good idea :)    .
  • CatPower85CatPower85 Member Unleaded
    Hate it. Too much screen clutter I feel  !
  • dirt3joedirt3joe Member Petrol Head
    Hate it. Too much screen clutter I feel  !
    That's because it was never designed as a drivers HUD. The name "official HUD" is a misnomer. What it is is an audience information screen.

    Drivers would not want a display like that. If there was a HUD for the drivers it would be customised by car and look a lot different.
  • CatPower85CatPower85 Member Unleaded
    Agreed and even watching GP's on the TV I feel it is annoying with the constant display. I am perfectly capable of remembering positions and having an update when needed. Perhaps it's a case of if the technology is there it has to be used. Whatever happened to just the picture of cars and commentary..........
  • tarrantinotarrantino Member Pit Crew
    Agreed and even watching GP's on the TV I feel it is annoying with the constant display. I am perfectly capable of remembering positions and having an update when needed. Perhaps it's a case of if the technology is there it has to be used. Whatever happened to just the picture of cars and commentary..........
    You might remember but what if you have a Sunday afternoon nap?! Especially in Monaco when you can’t overtake it’s a good one to have sleep, although positions don’t change so don’t need it there  :D 
  • steviejay69steviejay69 Member Race Steward
    edited April 17
    The new onscreen graphics in F1 totally suck. Nice one Liberty.

    The F1 2017 ones are functional and descriptive.

    Doesn't matter that even DC doesn't like them on the C4 commentary, they're not for changing something that's "engaging the casual viewer."

    Like the game, F1 needs to concentrate on it's core audience, not try to make it too mainstream. If a goldfish can come in and think they know everything after 5 minutes then something is wrong.

    "Why is that driver in danger? Is there something wrong with his car or is he going to lose his contract?"
    *Gnaws fist*
    You'll find me at apexonlineracing.com 
13»
Sign In or Register to comment.