Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Tips to consider for the F1 2018 version of the game

JARLJARL Member New Car Smell
The HALO seems to me the most horrible thing that could have placed an F1 car, please consider for the 2018 version of the game, place an option where we can choose to use or not the HALO in the trajectory mode, at least, I hope your comments on this, thank you ...

Comments

• DJINFINITY2003DJINFINITY2003 Member New Car Smell
    I think you have to add more custumaisation in the career aspect. With the helmet custumaisation maybe have for every team a base helmet (like with Bottas his helmet competition you had a base design with the sponsors) with Red Bull the standard bull on the side like MV and DR have, and with Williams the Martini stripes on top with their sponsors. And that with every team and than you can choose a design and than add your own colours. Like the last game. You have 15 designs (for each team diffrent designs)after you choose the team with the base sponsors on the helmet and then you can choose a design wich works around the base helmet with the sponsors and custumaise it like on the 2017 game. 
    Sorry for my poor English and grammar but I hope you will implement something like this

• WhiteStingerWhiteStinger Member New Car Smell
    Another thing that would be nice to see implemented into online multiplayer is some form of a disciplinary system that can effect you on who you race with kind of like iRacing has. The more accidents you cause the worse your score is which provides consequences to bad driving. You can only compete in certain races that are based on your score level and the only way to raise it back up is to drive cleanly. It gets frustrating when you go into an online lobby and they just dive bomb to an accident with no real consequences ruining someones race who was staying clean. 
  • FayaFaya Member admin

Hi all! Thank you for taking the time to post your suggestions and comments. I’ll get these passed back to the team.

Also, I’m going to move this thread to the F1 Games - General Discussion forum, so it’s in the right place. Many thanks!

• BlackBird352BlackBird352 Member New Car Smell
    It would be awesome if we could enable manual pitstop. With the manual Limiter etc...  And you cant hit the pitcrew if you try you get full damage and you need to restart the session. AND double Pitstop. Like Redbull did in China this year. That would be awesome
  • ki240492ki240492 Member New Car Smell
    Bitte komplett manuelle Boxenstopps und die Suche nach eigenen Sponsoren einbauen die man in das eigene Helmdesgin einbauen kann. 
  • stephensmattleestephensmattlee Member Pit Crew
    Just a few suggestions;

Improved graphics and engine sounds,
    fixed safety car issues,
    more advanced career mode with a more realistic feeling of time passing between race weekends/seasons,
    pre-season testing and lower-tier formula season to determine contract offers from F1 teams,
    pre/post race interviews for more realistic immersion,
    semi-transparent halo in cockpit cam,
    more freedom of camera movement for custom views,
    more diverse commentary and cutscenes,
    even more classic cars and tracks including historic variations of classic tracks. 

i know the chances of a lot of these suggestions getting into the new game are slim due to limited time restraints and resources, but I really feel they would add a lot more to the games and further advance the series from strength to strength :)

• kevinkirkkevinkirk Member Team Principal
    to finally move away from the game handling being so overwhelming arcade. Alot can be improved before these games even get anywhere close to being to much sim like.
    Xbox one, controller
    kevinkirk said:
    to finally move away from the game handling being so overwhelming arcade. Alot can be improved before these games even get anywhere close to being to much sim like.
    I doubt they will as CM will most probably want the games to appeal to as many people as possible including newcomers to the series.  That said, they did take a more “sim” approach to DiRT Rally and was very well received so you never know.  
    If there was a way they could cater to both audiences (newcomers and more serious sim racers) within the options of the games handling it would be very cool indeed 
  • kevinkirkkevinkirk Member Team Principal
    kevinkirk said:
    I doubt they will as CM will most probably want the games to appeal to as many people as possible including newcomers to the series.  That said, they did take a more “sim” approach to DiRT Rally and was very well received so you never know.  
    If there was a way they could cater to both audiences (newcomers and more serious sim racers) within the options of the games handling it would be very cool indeed 
    reread the part of alot can be improved before the game even gets close to being to much sim like in my comment. On the controller, the handling is just slightly above mario cart. Its miles away from the place it begins to be to much sim like to turn players off. Not even close to even bring the turn players off point up in a discussion.
    Xbox one, controller
    kevinkirk said:
    kevinkirk said:
    reread the part of alot can be improved before the game even gets close to being to much sim like in my comment. On the controller, the handling is just slightly above mario cart. Its miles away from the place it begins to be to much sim like to turn players off. Not even close to even bring the turn players off point up in a discussion.
    Got you. yeah you are right, they could tweak the handling to be less arcade than it currently is, it is very forgiving even with the assists turned off. I just doubt CM would be willing to change their own ‘formula’ from 2017 in terms of handling as the game got a lot of praise. Who knows though, maybe with the beta for the new game it could end up being even more refined and closer to realism depending on which way it goes :)
  • CmdrCodyCmdrCody Member Wheel Nut
    kevinkirk said:
    kevinkirk said:
    You want Codemaster's F1 game to be a more hardcore sim, but you play with the controller? :D
  • Malarky94Malarky94 Member Wheel Nut
    To be very honest, most of us race with Tpod cam instead of cockpit cam. The halo blocks most of the view from tpod cam. 
    If Codemasters really give us an option to disable the halo to enjoy it more, it's a no brainer for me to buy it. 
    If the Halo is something we can't disable and thus I won't be able to race in the cam anymore that I've been using since F1 2010, I think I'll just stick to F1 2017.
  • FRACTUREDFRACTURED Member, Drivers Champion
    The Tcam looks fine in most mockups, worst case they block mirrors but they had started to do that themselves out of design choice already. 
    You remember when you first came to my office? I asked you, "Do you want to be an eagle, or do you want to be a **** bird?" And you said "I want to be an eagle".
    You got to be what you say you're going to be, which you aren't.
    You got to do what you say you're going to do, which you haven't.
  • CatPower85CatPower85 Member New Car Smell
    So lots want a more realistic game yet  play with T cam and
     NOT cockpit..................
  • crusidlocrusidlo Member New Car Smell
    I think I would be great to see something similar to Project Cars 2 in terms of setups. It would definitely help the beginners and it could be used to make practice sessions little bit more exciting if implemented properly. 
  • maumartimaumarti Member New Car Smell
    edited April 22
    Semi transparent HALO in cockpit view (if can't be completely removed even as a non default option)... PLEASE !!!!
    As it happens for REAL drivers in REAL cockpit car (binocular view of human face makes "transparent" the objects close to the eyes, if you're looking forward ...)
  • MarceloGallMarceloGall Member New Car Smell
    Gosto do modo carreira. Nele acrescentaria o seu início desde o kart, passando pelas categorias de base até chegar a F1. E nos eventos especiais do modo carreira acrescentaria mais carros antigos  e pistas antigas, por exemplo, o antigo traçado de Interlagos. Os carros antigos  poderia ser os Alfa Romeu, as flechas de prata, e alguns outros. 
  • JARLJARL Member New Car Smell
    Malarky94 said:
    To be very honest, most of us race with Tpod cam instead of cockpit cam. The halo blocks most of the view from tpod cam. 
    If Codemasters really give us an option to disable the halo to enjoy it more, it's a no brainer for me to buy it. 
    If the Halo is something we can't disable and thus I won't be able to race in the cam anymore that I've been using since F1 2010, I think I'll just stick to F1 2017.
    Since the 2010 version I have always played with the camera of the cockpit, it is a simulator, a game but if we want to have an experience as close as a Formula 1 driver, the cockpit camera is the most real, it can be configure to be seen to the sides and back but in particular I deactivate all the screen information and try to request what I want to know to the track engineer by the voice commands
  • 1512marcel1512marcel Member, Drivers Team Principal
    maumarti said:
    Semi transparent HALO in cockpit view (if can't be completely removed even as a non default option)... PLEASE !!!!
    As it happens for REAL drivers in REAL cockpit car (binocular view of human face makes "transparent" the objects close to the eyes, if you're looking forward ...)

Close to the eyes yes, but not in the current position. It will definitly block part of the view.

I don't hear a lot of comments from the "real" drivers so I suppose it is something you get used to easily. If it's part of the real thing, it should be in game. However, build in an option to remove it and let everyone decide for himself. End of discussion I think.

If you use ABS or Traction Control, you are no longer a racing driver.

1512Marcel

And suddenly I realised that I was no longer driving the car consciously. I was driving it by a kind of instinct, only I was in a different dimension.

Aryton Senna