Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Thank You Codemasters For More Classic Cars :)

I would love to congratulate there brand new announcement on the upcoming F1 2018 Game with loads of information about this years game. Further more I would love to give a massive thanks to further develop and add in more classic cars as the 90's era of Formula 1 was the era to watch and the cars back then were absolutely perfection in the world of Formula 1. I always loved seeing the cars back in the day as I started watching F1 back in the late 90's, and would absolutely love to race them and use the photo mode, creating an epic photo every time and of course doing time trial around places like Monaco and Silverstone. 

I can't wait to see what cars are added into the selection of Classic cars as I would love a Jaguar, Jordan, Michael Schumachers Benetton, Tyrrell-Ford 019, Jordan-Ford, Prost-Peugeot and a bucket tone of more juicy classic 90's cars, many thanks for a great game coming. 

Also a great hint on potentially bringing the most requested interviews, or another returning feature for the game, and so I am a career mode player on F1 games and a youtuber for great content, and I can't wait for any further details via a Trailer or a load of screenshots.

I would love to give Codemasters another huge thanks in developing this years Formula 1 2018 game and I am sure that a great gaming company such as yourself will not let us down. 

Comments

• stephensmattleestephensmattlee Member Race Steward
    We’ve had a lot of 90’s and 00’s cars in last years game, any predictions on this years additions?  ...Brawn? Benetton?  ...Or maybe some classic 60s and 70s cars like Lotus? Tyrrell? Matra? Brabham? :)
  • dirt3joedirt3joe Member Petrol Head
    It's going to be great to drive the classics on Paul Ricard.

Hope they go for some 70's and 80s. An entire 80's season would be brilliant.
  • LukGlukLukGluk Member New Car Smell
    I would like to drive the Tyrrell P34 or the 1976 Car of Lauda and Hunt and an very old boy from 1950 maybe too :)

• ChromaticChromatic Member, Drivers Co-Driver
    edited May 15

Michael Schumacher Jordan 191 it was his first car and the car itself was one of the prettiest at the time.

How many different racing lines will you take 

Originally Withyman on the old forum's 

My YouTube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/TBCFormulae 

Manor may be gone but the history they made lives on

• Antonius2004Antonius2004 Member Unleaded
    Going by the number of comments with these cars included in them from last year, I'm betting that we'll be getting the Brawn BGP 001 and the Benetton B195.

I'm also guessing by how much easier is to obtain licensing from Ferrari, Williams and McLaren that we'll probably be getting the majority from them again.

I'm also going to go out on a tangent and say that we'll be getting the Ferrari 312T4B from 1979. It's just a guess but it fits the criteria of it being a championship winning Ferrari. :p
  • ChironTheseusChironTheseus Member Co-Driver
    Brawn please YES lol! Any F1 cars of yesteryear are good by me :) Can't wait to see the line up..
    Carystus PS4 Pro
    "The fact is I don't drive just to get from A to B. I enjoy feeling the car's reactions, becoming part of it." ~Enzo Ferrari
  • marsal79marsal79 Member, Drivers Wheel Nut
    it would be great if they would put all cars of the same season, for example 1998, or 2005... and not one car from one season.. looks ridicioulus when you watch race with 20 renault 2006 ..  :)
    edited May 16
    marsal79 said:
    it would be great if they would put all cars of the same season, for example 1998, or 2005... and not one car from one season.. looks ridicioulus when you watch race with 20 renault 2006 ..  :)
    This. What I think they should do is put up a poll of what are the most popular seasons and perhaps release a DLC with all cars, tracks and drivers from that season. Not only that but do a few seasons, maybe the top 3 from the poll?

at least then it’ll put the classic cars in the context of something, a genuine full season for them to race with equal cars
  • dirt3joedirt3joe Member Petrol Head
    We know that in the past Lotus was licensed in F1 2013, so it is possible to do deals with them. Also PCars has Lotus.

The Brawn was a very popular request, so I would hope to see that. ALso some of the early to mid 80's renault cars would be great.

It would also be great to get an entire seasons cars, but I guess that is very hard.
  • thegreatdaneno1thegreatdaneno1 Member New Car Smell
    dirt3joe said:
    We know that in the past Lotus was licensed in F1 2013, so it is possible to do deals with them. Also PCars has Lotus.

The Brawn was a very popular request, so I would hope to see that. ALso some of the early to mid 80's renault cars would be great.

It would also be great to get an entire seasons cars, but I guess that is very hard.
    Since PC2 has Lotus Classics, it will be difficult for them to get the license I think.
    "If you no longer go for a gap that exists - You are no longer a racing driver"
    Ayrton Senna

"If you go for a gap that no longer exists - You are LORD MALDONADO!!!"
    Any F1 fan with sense and a good enough memory to remember the good old days...
  • VirtuaIceManVirtuaIceMan Member Petrol Head
    A lot of games have/had Lotus Classic (e.g. Assetto Corsa), so it might be doable.
  • WalterLemmensWalterLemmens Member New Car Smell
    Personally I'd love to see some lesser known beauties from the 90s like the Jordan 191 Schumacher's Debut Car in 1991 with the beautiful 7up livery. The BAR 1999 Test Car or Season Car, both lovely cars and liveries, the 1996 Jordan with it's special golden colors, the 1999 Stewart GP car which won of course in the hands of Johnny Herbert at the 1999 European Grand Prix, the 1992 Brabham Judd with it's unique shape, livery and drivers like David Brabham, Damon Hill and Giovanna Amati! I can go on and on, but if any 90's cars be added, I would so pray for the Jordan 191. :)
    Check out my YouTube Channel: https://youtube.com/cholover7 for some nice crash compilations and more.
  • ilikefastilikefast Member Wheel Nut
    The 2014 Mercedes? That car was a beast I know it’s not really classic but still...
  • haydn23haydn23 Member Team Principal
    ilikefast said:
    The 2014 Mercedes? That car was a beast I know it’s not really classic but still...
    The only reason I'd say no to that is because we have the car on the modern ego engine, and is from the current engine regulations. Tho if we had any V6T-H it would be that one. 
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD4KthnFwavKbaHfHtz5ulg
    Steam: Haydn02  Xbox: Sid3ways Nismo PSN: Jenbut21 Twitter: @SidewaysNismo Uplay: H4ydn02
  • scottishwildcatscottishwildcat Member, Drivers Champion
    marsal79 said:
    This. What I think they should do is put up a poll of what are the most popular seasons and perhaps release a DLC with all cars, tracks and drivers from that season. Not only that but do a few seasons, maybe the top 3 from the poll?
    The trouble is, there's absolutely no way they'll be able to license every car and driver from any given season. Even previously-licensed but now defunct teams from games they've already released are an issue, as there are typically either multiple owners or no owners of the historical assets to negotiate the rights from any more.
    Braked: the past tense of brake.
    Broke, brokenanything within reach when I hear racing gamers say 'broke' instead of 'braked'.
  • ilikefastilikefast Member Wheel Nut
    haydn23 said:
    ilikefast said:
    The only reason I'd say no to that is because we have the car on the modern ego engine, and is from the current engine regulations. Tho if we had any V6T-H it would be that one. 
    Maybe the 2013 red bull? that was equally dominant. 
    marsal79 said:
    The trouble is, there's absolutely no way they'll be able to license every car and driver from any given season. Even previously-licensed but now defunct teams from games they've already released are an issue, as there are typically either multiple owners or no owners of the historical assets to negotiate the rights from any more.
    Very true, realistically I think you’re right. Is just a shame we can’t use the classic cars to run alongside equal cars from the same year in the context of a full season
  • haydn23haydn23 Member Team Principal
    ilikefast said:
    haydn23 said:
    ilikefast said:
    Maybe the 2013 red bull? that was equally dominant. 
    Was dominant but I don't think as special. Personally, I don't really want cars in the game just cause they dominated. I'd prefer something like the 2012 red bull where they worked for it, or 2012 Ferrari cause it was a car that wasn't supposed to be there but was carried there by Alonso. or equivalently the 2012 McLaren cause it was the fastest car but un-reliable and in-consistent round each track a bit like the 2005 McLaren. tho the 2013 red bull was ofc a beast
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD4KthnFwavKbaHfHtz5ulg
    Steam: Haydn02  Xbox: Sid3ways Nismo PSN: Jenbut21 Twitter: @SidewaysNismo Uplay: H4ydn02
  • KamuikazeKamuikaze Member New Car Smell
    edited May 21
    Personally I'd love to see more 90's and 2000's cars to bring some diversity to those already existing. Some Saubers would be cool. On Twitter I've seen that Codies have been at the Sauber HQ and in the same post there was a picture of the 94' Sauber and the 08' BMW Sauber... Maybe some sort of hint? Would be excited to drive these and maybe even some other rather midfield-classics!

Edit: Not a very special car but how about the Red Bull RB1 as it was the very first Red Bull Car...
    Post edited by Kamuikaze on