Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

MAKE HEADLINES IN F1™ 2018

Comments

• SamAlonso93SamAlonso93 Member New Car Smell
    edited May 16
    Which F1 classics are you gonna stole this time from AC modders ?
  • tarrantinotarrantino Member Pit Crew
    Alonso86 said:
    Yea I’m not really pumped for this.   I used to go mad waiting for F1 news but the last 3 games (F1 2017 was decent but lacked ALOT) with what the new consoles are capable of it hasn’t impressed me.   Why was 2013 your last best game? Who left? what happened ?  Get them back?.   I’m guessing this announcement will be the same as all the rest.  And I bet they make a big deal about the More Classic Cars 
    It sounds promising that they've come up with more ways to expand career and all that if it's true but I want more details on the changes before I get too excited. I enjoy 2017 but it's so close to being the perfect game already for me that I'm just not sure I want 2018 atm. So really more details would help me with a decision so until more details are given I'll stick with 2017. At the end off the day I can live with or without Halo and the addition of 1 new track in Paul Ricard isn't worth it on it's own so we'll see.
    It needs a lot of work before being the perfect game. 
  • Jaden728Jaden728 Member Wheel Nut

The only thing that makes me angry about F1 Games & Codemasters is that they don't do like EA Sport & 2K who do the NHL and NBA Games which means.... Releasing the game at the beginning of the season. The F1 games are out when the season is almost over.

They have to do this though, if they didn't, the performance of teams would be completely screwed. Not only that but have you taken into account that the real cars aren't even shown until just before the season starts with testing. They cant just pull the models out of their arse in a couple days, not to mention the changes that teams make to the cars through out the season. This isn't the same breed of games as what you try to compare it to, it just doesn't work.
  • IvanoZ023IvanoZ023 Member Unleaded
    edited May 16
    More classic cars? Who needs it? This year  also not mentioned VR support ???

Post edited by IvanoZ023 on
  • EncarniaEncarnia Member, Drivers Co-Driver
    edited May 16

Classic cars don't really interest me that much. I'd prefer classic tracks. Much more value since you can race there with a full modern grid, instead of single historic cars that all have different performance and shouldn't compete together like in F1 2017.

The only classic car I'd really be interested in would be the Mclaren MP4-20 (2005). And even then the gameplay value would probably be limited.

• sjsharp2010sjsharp2010 Member Champion
    Alonso86 said:
    Yea I’m not really pumped for this.   I used to go mad waiting for F1 news but the last 3 games (F1 2017 was decent but lacked ALOT) with what the new consoles are capable of it hasn’t impressed me.   Why was 2013 your last best game? Who left? what happened ?  Get them back?.   I’m guessing this announcement will be the same as all the rest.  And I bet they make a big deal about the More Classic Cars 
    It sounds promising that they've come up with more ways to expand career and all that if it's true but I want more details on the changes before I get too excited. I enjoy 2017 but it's so close to being the perfect game already for me that I'm just not sure I want 2018 atm. So really more details would help me with a decision so until more details are given I'll stick with 2017. At the end off the day I can live with or without Halo and the addition of 1 new track in Paul Ricard isn't worth it on it's own so we'll see.
    It needs a lot of work before being the perfect game. 
    I think that's a matter of opinion but from a single player perspective 2017 was close to perfect for me.

In war victory, In peace vigilance, In death sacrifice -grey warden motto

• scottishwildcatscottishwildcat Member, Drivers Champion
    Something I really wish Codemasters would do, more to add variety more than anything else, is to allow the player to play the circuits backwards.
    Just imagine Spa backwards and coming down Eau Rouge flat out instead of up hill, or even Monaco in reverse ;) 
    They did a survey about this quite a while back, if I recall, and most people didn't want it.
    (If you want to race Spa backwards in a fast car, though, you can do it in Grid Autosport.)
    Braked: the past tense of brake.
    Broke, brokenanything within reach when I hear racing gamers say 'broke' instead of 'braked'.
  • scottishwildcatscottishwildcat Member, Drivers Champion
    IvanoZ023 said:

There's no way in hell that game engine can support VR.
    Braked: the past tense of brake.
    Broke, brokenanything within reach when I hear racing gamers say 'broke' instead of 'braked'.
  • fraggifraggi Member New Car Smell
    The only point that could make me buy this game is if they start support modding. Without driver transfers, new liverys every season and changing driver skills the careermode is just dull and not a bit better than 10 custom seasons. Plus modding can repair some of the **** like the way to low damage and bad car balancing, but not if times are just simulated from completely other files when you fast forward or simulate a session. Also: Let me watch the rest of quali when I am eliminated or the rest of the race when I DNF.
    DO NOT PREORDER!
  • AdamFreemanAdamFreeman Member Co-Driver
    I hope they had customoised practise sessions for career line 2016. I like having three seassions and do not simulate as you get odd times so the ability to run half length practise with full length racing in career like in 2016 would be great.

Graphics need a bum especially on console, the PC graphics on Max are decent enough just about but compared to others not very good. No major bugs from last years game, if a bug reappears from last year then oh dear!
  • path1337path1337 Member Unleaded
    My analysis about the info:
    "A comeback of highly requested feature" - it is not official HUD because of "comeback", i think it will be interviews..
    "Better career" - probably some r&d changes, more seasons, interviews, press conferences, way more cutscenes.
    AOR Season 15 Split 3 Driver + AOR 2x Race Winner
    edited May 16
    IvanoZ023 said:

Maybe he's got a new game engine.
  • MaxSpiltzMaxSpiltz Member Unleaded
    IvanoZ023 said:
    IvanoZ023 said:

Maybe he's got a new game engine.
    I don't think VR is gonna be part of F1 2018 and to be honest, I don't think it's a problem.
    Why no VR ? Simply because Liberty Media will ask Codemasters to first make the base of the game really as Official as possible to make his eSport scenes one of the best. Of course Brendon Leigh wasn't as highly praised as Lewis Hamilton, but still they put and keep quite some show around it.
    So VR is a great and amazing thing, but in terms of the official licensing the game isn't there yet. At the same time, innovation and technology are part of the F1 DNA so... maybe in 2019, with a new game engine.

Why it isn't a problem ?  I think it's even a good thing. Like I mentionned, Liberty Media made an impressive step into eSport, especially compared to FIFA, NFL or NBA. Plus we're talking about a sport which had Bernie Ecclestone always saying "Social media and games are ****".
    This impressive step also means Liberty counts on Codemasters to deliver the real deal, the great official game F1 deserves and not just a yearly iteration, they're making a bet on the future with eSports. In terms of money, Codemasters isn't as huge as EA but look at the improvements through F1 2016 and F1 2017. Meanwhile you can read everywhere that players of FIFA complain what the game doesn't change for 3-4-5 years... Those improvements are certainly related to Liberty Media, and them wanting more and more can only mean great things for us as F1 players.

nd;lr : No VR before 2019 but great counterparts to the base game thanks to Liberty Media's push on eSports.
    That's your opinion. I'd love to hear Codemasters.

• FRACTUREDFRACTURED Member, Drivers Champion
    Paul Jeal: “We were delighted by the reception that the highly-acclaimed F1 2017 game received"

That comment tells me everything I need to know. What did the community say? Not the positive feedback loop of reviewers, the actual community who come to this forum who post, suggest, find bugs?

So yeah, copy paste. Maybe 19 will be the one. 
    VIOLENCE. SPEED. MOMENTUM.

The two time, 2016/2018 F1 Beta testing Champion of the World.
  • FRACTUREDFRACTURED Member, Drivers Champion
    sjsharp2010 said: So really more details would help me with a decision so until more details are given I'll stick with 2017. 

You don't have any other choice until August anyways??? 
    VIOLENCE. SPEED. MOMENTUM.

The two time, 2016/2018 F1 Beta testing Champion of the World.