Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

DiRTy Gossip Thread

Comments

• Oscar97Oscar97 Member Wheel Nut
    bogani said:
    Yeah, I just don't think enough people would pay full price for it. Maybe 29$ or something like that?
    I could see it sell for 60€ if it's got all the championship's tracks (plus Lydden Hill as it's already made), all the 2018 teams and drivers (although the Mégane RS and the i20 licenses would probably be extremely hard to get), a fair amount of S1600s and touring cars, and maybe the Speedcar they've got in DiRT 4, and it would have a fair amount of content.

But I'm not sure if there's a big enough audience for that.
  • FedemaisonnaveFedemaisonnave Member, Drivers Race Steward
    Oscar97 said:
    bogani said:
    Yeah, I just don't think enough people would pay full price for it. Maybe 29$ or something like that?
    I could see it sell for 60€ if it's got all the championship's tracks (plus Lydden Hill as it's already made), all the 2018 teams and drivers (although the Mégane RS and the i20 licenses would probably be extremely hard to get), a fair amount of S1600s and touring cars, and maybe the Speedcar they've got in DiRT 4, and it would have a fair amount of content.

But I'm not sure if there's a big enough audience for that.
    No rally no buy for me
  • warpengagewarpengage Member Race Engineer
    Anyone willing to speculate on what Codemasters posted from the DiRT twitter page? 
    “Nice that @Formula1game gets to announce a new game and that @onrushgame get to launch a beta today! Very cool. 

... Not the coolest thing going on at @Codemasters though, if you ask us. 🤐😉”

Sounds like something big is going on behind the scenes related to the DiRT series :)
    Oh they are so hiding something. Yes, "OF COURSE" it's just the World Championships, they've been doing nothing other than organizing that. :D
    Anyone willing to speculate on what Codemasters posted from the DiRT twitter page? 
    “Nice that @Formula1game gets to announce a new game and that @onrushgame get to launch a beta today! Very cool. 

... Not the coolest thing going on at @Codemasters though, if you ask us. 🤐😉”

Sounds like something big is going on behind the scenes related to the DiRT series :)
    It must be WRC8
  • stephensmattleestephensmattlee Member Co-Driver
    DiRT 5, DiRT Rally 2 or WRC 2018... place your bets ;)
    edited May 15
    DiRT 5, DiRT Rally 2 or WRC 2018... place your bets ;)
    DiRT Rally 2 with officially licensed WRC content? Like DiRT 3 had?

Actually, come to think about it, they announced F1 2018 with the logo, then 2018 and below "The Official Videogame".
    So announce WRC 2018 The Official Videogame.
  • Oscar97Oscar97 Member Wheel Nut
    edited May 15
    Honestly, DiRT Rally isn't massively different from other DiRT games IMO, so I don't think there would be any difference between DiRT Rally 2 and DiRT 5, other than the name DiRT Rally 2 maybe being less marketable.
    Oscar97 said:
    Honestly, DiRT Rally isn't massively different from other DiRT games IMO, so I don't think there would be any difference between DiRT Rally 2 and DiRT 5, other than the name DiRT Rally 2 being less marketable.
    Do think it’s too soon for DiRT 5 with the last game being less than a year old, kind of takes that one out of the running. 
    DiRT Rally 2 would please a lot of fans but like you say may not be quite as marketable?
    WRC 2018 however seems the likely contender given the lack of news from anywhere else on the next instalment in the WRC series.  
    ...Plus Paul Rustchynsky did say at the start of the developer conference for Onrush that Codemasters were “forging a new era to become the worlds number one racing studio”.  
    How better to kick start that new era than to not only have the official F1 game license but also the official WRC license too. Just food for thought ;)
    Oscar97 said:
    Honestly, DiRT Rally isn't massively different from other DiRT games IMO, so I don't think there would be any difference between DiRT Rally 2 and DiRT 5, other than the name DiRT Rally 2 being less marketable.
    Do think it’s too soon for DiRT 5 with the last game being less than a year old, kind of takes that one out of the running. 
    DiRT Rally 2 would please a lot of fans but like you say may not be quite as marketable?
    WRC 2018 however seems the likely contender given the lack of news from anywhere else on the next instalment in the WRC series.  
    ...Plus Paul Rustchynsky did say at the start of the developer conference for Onrush that Codemasters were “forging a new era to become the worlds number one racing studio”.  
    How better to kick start that new era than to not only have the official F1 game license but also the official WRC license too. Just food for thought ;)
    Considering F1 and WRC are two of the largest giants, in terms of viewership worldwide. They already have a F1 Studio, a studio doing Arcade games (and they're good at it) and they have a rally studio. Give the Rally studio WRC and that's a step towards becoming the world's number 1 racing studio.
    Please can @KickUp or @ChristinaMc confirm if we will have Toyota's and Skoda's... in next Codemasters Rally Game??  ;) ;) ;)
  • RallyDrivenRallyDriven Member Champion
    I don’t really like the way everyone seems to put ‘dirt rally 2’ and ‘dirt 5’ as two completely different games. Dirt 4 has some handling flaws, but people seem to forget it was/is a simulator. The only difference between the two games was really budget and scale. Unfortunately not everything in the handling for dirt 4 improved over dirt rally for whatever reason, but that’s not to say that dirt 5 handling isn’t going to be as realistic is dirt rally 2 (not talking about any ‘gamer’ mode obviously)
  • boganibogani Member Champion
    I don’t really like the way everyonyee seems to put ‘dirt rally 2’ and ‘dirt 5’ as two completely different games. Dirt 4 has some handling flaws, but people seem to forget it was/is a simulator. The only difference between the two games was really budget and scale. Unfortunately not everything in the handling for dirt 4 improved over dirt rally for whatever reason, but that’s not to say that dirt 5 handling isn’t going to be as realistic is dirt rally 2 (not talking about any ‘gamer’ mode obviously)
    Yeahhh I don't know really. They tried to mix things up with D4 and combine fun with the more hardcore DR appeal. In the end it didn't really work in my opinion. Neither DR hardcore fans or fans of the more arcadey party type Dirt were really pleased in the end.

Let numbered Dirt titles be all about fun gameplay with infected/cat and mouse type of gameplay and let a potential Dirt Rally 2 be all about hard core rallying with RX as a side dish.

Just my two cents :)

"I had the biggest moose problem in my whole life I think"

"Was it on the side of the road?"

"Huh?"

"The moose"

"The mousse in the tire"

• dani211212dani211212 Member Pit Crew
    edited May 16

"Interesting, the chinese WeGame version of DiRT4 got 2 new DLC cars, BYD Tang and BYD Qin. @dirtgame"

"Interesting, the chinese WeGame version of DiRT4 got 2 new DLC cars, BYD Tang and BYD Qin. @dirtgame"
    These cars are already known. They were done specifically to help sell DiRT 4's chinese version, for their market only.
  • tbtstttbtstt Member Champion
    edited May 16
    I too don't think there's enough audience for a WRX game. I did the numbers, a while back, and WRX doesn't pull anywhere near as many viewers as the WRC. 
    I think that is a rather restricted view of the subject, I would think any comparison would have to look at a wider interest in rallycross versus rally: both disciplines are more than just a World Championship and, globally, rally surely has the biggest following.

That said, the percentage of rallycross viewers who regularly play games might be a very different statistic given the audience that rallycross - specifically World Rallycross - seem to be targeting. 

"If In Doubt, Flat Out!"

• dirt3joedirt3joe Member Petrol Head
    Something definitily feels up. F1 announcement much shorter than usual, no videos etc.

I notice PCars are releasing a mobile PCars game, which seems a bit weird seeing as it is sim orientated. Still haven't heard anything from them re the fast and the furious.
    Accro2008 said:
    DiRTy gossip thread right now :

Tell me if i forgot anything.  :#
    Hahaha that is awesome! Bet Codemasters are sitting back reading all this and laughing to themselves saying “if only they knew” ;)
    edited May 16
    tbtstt said:
    I too don't think there's enough audience for a WRX game. I did the numbers, a while back, and WRX doesn't pull anywhere near as many viewers as the WRC. 
    I think that is a rather restricted view of the subject, I would think any comparison would have to look at a wider interest in rallycross versus rally: both disciplines are more than just a World Championship and, globally, rally surely has the biggest following.

That said, the percentage of rallycross viewers who regularly play games might be a very different statistic given the audience that rallycross - specifically World Rallycross - seem to be targeting. 
    If you have a larger pool of fans, it seems logical that the percentage of those who are gamers will also be larger. True, there's more to rally and rallycross than their respective world championships, but those major championships are the ones most likely to be followed, so I think it's fair to use them as a metric for how much attention the sport gathers. If you're going to analyze how many people watch open-wheel, you're not going to use Formula 3 as your basis, are you?

dirt3joe said:
    Something definitily feels up. F1 announcement much shorter than usual, no videos etc.

I notice PCars are releasing a mobile PCars game, which seems a bit weird seeing as it is sim orientated. Still haven't heard anything from them re the fast and the furious.
    Can you tell me where you see this mobile game? I'm just curious. I've seen apps for PCARS 2, but not a game.

Something is definitely cooking and, as a fan of things, rally related, that Codemasters does, I can't wait to find out what's in store.

EDIT:
    Accro2008 said:
    DiRTy gossip thread right now :

Tell me if i forgot anything.  :#
    This is GOLD! Great job!
    Post edited by warpengage on