Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

THE F1 BETA Thread and FAQ

Comments

• MvanLions1990MvanLions1990 Member New Car Smell
    We'll see when the beta is coming out. I think they have a good reason for it. 
  • senna94f1senna94f1 Member New Car Smell
    I can neither confirm or deny about the 23rd June , yes June 

sorry you didn't think it was May , just add a bee to that and Maybee year hahaha,

In. seriousness beta could or can come any moment and probably will come when you least expect it.
  • haydn23haydn23 Member Team Principal
    I think we will have the beta next week (probs Tuesday). It come out a week after the first video last year, and they've claimed it will be "very soon". And it also kinda makes sense, cause it's a week where ik school children our off in the UK. And atleast 50% of the community is made up out of under 18 year olds. 
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD4KthnFwavKbaHfHtz5ulg
    Steam: Haydn02  Xbox: Sid3ways Nismo PSN: Jenbut21 Twitter: @SidewaysNismo Uplay: H4ydn02
  • yanc1981yanc1981 Member New Car Smell
    I have sent my application but, no awnser since that time.. im sad :(
  • LightRacerSV5LightRacerSV5 Member New Car Smell
    How we can play the Beta, when the DSVGO make the internet today out at 10 am?
  • F1ITACommunityF1ITACommunity Member Wheel Nut
    Anyone knows if will be announced next week the selected beta tester?
  • F1ITACommunityF1ITACommunity Member Wheel Nut
    UP100 said:
    Anyone knows if will be announced next week the selected beta tester?
    I'll try to keep the main post with updates.
    Good Job man, we appreciate it!
  • martblokemartbloke Member Co-Driver
    Well I don't entirely know how much testing they want done as according to Aarava's "leak" video iirc (which has now been taken down and the thread removed from this forum), im sure he stated that he had already tested it but had an NDA. So I'm guessing yet again we are following exactly what happened last year. 

I could be misremembering the video as I'm get old now though .... 🤔
  • THEHAMZAGAMER12THEHAMZAGAMER12 Member Wheel Nut
    martbloke said:
    Well I don't entirely know how much testing they want done as according to Aarava's "leak" video iirc (which has now been taken down and the thread removed from this forum), im sure he stated that he had already tested it but had an NDA. So I'm guessing yet again we are following exactly what happened last year. 

I asked him last month on twitter if he tested the game in pre aplha state which they have done the last two games, he said to me because of esports codemasters were to busy for pre aplha testing for youtubers in february-march they DIDNT test the game, so no, he HASNT tested the game, the video was removed because he just did a lot of research on the internet. And gamestop had a leak which gave away a lot of new features.
  • stephensmattleestephensmattlee Member Race Steward
    martbloke said:

I asked him last month on twitter if he tested the game in pre aplha state which they have done the last two games, he said to me because of esports codemasters were to busy for pre aplha testing for youtubers in february-march they DIDNT test the game, so no, he HASNT tested the game, the video was removed because he just did a lot of research on the internet. And gamestop had a leak which gave away a lot of new features.
    Have to admit at first I thought gamestop had seen Aaravas “F1 2018 wishlist videos” and erroneously listed all his feature ideas as the actual features for the game 😅

Not surprised that no pre-beta testing thas been done this year to be honest, can imagine CM will probably will keep the handling from last years game but possibly just make a few tweaks to further refine things.

do think the beta is coming very soon though, my guess is middle of next week, possibly Tuesday maybe 😇
  • thegreatdaneno1thegreatdaneno1 Member New Car Smell
    UP100 said:
    There is a YouTuber (i do not want to name him) who somehow received a code 1 week before release and his subscriber count rose from 2k to 8k. He was not even making any F1 related videos before that and not even now anymore.
    Oh no! He got more popular. Shame on him!

Publishers usually like to give codes away for YouTubers even if they would be really small.

Well in that case I have a full 16 subs and i only upload F1 content - Can I get one  :D
    "If you no longer go for a gap that exists - You are no longer a racing driver"
    Ayrton Senna

"If you go for a gap that no longer exists - You are LORD MALDONADO!!!"
    Any F1 fan with sense and a good enough memory to remember the good old days...
  • UP100UP100 Member Race Engineer
    Well in that case I have a full 16 subs and i only upload F1 content - Can I get one  :D
    Well I mean depending on the publisher that might be possible actually :)
  • MarcoFcb100MarcoFcb100 Member, Drivers New Car Smell
    Comes the Beta Codes next Week? 🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂
  • WalterLemmensWalterLemmens Member New Car Smell
    UP100 said:
    Well I mean depending on the publisher that might be possible actually :)

Well in that case, I have a full 11476 subs as I post this. I make a variety of content but also do F1 streams and some F1 videos. :)
    Check out my YouTube Channel: https://youtube.com/cholover7 for some nice crash compilations and more.
  • steviejay69steviejay69 Member Petrol Head
    bassser said:
    Everybody is hyped for the Monaco GP and the Indy 500. And then theres me, always checking my emails to check if I am in the Beta xD
    Notifications, dude. 'Checking' your email is like....so 90s.
    I'm not stupid, I just don't always have all the necessary information,...stupid.
  • senna94f1senna94f1 Member New Car Smell
    Notifications are the noughties  ,mine are hand delivered by dhl from codemasters
      but next updates will be thru my oscillatory waves , ,you guys are so out of date lol,
  • AndiAndi Member, Drivers Pit Crew
    bassser said:
    Everybody is hyped for the Monaco GP and the Indy 500. And then theres me, always checking my emails to check if I am in the Beta xD
    They won't release the beta during a weekend, will be early next week at best.
  • ritti1987ritti1987 Member New Car Smell
    I hope that you release the beta this week on Tuesday or Wednesday, because in Germany on Thursday is a holiday and then a long weekend can take place.
    F1 2017 Beta (PS4)
This discussion has been closed.