Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

THE F1 BETA Thread and FAQ

Comments

• JP072JP072 Member Petrol Head
    edited June 1
    The beta is not for playing, it’s testing and highlighting potential bugs. Or give your opinion what you think could/must improve.

Don’t see it as a demo, cause it really isn’t.

it’s not for fun, but about helping codies to make the greatest f1 game of all time;)

And for who signed up to get an “advantage” when the game release, they willn’t guys so dont be afraid😬
  • whatanmentalguywhatanmentalguy Member Unleaded
    path1337 said:
    Seems to be my R.I.P. tomb
    And the signature of it is the twitter link.
  • sirio994sirio994 Member Wheel Nut
    edited June 1
    Spent the first weeks last year reporting bugs and testing things. I hoped to be part of the beta to help, but didn't happen. I wrote that i'm a sim guy who plays 100% distances, no assists, offline sim (fanatec user). I feel it like the answer: no, we don't want those players.

I wrote it last year: been part of many betas and this one is badly organized. Primary testers are youtubers who in the beta/alpha process make videos to say if the like the new handling model (not if it's more realistic) and they drive better or worse. The problem is half of the people involved in this part of the process are only interested in having an advantage or a game that fits their style better and makes them more competitive...

I'm sure e-sports finalists are in but i doubt they will provide a feedback just for the progress of the game...
  • Reyfoxf1Reyfoxf1 Member New Car Smell
    edited June 1

I do not see why those who received the beta have to make fun of those who did not receive it.

Please Push disagree or agree button and stop.

I was not reffering to the beta but to the rest of the process. Most influential testers (those invited by Codemasters) have some sort of interest in the game (and it's not good for the average customers
    ). It's sad but feedback is not the same for all. Beta testers are a good thing but what about those invited by Codemasters? Sometimes i wonder why Assetto Corsa is less covered on Youtube than it should and why many youtubers stop playing it after the first crash. It's a great game but the reality is that it doesn't sell online and they are not able to smash the competition online as they want. Beta testers are the good part but those who have actual influence with their reviews and feedback...have interests too.

Maybe i'm an ******* but if i were Brandon Leigh i would root for less changes as possible...
  • haitch40haitch40 Member, Drivers Pit Crew
    edited June 1
    sirio994 said:
    Spent the first weeks last year reporting bugs and testing things. I hoped to be part of the beta to help, but didn't happen. I wrote that i'm a sim guy who plays 100% distances, no assists, offline sim (fanatec user). I feel it like the answer: no, we don't want those players.

I wrote it last year: been part of many betas and this one is badly organized. Primary testers are youtubers who in the beta/alpha process make videos to say if the like the new handling model (not if it's more realistic) and they drive better or worse. The problem is half of the people involved in this part of the process are only interested in having an advantage or a game that fits their style better and makes them more competitive...

I'm sure e-sports finalists are in but i doubt they will provide a feedback just for the progress of the game...
    Damn, you caught me!

You're absolutely right. I'm in it so I can kick ass and take names as soon as the full game releases. Furthermore, I'll produce content for my non-existing YouTube channel, talking about the handling model and all other aspects of the beta.

So be on the lockout. Soon, the ImDyingYouIdiot Show, exclusively on YouTube. I'll be ranting on about pre-orders, bad writing in movies and video games, junk food, and just why the Scuderia Ferrari the best sports team of all time is. Tune in! Oh, and don't forget to smash that like button like it owes you money!
    You as well? I mean I am only in so I can get one over my league even though I am not in a league and mostly play career mode.
  • KopparaKoppara Member, Drivers Wheel Nut
    edited June 1
    If you got two applications from one IP (not same user tho), did you ignore the other one? @Faya
    F1 2016 Beta Tester
    F1 2017 Beta Tester
  • liveTOwinliveTOwin Member Petrol Head
    Hope the beta testers will do a great job :)
  • UP100UP100 Member Race Engineer
    sirio994 said:
    I was not reffering to the beta but to the rest of the process. Most influential testers (those invited by Codemasters) have some sort of interest in the game (and it's not good for the average customers
    ). It's sad but feedback is not the same for all. Beta testers are a good thing but what about those invited by Codemasters? Sometimes i wonder why Assetto Corsa is less covered on Youtube than it should and why many youtubers stop playing it after the first crash. It's a great game but the reality is that it doesn't sell online and they are not able to smash the competition online as they want. Beta testers are the good part but those who have actual influence with their reviews and feedback...have interests too.

Maybe i'm an ******* but if i were Brandon Leigh i would root for less changes as possible...
    So what's the problem exactly...? Are you saying because they are "only" YouTubers, they should never be able to participate in closed alpha? Nothing is final at that stage anyways and the beta testers are still the ones who make the handling and so on.
  • mceci1mceci1 Member Pit Crew
    Reyfoxf1 said:

I do not see why those who received the beta have to make fun of those who did not receive it.

Please Push disagree or agree button and stop.

No one is doing that though, and if they are, then the admin are doing a hell of a job deleting their posts as soon as its put up, as I haven't seen anyone make fun of anyone else, only people making fun of how codemasters chose their beta's. Anyway, I'll leave it at that as I don't know, there may have been comments but they aren't there now
    UP100 said:
    sirio994 said:

So what's the problem exactly...? Are you saying because they are "only" YouTubers, they should never be able to participate in closed alpha? Nothing is final at that stage anyways and the beta testers are still the ones who make the handling and so on.

Exactly, they are customers like us and testers like us. Their feedback should count the same, but it's no longer the case in gaming industry. Youtube and Esports give much to videogames but they take much too (history is full of cases where the devs changed direction and gameplay because of 2-3 complaining youtube videos.
  • ksellsksells Member Wheel Nut
    Pavilon said:
    Got a Beta key, but don´t have time to play.
    So if someone want the key, write me an email.
    First come, First serve.
    Don't take this the wrong way, but why apply for the beta then? The codes are yet to be sent out too.
    F1 2017 & F1 2018 Beta Tester (PC)
  • TARJAMTARJAM Member Pit Crew
    Pavilon said:
    Got a Beta key, but don´t have time to play.
    So if someone want the key, write me an email.
    First come, First serve.
    This is proof to what I commented earlier. Surely not all beta testers are the same, but many are non-deserving!!!
    Twitter: @GP1ESPORTS
    PSN ID: F1_Roadrunner, GP1_TAREK_J
  • PhilK4PhilK4 Member New Car Smell
    Maybe he Just doesnt have the time to play games atm...
    some people have exams, Or have to work...

jeez, be a bit more friendly please...
  • haitch40haitch40 Member, Drivers Pit Crew
    Seriously said:
    This thread should be honestly blocked for all users here. The only thing I can read is how people, who didn't got accepted, blame Codemasters for don't let them take part in the beta (not everybody, but many here). I don't know how many signed up for the F1 2018 Beta, but surely not just 1000 people. Surely much much more, but talking yourself up like a "god" is hilarious. On one hand I can understand your emotions fully, but on the other hand you're just a little bit rude. It surely hurts a little bit, if you can't take part, many can't take part, but do not let your fury out to others. That's not fair.

I mean honestly, to offend each other leads to absolutly nothing.

Eh it's common, it's like when people get rejected for jobs and they go on a massive rant about how they were perfect for the job and the company are idiots.
This discussion has been closed.