Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

THE F1 BETA Thread and FAQ

Comments

• sirio994sirio994 Member Wheel Nut
    edited June 3
    haitch40 said:
    Seriously said:
    This thread should be honestly blocked for all users here. The only thing I can read is how people, who didn didn'tj't got accepted, blame Codemasters for don't let them take part in the beta (not everybody, but many here). I don't know how many signed up for the F1 2018 Beta, but surely not just 1000 people. Surely much much more, but talking yourself up like a "god" is hilarious. On one hand I can understand your emotions fully, but on the other hand you're just a little bit rude. It surely hurts a little bit, if you can't take part, many can't take part, but do not let your fury out to others. That's not fair.

I mean honestly, to offend each other leads to absolutly nothing.

Eh it's common, it's like when people get rejected for jobs and they go on a massive rant about how they were perfect for the job and the company are idiots.
    With the only difference that here there is no resume. And there is no personal history for future applications (like he didn't play, he didn't give enough feeback, his feeback was useless and so on...)
  • THEHAMZAGAMER12THEHAMZAGAMER12 Member Wheel Nut
    Faya said:

Hi all,

To clarify: Beta codes are NOT transferable. So please do not offer your codes and do not request them from others. Don't forget, you agreed to the Terms and Conditions of the Beta when you applied. Part of that was that codes are non-transferable. For those of you in the Beta, you will be able to re-read the Ts and Cs in the Beta forums.

If you are no longer able to or no longer want to take part in the Beta, let me know. Thanks.

When will we be able to have acces to the bets forums?
  • PhilK4PhilK4 Member New Car Smell
    Any idea on When the beta Will be up to try?
  • Far1anFar1an Member Unleaded
    Faya said:
    Hi @THEHAMZAGAMER12,

Very soon! Just doing a couple of final bits before we can open the gates.
    Ohh some good news. I´m so curious! :)
    Faya said:
    Hi @THEHAMZAGAMER12,

EDIT: Because I'm reading a billion things and confused myself.

The beta FORUMS will be opening soon.

The beta itself - I will have more info on that soon, which we will talk about in the forums. 

Sorry for any confusion! 

[Edit: Cos' I'm a silly]
    I really hope its this week, it would so nice
  • FayaFaya Member admin
    Updated my last post! Cos' I read "forums" when there wasn't the word forums. Sorry all! 
  • haitch40haitch40 Member, Drivers Wheel Nut
    Faya said:
    Updated my last post! Cos' I read "forums" when there wasn't the word forums. Sorry all! 
    You're a silly :P 

How soon is the forums? Its just soon is a well known thing in the gaming industry and can mean months.
  • FRACTUREDFRACTURED Member, Drivers Champion
    @Faya I know you guys are loath to give an exact date in case you miss it and people completely lose their minds, but equally, "SOON" has become one of the worst cop out words in the industry*** Many of the beta testers likely have jobs and family which they would like to fit their testing around. 

Those who are due some leave would likely appreciate something along the lines of 'week beginning' xth of Y.  ;)

***SMSoon became  its own thing when waiting for the pCars patches in 16. Heck, "Patch Live In Canada" became the "anti-soon". Somebody will understand this :)
    VIOLENCE. SPEED. MOMENTUM.

The two time, 2016/2018 F1 Beta testing Champion of the World.
  • haydn23haydn23 Member Team Principal
    Faya said:
    Hi @THEHAMZAGAMER12,

EDIT: Because I'm reading a billion things and confused myself.

The beta FORUMS will be opening soon.

The beta itself - I will have more info on that soon, which we will talk about in the Beta forums. 

Sorry for any confusion! 

[Edit: Cos' I'm a silly]
    I suppose this year we're gonna be testing more for actual glitches and stuff rather than handling? I suppose that's why it's coming so late. Which is great! cause it shows learning has been done and they are now understanding the importance of a fully functional game with no major glitches/issues.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD4KthnFwavKbaHfHtz5ulg
    Steam: Haydn02  Xbox: Sid3ways Nismo PSN: Jenbut21 Twitter: @SidewaysNismo Uplay: H4ydn02
  • Unnamed25Unnamed25 Member Unleaded
    So I'm assuming codes haven't been emailed as yet?
    I go by Sabba7h just about everywhere else. Who's ABilly05?
    Unlucky Season 15 AOR F6 Midfielder who should be much faster
  • haitch40haitch40 Member, Drivers Wheel Nut
    Unnamed25 said:
    So I'm assuming codes haven't been emailed as yet?
    Nope they haven't.
  • Frankenstein795Frankenstein795 Member New Car Smell
    How would I use the beta forums? do i get an email giving instructions or will it be an extra subboard on this forum?
    Hi whatsup! My name is Niek and I like playing racing games and producing music!
    How would I use the beta forums? do i get an email giving instructions or will it be an extra subboard on this forum?
    Both
  • FMPItaliaFMPItalia Member New Car Smell
    Hoping that beta's code is going to arrives for Canadian GP :smile:
    FMPItalia said:
    Hoping that beta's code is going to arrives for Canadian GP :smile:
    Yea @jennyannem said on twitter that the codes are coming this week or so
  • JuliendRijkJuliendRijk Member New Car Smell
    @Faya Will the beta forum be made before the Canadian GP?
  • whatanmentalguywhatanmentalguy Member Unleaded
    Nice i'm in Dublin atm will be ready for Beta when i'm back home at saturday! is really cool :smile: Ireland is beautiful
  • guidomixguidomix Member New Car Smell
    edited June 5
    codemasters almost always made big announcements on Friday. Thursday will be the last stage of the esports. It seems obvious enough that the codes will arrive on Friday, as the opening of the beta testers forum.
This discussion has been closed.